Serious Start-up Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

X_Hydra_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 X_Hydra_X
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts
    I have once again ventured into the forums of PC hardware, once again requiring and requesting your aid. A friend of mine is unable to come here, so I am present on her behalf. She is having a problem starting up her computer, in the fact it will go straight to the screen asking if you want to use safe mode, a different setting which worked, or start windows normally(The usual F8 screen), however she is not pressing F8.
    If she selects yes to any of the options, or lets the counter go to 0 and windows to start normally, the screen will simply revert to a black screen, to a blue screen for a few seconds, to the windows boot up screen , and finally ending up on the F8 Screen.
    I have suggested attempting to reinstall windows, but any other help would be gladly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Hydra.  

X_Hydra_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 X_Hydra_X
Please help , and if you know the solution and I do not reply , feel free to add either.

OR

On msn to aid us.
Thanks once again.
Hydra
_0V3RKI11_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 _0V3RKI11_
Member since 2006 • 2267 Posts
Go to the BIOS, and there should be some sort of option to turn off the automatic re-boot, this will allow you to see the error, it will most likely say "unmountable boot volume" if it does, a reformat will be needed, if it says something else, post back with what it says.
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
Try a repair install of windows and never reveal your e-mail add like that..
FlameMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 FlameMe
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
Before you reformat and reinstall there are a couple things you could try. First boot from you Windows XP CD, click R for Recovery Consol. First type "chkdsk /r" to scan your Hard Drive for errors and correct them. Next type "fix mbr" to write a new Master Boot Record. After that try rebooting without the CD, if windows still crashes try a windows repair from the Windows CD. These aren't guaranteed fixs but if they work it will be faster then reinstalling. If anyone disagrees with this approach let me know.:)
X_Hydra_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 X_Hydra_X
Thank you very much for the help, I cant see why displaying my email address is a big problem, it can be found on my profile and on different forums its also just as easily available , but even so , i shall remove it . Thank you very much, I will reply with the results of if this worked soon.