Selling 12 PC games on Ebay for $80

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brettakins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brettakins
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

Selling 12 PC games on Ebay for $80 and no bids. Does this price seem a little exspensive or something all the games are l around less than 2 years old, Ths list of games include: Tomb Raider: Underworld - Tomb Raider: Legend - Stranglehold - Infernal - Beowulf - The Incredible Hulk - Spiderman: Web of Shadows - Rise of the Argonauts - Hitman: Blood Money - Assassins Creed - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Mafia. I thought that this was a bargain any suggestions?

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Hm...US Dollers? Good deal as that puts the games all under 10 bucks..
Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts
That's too much, especially since a lot of those games are crap.
JackalJnr23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JackalJnr23
Member since 2005 • 844 Posts
I would say it's more to do with the caliber of the game at your disposal. There isn't a real demand for any of those games in question. The consumer may not want the bundled selection, therefore a suggestion would be to sell them separately.
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

I would say it's more to do with the caliber of the game at your disposal. There isn't a real demand for any of those games in question. The consumer may not want the bundled selection, therefore a suggestion would be to sell them separately. JackalJnr23

This.

Almost every game listed in there is utter ****. The games that don't have the "utter" part get boring in like a few hours anyway.

bedram793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 bedram793
Member since 2006 • 1741 Posts
Mafia alone is worth $80.
brettakins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brettakins

I dropped it down to $70 I may add a game or two.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Mafia alone is worth $80. bedram793

Not when you can get it for free, or at least for practically nothing elsewhere :/

ldfresky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ldfresky
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
IT'S SO EXPENSIVE!
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts

brettakins
Those games are a little cheap no offense, a couple good ones in there. For business you should price it 69.99$, so it seems A LOT cheaper but isnt. and add 1-2 more games. I hope you arend ripping anyone off with cd keys...
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
[QUOTE="brettakins"]

Dr_Brocoli
Those games are a little cheap no offense, a couple good ones in there. For business you should price it 69.99$, so it seems A LOT cheaper but isnt. and add 1-2 more games. I hope you arend ripping anyone off with cd keys...

The only 1 I see that might have CD-Key issues would be Assassins Creed with its online activation.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

It doesn't appear you know this so I'll cut and paste from the Terms of Service, here's something it says you can't do:

Advertising: Messages that clearly advertise a service or product are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: unsolicited commercial or personal web site advertisements; For-Sale/For-Trade/For-Auction/Wanted notices; "Make Money Fast" scams, chain letters, and pyramid schemes; or any referrer-ID based sites (including both games and free-item marketing sites). Users are allowed to include their web site address in a signature, request comments on their personal site in a social setting, or provide, only once, an interesting or relevant link to another site. If a user directly or indirectly profits from a site or link, it may not be posted on the Service.

Just a freindly fyi.

jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

[QUOTE="JackalJnr23"]I would say it's more to do with the caliber of the game at your disposal. There isn't a real demand for any of those games in question. The consumer may not want the bundled selection, therefore a suggestion would be to sell them separately. Mograine

This.

Almost every game listed in there is utter ****. The games that don't have the "utter" part get boring in like a few hours anyway.

most of them are perhaps, but not all

mafia and gta??

not boring!!

HOMIE_G64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 HOMIE_G64
Member since 2005 • 1482 Posts

It doesn't appear you know this so I'll cut and paste from the Terms of Service, here's something it says you can't do:

Advertising: Messages that clearly advertise a service or product are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: unsolicited commercial or personal web site advertisements; For-Sale/For-Trade/For-Auction/Wanted notices; "Make Money Fast" scams, chain letters, and pyramid schemes; or any referrer-ID based sites (including both games and free-item marketing sites). Users are allowed to include their web site address in a signature, request comments on their personal site in a social setting, or provide, only once, an interesting or relevant link to another site. If a user directly or indirectly profits from a site or link, it may not be posted on the Service.

Just a freindly fyi.

rgsniper1

It doesn't appear (as if) you know this so I'll just tell you in the incorrect grammar and spelling that you told everyone else.

He is clearly not advertising and and asking us for our opinion on the price.

Just a freindly [sic] fyi.

I agree with the seperation idea. I might not be too keen on some of the products, but I might want just one. You can make more money and attract more people if you seperated it out and maybe put a "Check my other auctions!!!!" notice on the bottom of the auction. Maybe even make it a bid.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Wow, so yeah dude I was trying to be helpful. I honestly put it out there because I thought it broke the ToS and was letting the poster be aware of it. Thanks for being an jerk about it.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

Estimated new prices for said games from a quick web search.

Tomb Raider: Underworld -$20

Tomb Raider: Legend -$15

Stranglehold -$10

Infernal -$5

Beowulf -$10

The Incredible Hulk -$5

Spiderman: Web of Shadows -$10

Rise of the Argonauts -16

Hitman: Blood Money -5

Assassins Creed -20

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas -$7

Mafia - 10

That makes these games $133 at retail prices brand new, and these games aren't really selling well at those prices either. Considering buying used PC games is a fairly high risk asking $80 for a bunch of unwanted games is a bit high. Most gamers will only be interested in a few games on the list and not want to deal w/ the rest. I say break your auction up into individual auctions and you might have more luck. People are much more likely to take a $15 risk on a title than an $80 risk w/ several.

jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
i think its expensive, those games don't seem like they're worth $80. Maybe around $60 for all of them or so
grgjin111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 grgjin111
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I usually just put my stuff up starting at $0.01 for 7 days, usually get a lot of bids as people slowly bid up. When others see so many bids, they get interested and might even start a bidding war. Setting a concrete price from the start might work against you. Just let people bid for it, ppl like to see big bundles 'cause they feel they can get a big discount than buying single games individually.

brettakins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 brettakins

I dropped it down to $55 recently so we'll see how it goes from here. Now if thats too expensive games have really no resale value.

HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I dropped it down to $55 recently so we'll see how it goes from here. Now if thats too expensive games have really no resale value.

brettakins

Most of those games aren't in high demand. You should try selling them seperately for extra-cheap prices.