Scumbag EA (Titanfall Beta)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Just go and email for the titanfall beta, but despite selecting PC version on both my accounts they sent me an XBOX LIVE beta key...

One of my friends also had the problem.... any idea who to contact to sort this nonsense out?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Yeah, they've acknowledged this and said it's a mistake and they are currently in the process of sending out replacement PC codes for those affected. They are also allowing you to keep the X1 code, to give to a friend, but you'd be better off selling it on eBay, there selling for close to the full price of the game.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@spike6958 said:

Yeah, they've acknowledged this and said it's a mistake and they are currently in the process of sending out replacement PC codes for those affected. They are also allowing you to keep the X1 code, to give to a friend, but you'd be better off selling it on eBay, there selling for close to the full price of the game.

I wouldn't recommend that, it's against Ebay's policy to sell digital items even if you are shipping a little card with the code on it as well, it would be super easy for someone to scam you, and eBay may even take the auctions down and mark your account.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
@TwistedShade said:

@spike6958 said:

I wouldn't recommend that, it's against Ebay's policy to sell digital items even if you are shipping a little card with the code on it as well, it would be super easy for someone to scam you, and eBay may even take the auctions down and mark your account.

Well people are doing it and, stupidly, they are selling. Also, I've never seen eBay remove digital auctions, i've seen plenty of people selling their pre-order bonuses on there without a problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Yup, the entire EA help site has messages plastered everywhere I should of seen. sent them an email, apparently they will send a new PC key out in 2 hours. buuut they require the XBOX key you was given... so dont go trying to sell it :P

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

its a ploy to get more people buying XBones, EA gets a cut of every sale for the next few days

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

its pretty widespread from what ive been reading. it happened to me too.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@TwistedShade said:

@spike6958 said:

I wouldn't recommend that, it's against Ebay's policy to sell digital items even if you are shipping a little card with the code on it as well,

That can't be true. I've bought digital items from Ebay before. A lot of sellers sell keys to all sorts of games.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@TwistedShade said:

@spike6958 said:

I wouldn't recommend that, it's against Ebay's policy to sell digital items even if you are shipping a little card with the code on it as well,

That can't be true. I've bought digital items from Ebay before. A lot of sellers sell keys to all sorts of games.

It's still against eBay's policy even if they don't take them down, if the buyer decides to screw you there will be nothing you can do because eBay will just state they don't allow digital goods to be sold, and side with the buyer.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

HOW DARE THEY MAKE A MISTAKE, THEY OWE TO LET ME PLAY THEIR GAME FOR FREE

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

They sent me a code for each on my one email account. I'll probably just offer up the XB1 on Facebook and if no-one bites I'll give it out on here or something.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Yup, the entire EA help site has messages plastered everywhere I should of seen. sent them an email, apparently they will send a new PC key out in 2 hours. buuut they require the XBOX key you was given... so dont go trying to sell it :P

So they made a mistake, acknowledged that mistake and will fix it but they automatically are scumbags straight away? Tough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@FelipeInside said:

@MBirdy88 said:

So they made a mistake, acknowledged that mistake and will fix it but they automatically are scumbags straight away? Tough.

I did post this before thatwas made aware though.

now they are scumbags because of a bug makes the game unplayable (cant join servers) ... there is always something Felipe... always something ;)

PS if you didn't know "Scumbag [ISNERT NAME HERE]" is just an internet meme over exaggerating some bad action ;)

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@MBirdy88 said:

now they are scumbags because of a bug makes the game unplayable (cant join servers) ... there is always something Felipe... always something ;)

PS if you didn't know "Scumbag [ISNERT NAME HERE]" is just an internet meme over exaggerating some bad action ;)

That's not even EA's fault thoe. The game is running on Microsoft's Azure servers both PC and Xbox. This is actually more reason why Microsoft are scumbags. The cloud can't even handle a beta for an AAA game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@JangoWuzHere said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@MBirdy88 said:

That's not even EA's fault thoe. The game is running on Microsoft's Azure servers both PC and Xbox. This is actually more reason why Microsoft are scumbags. The cloud can't even handle a beta for an AAA game.

yup I am aware.... its a beta and this happens in most big games now, not surprised. I don't blame companies for not having perfect launches, from a business standpoint, paying for the extra resources required just so a million angry nerds can play in the first 5 minutes is not worth the effort... and I agree with that stance.

especially considering this is a free beta.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Just go and email for the titanfall beta, but despite selecting PC version on both my accounts they sent me an XBOX LIVE beta key...

One of my friends also had the problem.... any idea who to contact to sort this nonsense out?

oh jesus... bitch more. some of us signed up on day one, with 3 accounts, and still havent gotten an email.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@TwistedShade said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@TwistedShade said:

@spike6958 said:

It's still against eBay's policy even if they don't take them down, if the buyer decides to screw you there will be nothing you can do because eBay will just state they don't allow digital goods to be sold, and side with the buyer.

Ebay knows about digital goods being sold in their marketplace. It isn't stopping them from taking action like they did with MMO game accounts. As long as they get a cut they're happy and they're even willing to break their own rules for the sake of profiteering.