Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Paradocs
Member since 2015 • 264 Posts

Out of no where I started having a problem with certain pc games.. when I'm at the main menu some games constantly up like I'm scroll pressing "W" or holding up on the d-pad/joystick.. I Googled and all the results said I needed a new controller, but I tried disconnecting it, reinstalling drivers, restarting my computer, and trying another controller, but nothing worked. Is there anything else I could try?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I think we need a lot more info. Is this happening with all interfaces, or just a specific controller? Is it/are they wireless? Did you have more than one interface hooked up at the same time? What games?

This sounds like the kind of weird thing to happen when batteries get low in some devices. But it could be a sticky button. Try running the game with the device (or all but the mouse) unplugged.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@paradocs: something doesn't sound right TBH, you said you've reinstalled your PC as if format and clean install? and you've tried different controller and the results are the same?

If those are true, I can only imagine you're using a USB port which has faulty drivers or something alike, either that or you've installed some sort of software that made it go all haywire all over again.

Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Paradocs

@PredatorRules: I restarted my computer as in turning it off and turning on it back on, lol, and I tried reinstalling my xbox 360 gamepad drivers.. How do I go about reinstalling usb port drivers? I didn't know that was a thing. lol

@xantufrog: This is happening with both my controllers, but I don't think it's the controllers cause it still happens while they're disconnected. The controllers I have are wireless xbox one gamepads. Yes, I had them both connected at once, but also tried them individually. The games had this problem with was Subnatica, Soul Calibur 6, and Monster Hunter World, but I didn't have any problems with Far Cry 5, or Dying Light.

I took your suggestion to unplug everything except for the mouse, but it didn't fix the problem, unfortunately.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@paradocs: weird! I hope you find a solution...

Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Paradocs

@xantufrog: Thanks, man, I might have to do a clean install of windows, that'll be a pain. lol

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GeryGo  Moderator

@paradocs: Yeah that's not what I meant, I meant format it and do a clean install, also types of issues as you've described could be driver issues caused by new OS like Windows 10 running on old hardware (Intel Gen 4 or lower)

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

This has happened to me before. I can't remember the exact option I disabled, but if you open Device Manager and look at your HID/Human Interface Devices, there is likely a specific device listed there that you just need to right click and disable. Be careful when you're in there though. As I said, I don't remember what the specific device is called, and you can break something in here if you don't know what you're doing

Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Paradocs

@Zuon: Man, thank you, you don't know how much I appreciate this, lol. I went into Human Interface Devices through my Device Manager and disabled Vjoy Virtual JoyStick and it fixed my problem. I don't know where it came from, so I'm contemplating uninstalling it altogether. lol

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GeryGo  Moderator
@paradocs said:

@Zuon: Man, thank you, you don't know how much I appreciate this, lol. I went into Human Interface Devices through my Device Manager and disabled Vjoy Virtual JoyStick and it fixed my problem. I don't know where it came from, so I'm contemplating uninstalling it altogether. lol

You had an emulation software for that controller and you forgot to mention it?

Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Paradocs

@PredatorRules: Not really, I didn't download any software for my controller, like I said before, I don't know where came from, it was most likey packaged in with something I downloaded. lol