Screen resolution question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

titanic5445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 titanic5445
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hey there.

I really am no expert whatsoever with PCs... I'm doing my best to elaborate my problem with the best wording I can find!

I have a 20'' LG Monitor. It's a wide screen. When I purchased the PC, the default screen resolution was 1600 x 900. Although the detail and the resolution is great, I have a hard time reading on it because the characters (letters and numbers) are small. A friend of mine proposed I changed the text size on internet explorer, which I did, but it only seem to make a difference on a number of sites or texts.

I tried other resolutions but it doesn't give me a 16:9 resolution. It's a 4:3 or even 5:4 ratio. There doesn't seem to be an option to keep my 16:9 ratio. The text, although visible, is stretched.

When I check the screen resolution settings (Win XP), there are two numbered screens. If I change the resolution, it changes screen 1 and screen 2 just ajusts consequently. Is it a setup so I can switch from screen 1 to 2?

As I am writing this message, I changed my resolution to 800 x 600. It's nice and big... and stretched. Could I run into some problems by using such a resolution? I'm mostly concerned about gaming. When you play certain games, the game might play on a different resolution (I don't know if I'm wording this right, hope you understand what I'm trying to say).

Thanks in advance for your input.

futs22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 futs22
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts
Games don't have to run at the same resolution as your desktop resolution. In any game, set and save the preferred resolution so that it'll run at your ideal resolution whenever you run the game.