scanner driver issue()!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SalikSST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 SalikSST
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

i have HP scanjet 2400 its old now however i nedd to use it but their is driver related problem.first i installed its drivers off its official disk it goes well but when i try to run it pops up a message of 'This software is not compatible with this version of windows'it did on Win Vista & Win 7 aswell i tried all compatibility tricks but to no avail even patched from HP site.please help how am i supposed to make it work.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

i have HP scanjet 2400 its old now however i nedd to use it but their is driver related problem.first i installed its drivers off its official disk it goes well but when i try to run it pops up a message of 'This software is not compatible with this version of windows'it did on Win Vista & Win 7 aswell i tried all compatibility tricks but to no avail even patched from HP site.please help how am i supposed to make it work.

SalikSST

Try uninstalling all the old drivers and then let Windows Update find the correct drivers. Usually, Windows 7 is good at finding drivers for older devices. I have 2 HP All In One printers (C3100 and F4100 both from 2006) installed and Windows 7 did all the work.

I also checked HP's site and they have 32-bit and 64-bit drivers for your scanner. If they don't work, then perhaps your Windows 7 may not be up to date.