Ryse is coming to PC.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

So this looks like cryteks desperate attempt to stay alive. Tweet.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Why would i want to play this garbage?

Crytek is dead.

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxninja666xx
Member since 2011 • 737 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

Why would i want to play this garbage?

This. If I wanted to watch a movie where I need to press a button from time to time to see something happen, I'd have fired up Dragon's Lair or something.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

LOL, hilarious! :D But yeah, never gonna touch this game. :)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Crytek can't have my money, I don't buy benchmarks.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I'm going to buy this game...a box of trash bags because that's where these disks are sure to end up.

xD

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

I'll buy it when they put it on the "Crytek Humble Save Our Asses Bundle" for two bucks.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

congrats! finally catching up to consoles...

Salt101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Salt101010
Member since 2011 • 63 Posts

Terrible game anyways, won't be worth a buy.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Crytek can't have my money, I don't buy benchmarks.

lol

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

ITT: People that haven't played the game and brainlessly parrot what 4chon.org says. It's not an amazing game but it's not awful either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@softwaregeek said:

congrats! finally catching up to consoles...

This is not system wars buddy. Take it elsewhere.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Do not want

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@k3ck said:

ITT: People that haven't played the game and brainlessly parrot what 4chon.org says. It's not an amazing game but it's not awful either.

You really think people care about the gameplay of the game more than the name behind it? If it wasn't from Crytek there wouldn't even be a thread.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

This thread alone is why developers hate PC gamers. Most of the people who troll this forum are over opinionated "I are cooler than you, mi rig rulz", obvious morons, who care way too much about who develops the game, rather than the way the game is played, or the story behind it.

I'll be buying, if I happen to dislike it, it's not like $60.00 is going to break me. It's not like I'll have applied for a mortage or anything. Good god, stop being so jaded. "OMG CRYTEK DIDNT TINK OF US FIRST EFF THOSE GUYZ BOYCOTT FOR LYF!" << Yeah, really, that's how you all are. No denying it.

filben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 filben
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts

And again one game less speaking for the XOne if you own a good PC. MS' consoles are really good at it making themselves obsolet. The 360 also managed to do so to some extend.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#19 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Yay?

It better come with a benchmarking tool at least lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Lol this is why I love RPS. 3D Benchmark Tool Comes To PC – Ryse: Son Of Rome

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KHAndAnime

@SystemsGO said:

This thread alone is why developers hate PC gamers. Most of the people who troll this forum are over opinionated "I are cooler than you, mi rig rulz", obvious morons, who care way too much about who develops the game, rather than the way the game is played, or the story behind it.

I'll be buying, if I happen to dislike it, it's not like $60.00 is going to break me. It's not like I'll have applied for a mortage or anything. Good god, stop being so jaded. "OMG CRYTEK DIDNT TINK OF US FIRST EFF THOSE GUYZ BOYCOTT FOR LYF!" << Yeah, really, that's how you all are. No denying it.

So we should just all give Crytek our money because $60 isn't expensive and we're supposed to be nice? **** off. Crytek ripped me off with Crysis 2. Practically scammed me with that title. Keep supporting shitty titles and shitty developers and they will stick around to give you more - smart thinking mate, if only we were all like you...

Suppose we should all collectively just start buying all DLC released for EA titles because hey - it's not that expensive, right? Wouldn't want to seem jaded, would we?

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#22  Edited By Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

I might watch that movie

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Apart from all the spam in this thread, has anyone actually played this on XBone? Is it good, bad, average?

I don't judge a game based on what platform it's been on.... Alan Wake is a great example of "better late than never"

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Anyone hoping for HALO MC collection to be announced for PC will be highly disappointed. The only reason why RYSE and Dead rising 3 where ported over to pc was because they where developed by third party studios. MS realises that the xbox one needs halo as its signature, and therefore it shall remain exclusive.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Though the game does not feature an engaging and challenging combat system, I still want it because of:

-pretty graphics

-interesting setting

Also, more reason to not get an Xbone is good news for me.

@mesomorphin said:

Anyone hoping for HALO MC collection to be announced for PC will be highly disappointed. The only reason why RYSE and Dead rising 3 where ported over to pc was because they where developed by third party studios. MS realises that the xbox one needs halo as its signature, and therefore it shall remain exclusive.

Yup, pretty much.

Dead Rising 3, Ryse and other games making it over is thanks to the developers and publishers. Not MS.

If anything MS paid to keep them away from PC for a year. And MS continues to pay for exclusivity and timed exclusivity to purposely keep games away from PC.

MS may continuously claim they care about PC gaming and have things in store, their actions speak louder than their words though...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

Apart from all the spam in this thread, has anyone actually played this on XBone? Is it good, bad, average?

I don't judge a game based on what platform it's been on.... Alan Wake is a great example of "better late than never"

The game's combat is fun but highly repetitive.

The game is also really short. Though if you like the combat, you'll enjoy many hours of online or co-op

It's like GOW but with zero depth in the combat system.

Some people hated it and got bored quick, other people like the game.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts
@KHAndAnime said:

@SystemsGO said:

So we should just all give Crytek our money because $60 isn't expensive and we're supposed to be nice? **** off. Crytek ripped me off with Crysis 2. Practically scammed me with that title. Keep supporting shitty titles and shitty developers and they will stick around to give you more - smart thinking mate, if only we were all like you...

Suppose we should all collectively just start buying all DLC released for EA titles because hey - it's not that expensive, right? Wouldn't want to seem jaded, would we?

You're a moron.. Every developer and publisher has a bad game, I suppose you should stop playing games period based on your logic. Crysis 2 was perfectly playable. I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, and Crysis 3 was good to me. I have yet to be disappointed by Crytek games. However, boycotting a developer because you feel they ripped you off with ONE game is a little sad, and speaks volumes of your character. It's like "The fries weren't cooked that 1 time at McDonald's, never going back!". So close minded.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I'll pass. The game looks like carp.

Crytek can go out of business for all I care. Why port this to the PC when we're all stinking pirates? Right?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KHAndAnime

@SystemsGO said:
@KHAndAnime said:

@SystemsGO said:

You're a moron.. Every developer and publisher has a bad game, I suppose you should stop playing games period based on your logic. Crysis 2 was perfectly playable. I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, and Crysis 3 was good to me. I have yet to be disappointed by Crytek games. However, boycotting a developer because you feel they ripped you off with ONE game is a little sad, and speaks volumes of your character. It's like "The fries weren't cooked that 1 time at McDonald's, never going back!". So close minded.

Comparing a $60 product to $2 fries? Reaching much? A videogame isn't fast food, genius. Crysis 2 wasn't perfectly playable at launch, and wasn't perfectly playable long after launch.

There's a difference between releasing an unfinished game and a bad game. You should learn that difference. Crysis 2 was unfinished ( game breaking bugs galore, couldn't play MP for days after launch, lying about having DX11 at launch and then releasing it long later), and Ryse, their most recent title, sucked ass (according to critics and gamers globally). Going to wait for a dozen more shitty games from the ass of Crytek before you've learned your lesson?

Keep supporting companies that shit on their customers and they will continue to shit on you. You can bask in shitty games and support them - personally I like to give my money to the developers who actually have earned it. There are plenty of them. Natural selection works. Ignoring track record and placing blind faith in a company is retarded.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Played it on a friends XBone around 5 months ago.

It's barely even a game. I'll admit that it was mildly entertaining and looks remarkable for a console game, but the gameplay is damn near nonexistent.

Benchmark whores will buy it, but I sure as hell won't.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

You guys don't know what you're talking about!?!?!?! Ryse sone of Rome is truly effin next gen masterpiece!!!! MASTERPIECE!!!! NEXT GEN!!!!!XBONEGENERATIONX1MASTERPS4!!!!

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Well maybe they will add stuff to it. At least they are supporting the PC.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

If they resold crysis 3 on next gen, they would make more money.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mesomorphin

@FelipeInside said:

Graphically its beautiful! textures look amazing even up close and will look just as good or maybe better on PC depending on how they port it, and what GC you're running it on. Voice acting is excellent and definitely up there with the best of the best (TLOU, HALO) The story itself is also pretty well put together, or at-least more interesting than most games. In terms of gameplay, its very very simple! the game is pretty linear with only few slightly open ended areas, and the combat is the same through-out, however with that said the combat IMO is very good, and requires a bit of thought, similar to dark souls. I cant express to you enough how amazing it is to traverse through through ROME and the first time you enter the colosseum, the detail is amazing!

My only major flaw really is just its length and your money's worth. Its a great game! but its only like 6 hours long maybe? and because its such a cinematic game, its not one that you'd want to replay immediately.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mesomorphin

@dakan45 said:

If they resold crysis 3 on next gen, they would make more money.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Sleeping Dogs just got announced recently it was coming to next gen, and thats older than Crysis 3.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'll probably end up getting it since I'm a sucker for anything Ancient Rome/Greece.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#37 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Improved graphics won't save this crap on PC.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside

@biggest_loser said:

Improved graphics won't save this crap on PC.

Did you play it on Xbone?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#39 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

I don't think I have ever cared less about a game. Seriously.

Is anyone actually hyped at all for it?

bluesunmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bluesunmerc
Member since 2014 • 281 Posts

@FelipeInside: Its not ground breaking but its not terrible. ITs fun to pick up and slaughter people with some pretty nice kills moves. Sure you have to press buttons but it didn't bother me any (not really sure why button pressing during kill moves bothers people some much any way.) If you have some money to spend on it I would. I have played it quite a bit and enjoyed every bit of it. The story is alright its not ground breaking but neither is call of duty stories and it still gets 9 out of 10.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I think I'd rather buy the Kim kardashian game, which I'd rather jump off a cliff before playing.

I doubt a single person will be buying this one.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside

@doozie78 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

I think I'd rather buy the Kim kardashian game, which I'd rather jump off a cliff before playing.

But have any of you both played this?

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xxninja666xx
Member since 2011 • 737 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@doozie78 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Wow, why are you so pumped up about defending this game?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FelipeInside

@xxninja666xx said:

@FelipeInside said:

@doozie78 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Wow, why are you so pumped up about defending this game?

I'm not. Why are people so pumped for bashing it without playing?

I will first wait for reviews and player feedback like I do with every other game.

People complain all the time here about console exclusives, yet when they come to PC they complain it's crap.

Same thing happened with Alan Wake, and then got very positive feedback from the PC community (I for one loved the game).

I'm not saying Ryse is a great game, I haven't played it, but people here are saying it's crap without having touched it.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45  Edited By toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

This is great news. I love Heavy Rain and I have been interested in this game, but never planned on buying an Xbox one. Funny howboth Dead Rising 3 on Ryse were xbox one exclusives at launch and now are coming to PC a year later. Those were the 2 games that might have made me buy an xbox one lol.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Once this game hits a nice sale I would be willing to give it a go.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KHAndAnime

@toddx77 said:

This is great news. I love Heavy Rain and I have been interested in this game, but never planned on buying an Xbox one. Funny howboth Dead Rising 3 on Ryse were xbox one exclusives at launch and now are coming to PC a year later. Those were the 2 games that might have made me buy an xbox one lol.

What does Heavy Rain have to do with anything? :P

And you would've really bought an Xbox One for a game that was obviously a timed exclusive (DR3) and a game that was obviously not going to be tremendously received (Ryse)?