This topic is locked from further discussion.

wurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 wurn
Member since 2004 • 2258 Posts
Hey there are two RPG's i am looking for that is coming

Silverfall and The Witcher. Anyoune know if they will be the same as Oblivion type of RPG or more like NWN2
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19567 Posts
I don't know about Silverfall, but The Witcher runs on the Aurora engine (used in NWN1+2), although I suspect that the gameplay will be more like Gothic than Oblivion.
wurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wurn
mmm, Gothic 3 is ok i guess, i just dont like how NWN2 uses the same type action fighting style as to what Might and Magic 5 uses. The 3rd person view.
I don't know about Silverfall, but The Witcher runs on the Aurora engine (used in NWN1+2), although I suspect that the gameplay will be more like Gothic than Oblivion.Planeforger
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
Combat in The Witcher is nothing like Neverwinter Nights. You switch between fighting styles and time blows to create combo's. The "spellcasting" will involve a lot of physics play as well, afaik.

The Witcher looks like it takes many elements from deep roleplaying games (such as consiquences for your actions, branching storyline based on ethical choices, a dynamic world, multiple sollutions to quests) and mixes it up with a rather nice looking hack n' slash combat.

Silverfall looks crap though, imo. They're not doing anything new. The most original thing about that game is nature versus technology, and that's hardly original. Anyone recall Final Fantasy?
wurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wurn
mmmm interesting
Combat in The Witcher is nothing like Neverwinter Nights. You switch between fighting styles and time blows to create combo's. The "spellcasting" will involve a lot of physics play as well, afaik.

The Witcher looks like it takes many elements from deep roleplaying games (such as consiquences for your actions, branching storyline based on ethical choices, a dynamic world, multiple sollutions to quests) and mixes it up with a rather nice looking hack n' slash combat.

Silverfall looks crap though, imo. They're not doing anything new. The most original thing about that game is nature versus technology, and that's hardly original. Anyone recall Final Fantasy?Lilac_Benjie
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
Keep in mind that these video's are rather old.

The Witcher: Combat
The Witcher: Tech
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Hellgate London ? Isn't it a RPG too ?

Zorgol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zorgol
Member since 2004 • 114 Posts
Jade Empire is coming to the PC soon, it seems to be a RPG along the lines of KotOR but in a Kung Fu setting. It seems nice, and i'll be picking it up.
MindlessTeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 MindlessTeef
Member since 2003 • 1392 Posts

Middag Werrie:)

The Witcher does look rather cool...

wurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wurn
Hey Eebie lyk na lekker speletjies. Witcher also gets my vote, but silverfall images looks nice

Middag Werrie:)

The Witcher does look rather cool...

MindlessTeef

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

Silverfall looks crap though, imo. They're not doing anything new. The most original thing about that game is nature versus technology, and that's hardly original. Anyone recall Final Fantasy?Lilac_Benjie
I played the demo for Silverfall, and it is pretty much just standard stuff. That's not to say it's bad, but it certainly is just your average hack and slash. I deffinetly wouldn't say it's crap, though. Just becuase it is not doing anything *new*, doesn't make it crap. The Witcher does look good too.
belboz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 belboz
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
Jade Empire is coming to the PC soon, it seems to be a RPG along the lines of KotOR but in a Kung Fu setting. It seems nice, and i'll be picking it up.Zorgol

Agree. And after reading the review here on GS, I am going to buy that one ASAP.
It has great story, great graphis, great soun and medicore combat (according to reviewer). For me story is more important than combat, so the choice is clear.
RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts
I played the Silverfall demo, and while the game looks nice and seems to have a few side quests, it feels like pretty much every hack'n'slash out there. The Witcher will be third person, but it does look good. Hopefully the gameplay will match the excellent graphics. An Oblivion style RPG that is coming out in the middle of this year (in Europe at least) is Two Worlds. Worth keeping an eye on that one. The other RPGs I'm looking forward to include Dragon Age and Elveon, although the latter is more of an action-style RPG.
ADG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 ADG_
Member since 2003 • 1654 Posts
Afterfall looks like it could be a good Fallout like game :) http://www.afterfall.pl