This topic is locked from further discussion.

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts

My router is a ****** of some sort. I'm not sure of the exact model, and I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but I got it for like $35 at Walmart mostly because I don't use wifi that much since my PC is plugged in with ethernet.

Anyway, I recently got a Chromecast and after setting it up I noticed that it just won't connect with any of my devices. Chromecast itself stops saying it's connected and my iPhone won't find it. I also tried on my Nexus 7, but nothing. I browsed google for some solutions and it seemed that this is a fairly common issue. I just decided that Chromecast was a terrible product and moved on.

Last night, though, I wanted to connect my phone to my PS4, and despite the fact that my PS4 was connected to the internet, my phone wouldn't find it. I didn't try it on my tablet, but my concern now is that maybe my router just isn't good enough to handle this sort of thing. Thoughts?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

if it's gon N broadcasting tech it should work with any mobile device and any other product.

Try reseting your routher.