Rome Total War patch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts

I have version 1.0 of Rome total war.

Which patch is it that stops you playing previously saved games?

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
1.2 or 1.3, cant really remember
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dbowman
bump
DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
All of them do. I suggest to just upgrade to the latest (1.5) since its they all fix a ton of bugs.
hellinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 hellinas
Member since 2003 • 539 Posts

I have version 1.0 of Rome total war.

Which patch is it that stops you playing previously saved games?

dbowman

Download 1.5 it doesnt stop you from loading saves...you will need the 1,3 also...

http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm

Hellinas
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dbowman

umm.....all those answers contradict each other :!:

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BounceDK
Actually I just installed it yesterday - 1.1 works fine, 1.2 works fine, 1.3 and above will make your savegame useless.
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dbowman

Actually I just installed it yesterday - 1.1 works fine, 1.2 works fine, 1.3 and above will make your savegame useless.BounceDK

kk....thanks

dongan187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dongan187
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I have Rome:Total War Gold Edition. One disc and both original RTW and Barbarian Invasion on it.  I downloaded the 6.2 patch and nothing seems to have changed.  Also Gold Edition already seems to be patched in some way coz there are minor differerences from when I played it first in internet cafes.  Does anyone know what mods and if mods can work and why they are not working for me. Do I have to finish one of the three Rome campaigns first before changes take effect?
Spindry69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spindry69
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
If you'd like more historical realism in the game check out Rome Total Realism.
BlueSaberWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BlueSaberWolf
Member since 2006 • 581 Posts
I know this is old, but I just want to make it clear.  I read that v1.5 is the latest release of patch that has fixed all of the bugs.  My question is do I need v1.3 even if I am not going to mod the game?
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BounceDK
I know this is old, but I just want to make it clear. I read that v1.5 is the latest release of patch that has fixed all of the bugs. My question is do I need v1.3 even if I am not going to mod the game?BlueSaberWolf
Well all the bug fixes from 1.3 is is also in 1.5 - So just install the latest patch and you'll be fine.
BlueSaberWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlueSaberWolf
[QUOTE="BlueSaberWolf"]I know this is old, but I just want to make it clear. I read that v1.5 is the latest release of patch that has fixed all of the bugs. My question is do I need v1.3 even if I am not going to mod the game?BounceDK
Well all the bug fixes from 1.3 is is also in 1.5 - So just install the latest patch and you'll be fine.

I am not quite sure about that.  Just yesterday, I battle Galic army using an infantry unity, namely, Naked Fanatic. If I am not mistaken, the patches should have remove that unit already plus it seems that my game is not compatible playing multiplayer with BI.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BounceDK
[QUOTE="BounceDK"][QUOTE="BlueSaberWolf"]I know this is old, but I just want to make it clear. I read that v1.5 is the latest release of patch that has fixed all of the bugs. My question is do I need v1.3 even if I am not going to mod the game?BlueSaberWolf

I am not quite sure about that. Just yesterday, I battle Galic army using an infantry unity, namely, Naked Fanatic. If I am not mistaken, the patches should have remove that unit already plus it seems that my game is not compatible playing multiplayer with BI.

Why would a patch remove a unit? Anyway, it's been there in all patches.
BlueSaberWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlueSaberWolf
[QUOTE="BlueSaberWolf"][QUOTE="BounceDK"][QUOTE="BlueSaberWolf"]I know this is old, but I just want to make it clear. I read that v1.5 is the latest release of patch that has fixed all of the bugs. My question is do I need v1.3 even if I am not going to mod the game?BounceDK

I am not quite sure about that. Just yesterday, I battle Galic army using an infantry unity, namely, Naked Fanatic. If I am not mistaken, the patches should have remove that unit already plus it seems that my game is not compatible playing multiplayer with BI.

Why would a patch remove a unit? Anyway, it's been there in all patches.

Makes sense to me.  What about the compatibility with the Barbarian Invasion? I read if I have the latest patch I should be able to join games who uses Barbarian Invasion.  I am trying to find out whether the patch I downloaded did fix all of the bugs that supposedly been fixed by the previous patch. If not, I better uninstall it and reinstall the game then patch it to v1.3 then v1.5.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BounceDK
Do you have BI installed? If not, you won' be able to play online...