Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Vista Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

italialuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 italialuigi
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I installed the game just fine, but when I try to play it I get this error message. Are there any patches that I can install or anything else to fix the problem? "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\RCT3.exe abnormal program termination I've already tried changing the compatability to both XP & Win 98, but it still won't work. I was also unsuccessful when I ran it as the administrator. I tried doing both of them at the same time too :(
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
[QUOTE="italialuigi"]I installed the game just fine, but when I try to play it I get this error message. Are there any patches that I can install or anything else to fix the problem? "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\RCT3.exe abnormal program termination I've already tried changing the compatability to both XP & Win 98, but it still won't work. I was also unsuccessful when I ran it as the administrator. I tried doing both of them at the same time too :(

Hmm.. I ran RCT3 on Vista yesterday fine. Do you have 64 bit?
italialuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 italialuigi
[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="italialuigi"]I installed the game just fine, but when I try to play it I get this error message. Are there any patches that I can install or anything else to fix the problem? "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\RCT3.exe abnormal program termination I've already tried changing the compatability to both XP & Win 98, but it still won't work. I was also unsuccessful when I ran it as the administrator. I tried doing both of them at the same time too :(

No, I have 32-bit
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
[QUOTE="italialuigi"][QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="italialuigi"]I installed the game just fine, but when I try to play it I get this error message. Are there any patches that I can install or anything else to fix the problem? "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\RCT3.exe abnormal program termination I've already tried changing the compatability to both XP & Win 98, but it still won't work. I was also unsuccessful when I ran it as the administrator. I tried doing both of them at the same time too :(

No, I have 32-bit

I dont know then, try re-installing it.
italialuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 italialuigi
[QUOTE="italialuigi"][QUOTE="brandontwb"]Hmm.. I ran RCT3 on Vista yesterday fine. Do you have 64 bit?brandontwb
No, I have 32-bit

I dont know then, try re-installing it.

I tried re-installing it 2 times already :(
italialuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 italialuigi
Bump! :)
brade001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brade001
I installed RCT3 fine, and it all works but when i go on the actuall game, u know like career or sandbox mode, you can hardly see anything. u can see some rides and the main entrance but only as sillhouettes. I dont get it, everything works you just cant see what ur doing. i have windows vista home premium by the way.
brade001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 brade001
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM
shanedolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shanedolan
thats the same thing that happens with mine... everything works but when you go to the career mode and stuff i can see the trees and the outlines of some rides and the park entrance but the ground, rides and paths are all black
deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

Try updating miscrosoft visual c++ to the latest version. Make sure all your video and audio drivers are updated. And make sure windows is updated first.