Rgb won't light up on water aio (coolermaster m240l rgb)

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I'm scratching my head with my new parts since I have everything hooked up, but I can't figure out how to hook up the rgb lights for this. The cooler master rgb heads end in a weird 4 pin while I have an aorus x470 motherboard that has their own rgb headers which ends with a 3 pin or 5 pin. I hooked up some weird converter that came with the motherboard, but that didn't seem to work. I could always go old school and plugin the manual controller that came with the coolermaster aio, but I would need a molex converter since my psu don't have molex which I am fine with.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

You've got 6 sys fans and a CPU fan slots you can insert that CPU cooler, all of them are 4 pins.

From it's official site it says it has for the fans

Connector4-Pin (PWM)

And for the pump

Connector3-Pin

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/masterliquid-ml240l-rgb/

From Tom's Hardware review they mention this: "Cooler Master’s Master Liquid ML120L and ML240L both feature LED RGB 4-pin fans and pump display utilizing RBG integration with capable motherboards. Or you can control the color and display pattern manually via a "Molex" (4-pin ATA)-powered control module."

Here's a video guide on how to install it:

Loading Video...

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Thanks. I still can't figure how to get it into the motherboard for the time being with the rgb, and I've half given up at this point and bought myself a molex adapter instead which isn't ideal. Though at least it works. Also I'm thinking of replacing the fans with thermaltake rgb since they are 15 a pop at frys since the coolermaster ones are straight garbage and way too loud.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Bikouchu35: If you think about silence/performance with fans, you should think about Noctua or Corsair. While Noctua may not be as beautiful nore with RGB lighting as Corsair does with their premium fans they're excellent while keeping a moderate cost, Corsair magnetic RGB fans are top of the line if you want RGB and performance of Noctua but will cost twice as much as Noctua charge for their fans.