Resurrection of the Screenshots! What were you just playing? (56k begone!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by mitu123 (155201 posts) -

Got my new i5 3570k today and finally all my gaming woes are gone. No more slowdowns in any game, my system yesterday reached 27fps in a round of BF3 on the lowest settings, now today on the same map with the same amount of players it never went below 70. Should have switched ages ago. And now I can finally play AC III completely maxed out above 50 constant.Not even overclocked at all yet either,Feels good man. Now if only I could fix this sh!t internet, Wanted to try Planetside 2 now with a better CPU and it needs a 2.6 gig patch >.>

seanmcloughlin

I'm glad you got that new cpu and realize that the AMD cpu was holding you back. I remember when my AMD cpu held my gpus back and then upgraded to an Intel and my problems went away. I hope more people realize this.

#102 Posted by mitu123 (155201 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Got my new i5 3570k today and finally all my gaming woes are gone. No more slowdowns in any game, my system yesterday reached 27fps in a round of BF3 on the lowest settings, now today on the same map with the same amount of players it never went below 70. Should have switched ages ago. And now I can finally play AC III completely maxed out above 50 constant.Not even overclocked at all yet either,Feels good man. Now if only I could fix this sh!t internet, Wanted to try Planetside 2 now with a better CPU and it needs a 2.6 gig patch >.>

Ben-Buja

And yet you see people saying that older CPU's aren't bottlenecking you all the time in the hardware section.

I've seen a huge jump in many games when i upgraded from my Q9650 to this i7 3930k.

Lulz, they think it's fine for them, which maybe so, but it certainly isn't fine for everyone which they don't seem to realize, especially not me.

They never go by personal experience and only going by what suits them along with benchmarks and never see the whole picture like I do.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#103 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Ben-Buja

And yet you see people saying that older CPU's aren't bottlenecking you all the time in the hardware section.

I've seen a huge jump in many games when i upgraded from my Q9650 to this i7 3930k.

Yeah, that's what put me off upgrading. they were all like "nah it's not the CPU, especially if your GPU reaches 99% usage" what a load of crap. The performance boost is massive across all the games I've tried so far.It's levelled out my whole system now and it's all working really well together.

#104 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

mitu123

I'm glad you got that new cpu and realize that the AMD cpu was holding you back. I remember when my AMD cpu held my gpus back and then upgraded to an Intel and my problems went away. I hope more people realize this.

Yeah and in those threads they all told you that the switch wouldn't make a big difference for me. But you kept telling me it would, and you were bang on. Played a round of Caspian in BF3 earlier with 48 players and the game totally maxed except AA and I was playing well over 60 fps the whole round.

#105 Posted by mitu123 (155201 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Yeah and in those threads they all told you that the switch wouldn't make a big difference for me. But you kept telling me it would, and you were bang on. Played a round of Caspian in BF3 earlier with 48 players and the game totally maxed except AA and I was playing well over 60 fps the whole round.

Of course I would be right, I experienced both AMD and Intel cpus after all.:P

#106 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4996 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

What CPU did you have that caused a drop to 27FPS? Mine's never gone below 50...
#107 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

What CPU did you have that caused a drop to 27FPS? Mine's never gone below 50...Toxic-Seahorse

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition clocked at 3.6 GHz, don't know why it brought me down so much

#108 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

What CPU did you have that caused a drop to 27FPS? Mine's never gone below 50...seanmcloughlin

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition clocked at 3.6 GHz, don't know why it brought me down so much

starting to get me thinking if my 1100T is really letting me get the power I can achieve. I think it is, but...you never know

#109 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

What CPU did you have that caused a drop to 27FPS? Mine's never gone below 50...wis3boi

starting to get me thinking if my 1100T is really letting me get the power I can achieve. I think it is, but...you never know

Well I had been told countless times that the phenom wouldn't be bottlenecking my system and my problem was something else but my results don't lie. The new CPU seems to have completely opened up the GPU and allowed it to flex it's muscles a bit more. And games that relied on the CPU a bit more have been getting huge performance boosts aka BF3, ACIII and DayZ. Something like FC3 didn't really change as a) it's not evry well optimised and b) it seems to use more GPU

#110 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Well I had been told countless times that the phenom wouldn't be bottlenecking my system and my problem was something else but my results don't lie. The new CPU seems to have completely opened up the GPU and allowed it to flex it's muscles a bit more. And games that relied on the CPU a bit more have been getting huge performance boosts aka BF3, ACIII and DayZ. Something like FC3 didn't really change as a) it's not evry well optimised and b) it seems to use more GPU

BF3 can use upwards of 8-12 CPU cores, so I'm guessing that's why I blitz through BF3 :P

#111 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

BF3 can use upwards of 8-12 CPU cores, so I'm guessing that's why I blitz through BF3 :P

Possibly, also you said Planetside 2 and AC III run fine for you. Which are very CPU heavy it would seem

Avatar image for realguitarhero5
#112 Posted by realguitarhero5 (4164 posts) -

Saint's Row: The Third

9BC5377D994768D0432DB811FE1A8F72CD736956

F714F49370543E92B1E0AB60D142D772BCCABF7B

1D0FEF77D10F9418CF6F5157E63A2E751DB9BD3F

020E1A765F57D487432B2824C42D0447A620305A

62C2BC026791C9D315A0F5CB944C8463467657CE

B550BE7FBBEB2F7FBA362B4D9F72F0C02113DBC8

E4D106CA6F9A5D713E4212FF5F31A908FDDD2EAD

wut

7B03BB2E65B8E0752D7FE1145EEB8F249A81FEC7

F29ADDD85FA97435EC66C8BA84523DC327C4F848

I accidentally blew up Syn Tower instead of keeping it. Should I go back to an older save and right my wrong?

#113 Posted by metroidfood (11175 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

No game out there has a better open world than GTA IV imo, at least not a better city.

Sleeping Dogs is well made and the melee combat is pretty damn good, the game just doesn't have the lasting appeal of a GTA, but still worth getting.

wis3boi

Basically my feelings as well. Both are great games, but GTA nails the 'open world' stuff better. Sleeping dogs has way nicer melee combat and skill upgrades though. I'm liking SD's story better than GTA4's too

I didn't really like GTA IV's open world. Sure it was big, it just seemed empty since there really wasn't anything to do except drive around and shoot pedestrians. Car physics dampers the former and the latter is lousy since all you're really doing is picking fights with NPCs that can't fight back. Picking fights with the police always turn out to be camping in place until they wore you down.

I've seen that Sleeping Dogs had better melee combat, but is there any reason to use it outside of missions other than just going psycho on random civilians? I honestly enjoyed the hub worlds of Arkham City and Deus Ex more than GTA IV because there were actually puzzles to solve or thugs to fight while running from place to place.

#114 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4996 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

No game out there has a better open world than GTA IV imo, at least not a better city.

Sleeping Dogs is well made and the melee combat is pretty damn good, the game just doesn't have the lasting appeal of a GTA, but still worth getting.

metroidfood

Basically my feelings as well. Both are great games, but GTA nails the 'open world' stuff better. Sleeping dogs has way nicer melee combat and skill upgrades though. I'm liking SD's story better than GTA4's too

I didn't really like GTA IV's open world. Sure it was big, it just seemed empty since there really wasn't anything to do except drive around and shoot pedestrians. Car physics dampers the former and the latter is lousy since all you're really doing is picking fights with NPCs that can't fight back. Picking fights with the police always turn out to be camping in place until they wore you down.

I've seen that Sleeping Dogs had better melee combat, but is there any reason to use it outside of missions other than just going psycho on random civilians? I honestly enjoyed the hub worlds of Arkham City and Deus Ex more than GTA IV because there were actually puzzles to solve or thugs to fight while running from place to place.

In Sleeping Dogs there are groups of enemies that protect strongboxes with stuff in it. There are also the drug bust missions to do in every area. It gets redundant though. There is also the side activities like the fight clubs and races. I thought the game was great though.

#115 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

metroidfood

well at least in GTA I can get an SUV full of gang members and go shoot up a bank and escape the cops and do silly things, in sleeping dogs I can...well...go punch people and die from the cops in 10sec :P But at least GTA V looks to be fixing the lack of things to do

#116 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

New build of Sins of a Galactic Empire

3DE92C1B6E37D7A10E767EF4F0A6F6D55F928FA9

#117 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

metroidfood

Sleeping Dogs is a great game that gets old very very quickly. The world is so incredibly dull it's not even funny. GTA worlds feel alive and breathing but SD has a very cold sterile world where the civilians just look dumb. At one point I passed a couple of women in it and up further were the same couple of girls 3 times all behind each other. And they always feel like they're never doing anything until you show up. In GTA it feels like the world goes on without you. Sleeping Dogs world is very flat too with no real freedom to do anything, there is no verticality to it. It's a fun game but nowhere enar the leage of something like GTA IVs world, the story in GTA IV isn't my favourite and I never connected with niko, he bored me. But the world and the engine is a thing of beauty that can't be denied. I think it all has to do with the physics

#118 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

New build of Sins of a Galactic Empire

3DE92C1B6E37D7A10E767EF4F0A6F6D55F928FA9

wis3boi

Nice lol

#119 Posted by kozzy1234 (35966 posts) -

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

seanmcloughlin

Sleeping Dogs is a great game that gets old very very quickly. The world is so incredibly dull it's not even funny.

That was not my experience with Sleeping Dogs at all man, beat the game twice was not bored at all. Where as GTA IV I had to force myself to get to the end with all thsoe stupid "date" things with girls and your cousin. They annoyed the hell out of me. Where as with SD I played 35 hours my first tim etakign my time and was not bored once just having alot of fun. Where as GTA IV I realize its a well made game but I jsut did not have alot of fun in tha tgame at all.. Everyone is different though, but for me GTA IV was just not a super fun open world game at all (well made yes, nice graphics, good voice work, nice gameworld), where as SD, Red Dead Redemption, SR3, Batman:AC and FC3 are all fun as hell for me to play and never got boring through there campaigns. :P

#120 Posted by mitu123 (155201 posts) -

More Firefall beta, man this game is addictive!

11he83q.png

4l296w.png

14jc1s4.png

2q245z7.png

281sar5.png

2m29g1j.png

r2965k.png

suzxxw.png

#121 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

Counter Strike Through the Ages!!

CS 1.6

cs1kz.jpg

cs2e.jpg

CS Source

cssource1.jpg

cssource2.jpg

cssource3.jpg

CS Global Offensive

csgo1.jpg

csgo2.jpg

And finally,

CSPromod BETA 1.09

cspromod1.jpg

cspromod2.jpg

cspromod3.jpg

Funny side note: Promod runs 30-40 fps faster on my laptop than any of the others, including 1.6.

Source and 1.6 both run a perfectly steady 72 fps (which, for 1.6, really surprises me, and makes me wonder if it has some other kind of fps cap, as I don't have v-sync on, and if I did, it'd just drop to 60). GO runs 60-70 mostly, with lows no lower than 55, but also seems to be capped at 72 for some reason. Promod never drops under 100. Gets over 120 sometimes. I would use v-sync, but it seems to introduce an absolutely game-breaking input delay. It's alright though, because there's not actually any seriously noticeable tearing.

#122 Posted by Ben-Buja (2809 posts) -

More Hitman Absolution

hma2012-12-1105-09-59yqu1d.png

hma2012-12-1117-46-54gounr.png

hma2012-12-1117-51-07mtux8.png

hma2012-12-1216-04-19sjugn.png

hma2012-12-1216-07-229duch.png

hma2012-12-1217-04-151wuq2.png

hma2012-12-1300-20-25tsu84.png

hma2012-12-1313-20-39ypumb.png

#123 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Some Hawken, haven't got into a match yet cos the matchmaking takes forever. So pics of the tutorial will have to do

hawkengamewin32shipping.jpghawkengamewin32shipping.jpghawkengamewin32shipping.jpghawkengamewin32shipping.jpg

#124 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

Was playing HoTS beta recently. Gotta admit some new changes seem great like the Dark Shrine cost has been lowered. Now it is more easy to defeat a Terran as a Toss. :D

terran

zvp

zvp

tvp

zvp

pvt

tvp

tvp

#125 Posted by Ben-Buja (2809 posts) -

Uploaded a silent assassin run of the penthouse level in Hitman Absolution on purist difficulty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emDVGrEobCI&lc=_1TuLOmZi3klCI1OKd4Tz8AMUP-09FS764b2yX_e2nI

#126 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

Uploaded a silent assassin run of the penthouse level in Hitman Absolution on purist difficulty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emDVGrEobCI&lc=_1TuLOmZi3klCI1OKd4Tz8AMUP-09FS764b2yX_e2nI

Ben-Buja
That was impressive. How many run throughs did it take before you were able to perfect it like that?
#127 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2851 posts) -

Far Cry 3. I'm loving this game, and now that I've pursued all the upgraded equipment I'm going to need for a while on my last hunting trip, I'm starting to get some more action. Vaas is an extremely likeable bad guy.

jox61tKhE164o.jpg

Watching this tiger kill the tapir and then setting his eyes on me was a frightening moment.

jTqt1SHAAVhJ.jpg

Taking the time and executing some take downs. Can't wait to learn the more advanced ones.

jbtdVIn90lqClo.jpgjbgaXgmkxkRKGy.jpgjbnTbKZTvLIfjM.jpgjOt4pb8WmE4ZE.jpgjbuVhntLhBvQMx.jpgjXYIZO4Ju6jK5.jpgjcjrSwbdJ4SRR.jpgjbcq2wexstihi.jpgjqaRjC3CGzyFw.jpgjvU9aRoVRrguq.jpgjbbobdMHlW7I7x.jpgjb0fB7diCNkX7A.jpgj7QTR4eCAx9C5.jpgjbqWCopE0h82gG.jpgjEy14tVLnSgoj.jpgjA0yYT9YuD0Ls.jpgjbxZgwP29368mN.jpg

#128 Posted by mhofever (3960 posts) -

Hitman Absolution. Playing through BenBuja's and Kozzy's contracts :D. Did terrible in both though.

Still figuring out on a contract I'm creating. Not so easy with the chipmunk suit.

#129 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

CDBE90DF84E929A80371C20FD6E0646B503A1A69.

#130 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

CDBE90DF84E929A80371C20FD6E0646B503A1A69.

wis3boi
"server got kicked from the server. reason: foul language"
#131 Posted by Ben-Buja (2809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

chrisrooR

That was impressive. How many run throughs did it take before you were able to perfect it like that?

Thanks! :D It only took a couple of runs on purist to get this. Doing all the challenges on normal first helped a lot.

Btw. Here's another video. Blackwater Park on purist, perfect run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKQkMTKXQlc

Hitman Absolution. Playing through BenBuja's and Kozzy's contracts :D. Did terrible in both though.

mhofever

Woohoo someone finally played my contract :D

#132 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -
*snip* mhofever
you should really resize your images to 800 wide and let it scale the height for you....
#133 Posted by mr_chalupa (176 posts) -
well i dunno about the game but the sig owns
#134 Posted by mr_chalupa (176 posts) -

well i dunno about the game but the sig owns

[QUOTE="darksusperia"]^any good?mitu123

I'm early into the game but so far so good, there's quite a lot to do as well, performance is good unless you're in crowded areas.

sry for double post

#135 Posted by gamercoolman (25 posts) -
Cool Screens :)
#136 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

I hate to be the guy who rapes everyones bandwidth, but Hawken 3K shots. :P Also I love the time gap between the last person who posted screens and my post.

imkppresDgWzG.png

i3Szsgw71iOWa.png

ib2GrMsZizCVBw.png

irrJQKfOaB4vW.png

iiG4AuawhrwJO.png

iZIukg0AJMgFG.png

ibcPmHaJbvKZp4.png

ivZF2g5jSmsxo.png

iQqzLejBKgsq7.png

iUglGRNfJfBCj.png

ioqBcXil1h1cx.png

#137 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2851 posts) -

These are some fine graphics. Can the film-grain effect be turned off?

#138 Posted by mhofever (3960 posts) -

[QUOTE="mhofever"] *snip* darksusperia
you should really resize your images to 800 wide and let it scale the height for you....

My screens are usually resized when I upload them to photobucket. I think it was because I was using Steam's Big Picture screen snapshot instead of the default one.

#139 Posted by Ben-Buja (2809 posts) -

Some Project CARS build 370

pcars2012-12-1414-54-wcu0d.png

pcars2012-12-1414-56-ypuko.png

pcars2012-12-1415-14-6yu8s.png

pcars2012-12-1415-16-q9u9l.png

pcars2012-12-1415-00-nrumm.png

pcars2012-12-1415-00-cuuf1.png

pcars2012-12-1415-01-0buzq.png

pcars2012-12-1415-01-vuucb.png

pcars2012-12-1415-04-diu4j.png

pcars2012-12-1415-10-c3uwv.png

pcars2012-12-1415-11-teu05.png

pcars2012-12-1415-13-1uu03.png

#140 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

Ben-Buja

:o

#141 Posted by G-Lord (2141 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

the_bi99man

:o

Lovely screens as always Ben. I guess it's time to load the newest build.

#142 Posted by Ben-Buja (2809 posts) -

Been playing a lot of Hitman Absolution lately. :D

A new patch just went up too:

- Added option to lower or disable Bloom effect
- 'Change Cover' action can now be mapped on a separate key.
- Country leaderboards are now in the correct language
- Weapon selector doesn't appear when point shooting anymore
- Pausing game doesn't skip cutscenes anymore
- Slightly improved general performance
- Performance improvements for MSAA and HBAO
- Fixed King of Chinatown behavior
- Disabled use of all DirectInput devices (as they are unsupported)
- The disguise parameters on Professional difficulties have been tweaked.
- Difficulty adjustments
- Displayed high scores are now selected from all difficulty levels.
- Fix for negative scores
- Fixed disappearing user interface on AMD HD 3650

Bloom High:

hma2012-12-1417-12-41j3uvg.png

Low:

hma2012-12-1417-12-572cudp.png

Off:

hma2012-12-1417-13-05mau8y.png

High:

hma2012-12-1417-15-452cuxl.png

Low:

hma2012-12-1417-15-36z5u6r.png

Off:

hma2012-12-1417-15-26nzubd.png

#143 Posted by RyviusARC (5657 posts) -

Started up Vindictus again.

#144 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27123 posts) -

Been playing a lot of Hitman Absolution lately. :D

A new patch just went up too:

- Added option to lower or disable Bloom effect
- 'Change Cover' action can now be mapped on a separate key.
- Country leaderboards are now in the correct language
- Weapon selector doesn't appear when point shooting anymore
- Pausing game doesn't skip cutscenes anymore
- Slightly improved general performance
- Performance improvements for MSAA and HBAO
- Fixed King of Chinatown behavior
- Disabled use of all DirectInput devices (as they are unsupported)
- The disguise parameters on Professional difficulties have been tweaked.
- Difficulty adjustments
- Displayed high scores are now selected from all difficulty levels.
- Fix for negative scores
- Fixed disappearing user interface on AMD HD 3650

Low:

hma2012-12-1417-12-572cudp.png

Ben-Buja

Great news. Now I can go back to playing the game without Agent 47s bald head or cellphone almost blinding me:D

#145 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -
Have they tweaked the disguise system yet?
#146 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="darksusperia"][QUOTE="mhofever"] *snip* mhofever

My screens are usually resized when I upload them to photobucket. I think it was because I was using Steam's Big Picture screen snapshot instead of the default one.

use this when you post

MJhUe.jpg

Avatar image for Kottonmouth_King
#147 Posted by Kottonmouth_King (989 posts) -

Yay finally figured out how to do screenshots lol

36FC3E61D24A09F44CE8907F14078366673F0A54

#148 Posted by Ben-Buja (2809 posts) -

Have they tweaked the disguise system yet?chrisrooR

Yes, it works better now. I was able to do the orphanage and hope fair on expert with 1 try, you can finally walk around a bit in disguise...

#149 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Some TW2 cos why the hell not. That and I was egtting a video together so decided to take some screenies :D

witcher2201212142054499.pngwitcher2201212142102317.pngwitcher2201212142056003.pngwitcher2201212142056093.pngwitcher2201212142106598.png

#150 Posted by kozzy1234 (35966 posts) -

Have they tweaked the disguise system yet?chrisrooR

Look at the patch notes he posted... says they have done some work to the discuie system on harder difficulty.