Ressurected MORROWIND or Oblivion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadyJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadyJade
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts
Morrowind from my pov is clearly more good than Oblivion.I finished em both and i want ur opinions 2!
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
I like both of them but I definately liked Morrowind the better of the two. I loved the graphics in Oblivion and the voice acting but other than that it just wasn't as good as Morrowind.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
Morrowind is superior in the gameplay dept to Oblivion.
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

There were a few things I thought Oblivion did better than Morrowind:

1. Graphics - obviously

2. In depth stories - The fact that we now have all voice acting, and most of the story lines get you enthralled. Also, to a degree, I enjoyed the fact that Guild's now had their own "story" instead of a bunch of random missions - however, I enjoyed the random missions too.

3. Stealth and Fighting - The stealth and combat aspects of the game were improved tremendously, and work far better than Morrowind.

Apart from these things, I think Morrowind offers a far more immersive world than Oblivion.

Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts

There were a few things I thought Oblivion did better than Morrowind:

1. Graphics - obviously

2. In depth stories - The fact that we now have all voice acting, and most of the story lines get you enthralled. Also, to a degree, I enjoyed the fact that Guild's now had their own "story" instead of a bunch of random missions - however, I enjoyed the random missions too.

3. Stealth and Fighting - The stealth and combat aspects of the game were improved tremendously, and work far better than Morrowind.

Apart from these things, I think Morrowind offers a far more immersive world than Oblivion.

1carus

Couldn't agree more. Morrowind was superior, but Oblivion had these redeeming qualities. 

drazhar2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 drazhar2000
Member since 2005 • 199 Posts

yes and no, morrowinds game play is kinda ...old?  i think thats the word.

for example.  if you play as a theaf jack up your stealth to max, when you are in stealth mode no body can see you, even if your right infront of them.  but in oblivion you will still have to sneak around in some way, because its more realistic.  plus the quests in morrowind were ruff, no control.  But in oblivion you have quests that make sence!  but both games changed the way we look at RPGs and there both great!

but for me, oblivion is tops!

ShadyJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShadyJade

Morrowind is one of the best games ever made.The storyline of the game is worthy of an oscar and i bet if anyone would wanna make a movie after this game it would rock the world.It's totally insane ...It's got alot of ingame liberty cause u can do whatever u want and has a feeling which Oblivion has not!!I don't know but i think all who playied Morrowind and than Oblivion have the impresion that it's not the same feeling even if they are both from TES series.The sound, well Morrowind is superior to Oblivion when it comes to sound it has an oriental-medieval feeling to it like i never seen.It's got alot of bugs which drop it's grade and the graphics are old now.Oblivion sucks bigtime cause of the fact that all enemies level up as u do.See u'll never be able to wear glass armor enchanted with diferent spels and noone standind in ur side like in Morrowind when ur at level 40 or 30 u-ll get the same resistance from a bandit even then.So what am i supose to understand that bandits are as tough as my character who's been through alot of sh*t?nope!Bad spot!!MOst gamers hate it i can tell u that.Takes away some of the rpg's pleasures if u would ask me.Oblivion has magnificent graphics i love em but still the ruins throuwn around the forests and so few cities?C'mon now Morrowind had alot of cities, alot of quests actualy it had it all.If they where to remake a Morrowind game with the graphics of oblivion and fighting system Morrowind would be the best game in the world.Oblivion clearly surclases Morrowind in the fighting system but that's pretty much that.Oblivion believe it or not can be finished by a skiled player in 7 hours.Main storyline lasts 7 hours?How weak can this get?I remeber and i'm not sayin' shi* that i used to play Morrowind 16 hours per day and when i went to sleepit off i was thinkin of what i was gonna do tomorrow when i play Morrowind again.I played alot of games but none like Morrowind.It's story and feeling is uncomparable to any rpg.Oblivion is bigger than Morrowind when it comes to the map size but when u play Morrowind it seems gigantic compared to oblivion.Don't know why but it's got much more heart put into it .....I can keep talkin about these games for weeks but trully MORROWIND>>Oblivion:idea:

Avatar image for evil_dutchman90
evil_dutchman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 evil_dutchman90
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts

Morrowind is one of the best games ever made.The storyline of the game is worthy of an oscar and i bet if anyone would wanna make a movie after this game it would rock the world.It's totally insane ...It's got alot of ingame liberty cause u can do whatever u want and has a feeling which Oblivion has not!!I don't know but i think all who playied Morrowind and than Oblivion have the impresion that it's not the same feeling even if they are both from TES series.The sound, well Morrowind is superior to Oblivion when it comes to sound it has an oriental-medieval feeling to it like i never seen.It's got alot of bugs which drop it's grade and the graphics are old now.Oblivion sucks bigtime cause of the fact that all enemies level up as u do.See u'll never be able to wear glass armor enchanted with diferent spels and noone standind in ur side like in Morrowind when ur at level 40 or 30 u-ll get the same resistance from a bandit even then.So what am i supose to understand that bandits are as tough as my character who's been through alot of sh*t?nope!Bad spot!!MOst gamers hate it i can tell u that.Takes away some of the rpg's pleasures if u would ask me.Oblivion has magnificent graphics i love em but still the ruins throuwn around the forests and so few cities?C'mon now Morrowind had alot of cities, alot of quests actualy it had it all.If they where to remake a Morrowind game with the graphics of oblivion and fighting system Morrowind would be the best game in the world.Oblivion clearly surclases Morrowind in the fighting system but that's pretty much that.Oblivion believe it or not can be finished by a skiled player in 7 hours.Main storyline lasts 7 hours?How weak can this get?I remeber and i'm not sayin' shi* that i used to play Morrowind 16 hours per day and when i went to sleepit off i was thinkin of what i was gonna do tomorrow when i play Morrowind again.I played alot of games but none like Morrowind.It's story and feeling is uncomparable to any rpg.Oblivion is bigger than Morrowind when it comes to the map size but when u play Morrowind it seems gigantic compared to oblivion.Don't know why but it's got much more heart put into it .....I can keep talkin about these games for weeks but trully MORROWIND>>Oblivion:idea:

ShadyJade

Dude, format your replies better. I didnt even bother reading this.

Paragraphing anyone?

Spindry69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spindry69
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
Morrowind had a fascinating world that felt alien. With no fast travel, less view distance and lots of cookie cutter NPC's and buildings it also felt huge. Oblivion although technicaly superior, felt too familiar and thus.. a little boring. Also it's speech although welcome felt cheesy and at times a little gay Just compare it to Gothic 3 and I think you will know what I mean.
emmm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 emmm78
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts

Also it's speech although welcome felt cheesy and at times a little gay Just compare it to Gothic 3 and I think you will know what I mean.Spindry69

Ur absolutely right on that. I noticed everybody praising speech in Oblivion, but outside the fact that they only casted 2 or 3 actors to handle dunno like a hundred characters, it totally lacked personality IMO. Oh yeah and it`s gay quote: "Take the Amulet of Kings..." dull serene voice with assassins spawning around.

On topic: it`s a close one for me: both had their moments, still if you magically import Oblivion engine on Morrowind, then definitely the latter is the winner.

PLZKLLME0080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 PLZKLLME0080
Member since 2006 • 684 Posts
I liked Oblivion better. the battle system in Morrowind got really old, really fast.
Alkpaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#12 Alkpaz
Member since 2005 • 2073 Posts
Morrowind without a doubt
ShadyJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShadyJade

Try 2 concentrate and use the force amigo u might read it and find it interesting!!

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

I liked Oblivion better. the battle system in Morrowind got really old, really fast.PLZKLLME0080

the fact that in morrowind most quests weren't about killing stuff, you could overlook that simple fact. But if Oblivion had the same battle system as morrowind it would've been lower than dirt.

JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts
Morrowind is the better RPG, without question. The amount of information you can gather about the people and the world around you (should you so choose) is absolutely mind-boggling. Truly, the more you seek, the more you will know. The game did a fantastic job at really making you figure out what your skills were and where you fit into the world -- a true RPG, beyond the limited and often one-dimensional possibilities offered in Oblivion. However, Oblivion had far superior gameplay to Morrowind. Whether it was melee or ranged combat, casting a spell, creating a potion, enchanting an item, or repairing your gear, Oblivion simply did it better. As much as I loved Morrowind, I thought the gameplay was horrendously clunky and loaded with frustrating limitations that, for me, got in the way of completing the game. Oblivion was a lot more "fun" to play, even though the story and the world weren't nearly as tremendous. I love a good RPG, but if the combat and getting around in the world sucks, it ruins the whole experience for me. That's why I love The Elder Scrolls games so much in the first place.