Resident Evil 6 FXAAHQ/FXAA3 not working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RyviusARC (5634 posts) -

I noticed when changing the settings that when I switch from FXAA to FXAAHQ ir FXAA3 the AA is disabled.

I know this because of when switching to either the jagged edges (aliasing) is more present.

Also when switching the GPU usage goes down.

Anyone else have this issue?

#2 Posted by Travis_Odell (1772 posts) -

Not worry about all the fancy **** and just play the game.Fxaa and fxaahq could give two ****s about how you feel about the game.

#3 Posted by Travis_Odell (1772 posts) -
Resident evil 6 is straight up trash btw no two ways about it.
#4 Posted by RyviusARC (5634 posts) -

So no one else has this problem?

#5 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

RyviusARC
I tried it out and it seemed to be working alright for me. It was a quick look-see, I'll thoroughly check it out tonight and let you know. In the meantime, did you by chance force something through NVCP or CCC?
#6 Posted by RyviusARC (5634 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyviusARC"]

trastamad03

I tried it out and it seemed to be working alright for me. It was a quick look-see, I'll thoroughly check it out tonight and let you know. In the meantime, did you by chance force something through NVCP or CCC?

Nope I forced nothing in this game through Nvidia Inspector or the regular Nvidia control panel.

It might be hard to notice first but when I switched from FXAA to FXAAHQ the aliasing became much more apprant.

It would probably be best to take screenshots and switch back and forth between them to see the difference.

Easiest places to see differences is near a place where there is a light source cast over an object.

#7 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
It's somewhat weird... Even with it off, i barely see any jaggies... then again, i'm on 2560x1440...
#8 Posted by RyviusARC (5634 posts) -

It's somewhat weird... Even with it off, i barely see any jaggies... then again, i'm on 2560x1440... trastamad03

Try posting screenshots of FXAA vs FXAAHQ especially an area that casts a light source on an object.

#9 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

Here you go... You're right. NoFXAA - FXAA3 and FXAA3HQ are the same... Only FXAA works.

http://imgur.com/a/FGgkv#0

Click on the cog on the top right of the image to see full resolution version.

#10 Posted by RyviusARC (5634 posts) -

Here you go... You're right. NoFXAA - FXAA3 and FXAA3HQ are the same... Only FXAA works.

trastamad03

Thanks.

Now I know it's not just me with the issue.

Hopefully they fix that.....

#11 Posted by mikeollie (25 posts) -

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]

RyviusARC

Thanks.

Now I know it's not just me with the issue.

Hopefully they fix that.....

Hii. I have tis issue too. I change between fxaa3hq and no antialing and i'm not seeing differences, i see jaggies anywhere. You told they fixed that, how?? i have the 1.3 versión and the problema has not been solved. Greetings partners.
#12 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Yeah.. it's really hard to tell with it on or off. Without AA, i barely see jaggies. It's probably just poorly implemented AA.