Resident evil 5 for 10 bucks, worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

On Impulse, it's running 10 instead of 30 (usd). how is this game? is it much worse than 4?

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well: Story wise its more of an excuse to shoot zombies. The "horror" element is thrown out of the window and the "survival" element is reduced greatly as the number of zombies you face in comparison with re4. So its more of an action game and much easier than re4 without traps lying around everywhere. It worths 10 bucks but its not really a memorable RE game.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Well: Story wise its more of an excuse to shoot zombies. The "horror" element is thrown out of the window and the "survival" element is reduced greatly as the number of zombies you face in comparison with re4. So its more of an action game and much easier than re4 without traps lying around everywhere. It worths 10 bucks but its not really a memorable RE game.dakan45

Agreed, except that they're not really "zombies."

It's like the difference between "The Walking Dead" zombies to "The Crazies" infected.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KGB32
I see, it's a shame on how the RE series has become what it is now. Still have the remake of the first on GC so I'm not so sad. I'll debate on it some more.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
It's pretty good in coop, and that's coming from a guy who doesn't play much online. The SP is ok, but the AI gets annoying. I can't say if it's better than 4 since I hated 4 on PC. It's fun for a short period but it didn't really do anything amazing and there isn't much re-play value. There are some additional game modes after you play through the game, but those aren't that interesting imo. I think $10 is a good price for it though.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Visually on the PC it is probably worth $10 alone, gameplay isn't much imo with so many movement restrictions but you could do much worse.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dakan45
Yeah what happen to the old RE game and the zombies and "Lickers" i believe they were called.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Elann2008
Visually on the PC it is probably worth $10 alone, gameplay isn't much imo with so many movement restrictions but you could do much worse.nutcrackr
Agreed. One of the main (yet superficial) reasons I purchased RE5. I love the RE series, and RE5 does not disappoint in the visual/graphics department. If only the controls were more like Dead Space, which kept that claustrophobic tension... this game would have been golden. It's a solid game, but I still stand by what I've said in the past that RE5 is an abomination compared to the older RE titles, and even the more recent RE4. RE5 by itself, and as a co-op game is pretty solid.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Hmm, I don't think I'll pick this one up. Doesn't feel like what Resident Evil should really be like the good old ones. I really enjoyed them especially when there was some suspension to it, like you don't know what lies in the other room.

Roris0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Roris0A
Member since 2007 • 627 Posts

It's worth it if you're just expecting a simple action shooter. It's completely different from every Resident evil like Dakan said, as there's no scares or survival horror gameplay at all.

Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts
Yeah what happen to the old RE game and the zombies and "Lickers" i believe they were called.dakan45
The million dollar question. Such a shame what happed to such a promising franchise. I mean zombie fever has hit harder than ever in the last few years and RE is nowhere to be found capitalizing on the recent craze. RE could very well be responsible for much of the love zombies have been experiencing in recent years only to spiral away and abandon zombies.
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

The 15 year old gameplay is annoying (can't move while shooting, fabulous) and the inventory system is annoying, other than that it's a decent game. Honestly though i'd save your $10 to see what Steam does sales wise after Thanksgiving.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Yeah what happen to the old RE game and the zombies and "Lickers" i believe they were called.tequilasunriser
The million dollar question. Such a shame what happed to such a promising franchise. I mean zombie fever has hit harder than ever in the last few years and RE is nowhere to be found capitalizing on the recent craze. RE could very well be responsible for much of the love zombies have been experiencing in recent years only to spiral away and abandon zombies.

Well the new res will be by new developers and by now i have ended up to have higher hopes for good sequels by new devs than the originals.
Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

Yeah what happen to the old RE game and the zombies and "Lickers" i believe they were called.dakan45

Lickers are in RE5.

I actually enjoyed RE5 in co-op mode that is. Impressive gfx, thrills, some neat bosses, and hilarious dialogue.

The worst parts are that it's not scary, the inventory system is gawful, and why do the zombies sprint to you then abruptly slow down as they near you?

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

I stopped playing RE5 since it made me want to vomit:( IDK if its the FOV.. it made me very queasy

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Yeah what happen to the old RE game and the zombies and "Lickers" i believe they were called.Jackboot343

Lickers are in RE5.

I actually enjoyed RE5 in co-op mode that is. Impressive gfx, thrills, some neat bosses, and hilarious dialogue.

The worst parts are that it's not scary, the inventory system is gawful, and why do the zombies sprint to you then abruptly slow down as they near you?

and thats why i did not recall them. Because there were a bunch of them in a corridor in lab like a horde. It did not capture the element of the old games in which they jumped in the room from a window. So scary!!!

I stopped playing RE5 since it made me want to vomit:( IDK if its the FOV.. it made me very queasy

devious742

Yeah especially in the ruins. I swear the god i could not see what was all around me. I just stopped every know and then and move the mouse around in order to get a better idea of what the level really looks like.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

RE 5 is a very good game, as usual haters gonna hate because its not the same RE 1,2 3, and though i like them more this is also a great game, very good specially if you play it in co op, the camera is akward and annoying but after the first half hour or so you become used to it, you should buy it if you can

GuitarPAaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 GuitarPAaron
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts

any idea how long its on sale? I may wait until after steam's sale to get it. See if itll be cheaper still

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Elann2008

any idea how long its on sale? I may wait until after steam's sale to get it. See if itll be cheaper still

GuitarPAaron
This is just a hunch but $10 is about the lowest it's going to get. I haven't seen it lower than 10, but it could happen I guess. I bought mine for $15 for the PC.. but I played it a while back on the 360.
GuitarPAaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 GuitarPAaron
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts

[QUOTE="GuitarPAaron"]

Elann2008

This is just a hunch but $10 is about the lowest it's going to get. I haven't seen it lower than 10, but it could happen I guess. I bought mine for $15 for the PC.. but I played it a while back on the 360.

Yeah ill have to see i guess. I was just planning on doing most of my purchasing during the steam sale. I'm excited lol. But idk if the stalker combo will get any cheaper.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

Resident Evil 5 is great.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19584 Posts

I played through the game in co-op and enjoyed it quite a bit.

It's a pretty solid shooter with a lot of really stupid moments, but if you liked the cheesey B-grade action movie that was Resident Evil 1, you might like this one too.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
No I hate that game.
face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts
10 bucks is a good price, worth getting.
final_kaoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 final_kaoss
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts

Wait until black friday, it'll be even cheaper at that point.

On Impulse, it's running 10 instead of 30 (usd). how is this game? is it much worse than 4?

KGB32

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KGB32

Wait until black friday, it'll be even cheaper at that point.

[QUOTE="KGB32"]

final_kaoss

yea I think I'll just wait until Steam sales occur, Since RE5 is sold via Steam as well. It's one of those situations where if I get it now and there's a cheaper price later I'll be upset, but if I miss the opportunity I won't get that upset since I don't really like where the series is going. Thanks for the insight everyone.
england2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 england2010
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts

don't play it even if its free