Resident evil 4 Save Game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hitmaner (40 posts) -

Hello everone,i want to ask if someone knows where the save games files are too resident evil 4 i've check every where in my docoments

and also in my computer/(C:)/programs/capcom/Resident evil 4

In there i can't find anything not a Save Game folder or File i've asked UbiSoft but they don't give me any help at all i've also downloaded a Save Game file SaveData.DAT file and tryied to put it there resident evil 4 is installed but nothing happens.

Now why i need the SaveGame files is cause i came far in the game but my brother uinstalled it i don't know why the SaveGames files got deleted cause i've uinstalled it my self and the SaveGame files where still there when i installed it back.

So please help me! 

P.S. my version is 1.1.0 

#2 Posted by s_emi_xxxxx (1058 posts) -
the file named "SaveData.DAT" located in your installation directory are your savegames..
#3 Posted by Omar-man (25 posts) -

I dont have the saves...

but try to search them in your pc if you didnt delete them...

try that:

"the name of company"....

eg (for COD):

"Activision"

dont forget to enable the search in hidden files!

#4 Posted by hitmaner (40 posts) -

Very well i'll try that hope it works cause i've saved a game now lets see if the savefile is some where around.

Thanks 

#5 Posted by hitmaner (40 posts) -
I didn't find anything :( but i wonder that downloaded SaveGame file is for another version of the game maybe i need to find another SaveGame file.
#6 Posted by Jambo_11 (25 posts) -
I actually had a similar question. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I transfered all of my important files from my desktop, including the SaveData.DAT file. The problem is when I put the file in the resident evil 4 folder, the saved games don't show up on the saved games list, in-game. Not only that but, I started a new game, just to see if I could find where it's ending up, but I'm coming up empty. Do the saved game files on Vista end up with the same name and in the same location as on Windows XP?
Avatar image for anshumansen1264
#7 Posted by anshumansen1264 (25 posts) -

in vista try users\\appdata\local\virtual store\program files\capcom....

#8 Posted by pedro206 (25 posts) -

if using vista , when you get the re4 folder in programs look at the top and click compatibility files, thats where the savedata is

#9 Posted by jaz555674 (25 posts) -
I HAWE PUTED THE SAVE GAME IN RESIDENT EVIL DIRECTORY AND THEN NOTHING NO LOAD WHAT I HAWE TO DO I HAWE PLAYED WITH THAT SAVE GAME IN FOR ABOUT 3 DAYS AND THE SOUND FX GONE P.S HELP ME PLEASE
#10 Posted by fairuz5133 (25 posts) -

thanks....

#12 Posted by khl2222 (25 posts) -

thank u pedro206i found it

khl2222