Repainting the world of warcraft mouse.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Newportzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Newportzzz
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts

So I bought the wow mouse a year or so ago and if any of you know about it you know that the mouse has a HORRIBLE finish too it. After a couple of months of use there's all kinds of greenish looking spots on the mouse, like someone spilled some acid on it and it ate away the exterior so I just want to paint it. I saw on youtube a guy painted his black and it looks really good so I'm thinking about doing the same. Can somebody help me out on this? I've never took apart a mouse before haha so I dont really know where to begin and what kind of paint should I use?

The guy on youtube apparently just took the rubber pads that let hte mouse glide off and he unscrewed the screws and I guess the top where the finish messes up just pops right off and he painted it. Will this mess up the mouse in anyway?

nesproc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 nesproc
Member since 2011 • 190 Posts

removing the pads might make the mouse slide worse (you might be able to get replacement teflon pads for it/or double sided tape to reattach the old ones) most of the time the screws are hidden under the pads or the sticker on the bottom removing(will void the warranty if any) these will allow you to take off the housing and that part you can safely paint i dunno what paint to use or the effects of say a spray paint being in contact with your skin for long periods of time.