Red Dead Redemption on The PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Actiondeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Actiondeath
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
After looking at the videos on youtube, I was bummed when I found out the red dead redemption was only for PS3 and xbox 360. Has it been confirmed or does anyone know if rockstar games plans to release Red Dead Redemption on the pc later this year or early next year?
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

No one knows yet but it seems unlikely; the first Red Dead game never came out on the PC.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Given that no one would pay them lots of money for that, I find it unlikely. With the 360, you have Microsoft literally paying the developers disgustingly large sums of money to port a game over, and Sony does the same for the PS3, but on the PC there is no such thing as one big stake holder willing to do that... so it's up to the developers entirely.
iliatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iliatay
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts

can you guys please stop these console game threads?!!!!?!!?!!?!?!?!

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

you made an account just for this?

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Rockstar currently has no plans to port Red Dead Redemption to the PC :-

http://kotaku.com/5537476/one-excellent-hour-with- rockstar-games-talking-red-dead-redemption

Play the podcast and at 28:25 you will clearly hear the developers stating there are "no plans to bring the game to the PC, but if that should change they will let us know". That is about as much anyone knows about what will happen with regards to a port of RDR.

Hm perhaps I should turn this into a signature, even if it stops one RDR topic being made it will have done it's job.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TerrorRizzing

Rockstar currently has no plans to port Red Dead Redemption to the PC :-

http://kotaku.com/5537476/one-excellent-hour-with- rockstar-games-talking-red-dead-redemption

Play the podcast and at 28:25 you will clearly hear the developers stating there are "no plans to bring the game to the PC, but if that should change they will let us know". That is about as much anyone knows about what will happen with regards to a port of RDR.

Hm perhaps I should turn this into a signature, even if it stops one RDR topic being made it will have done it's job.

charmingcharlie
we will be playing the game on pc, and these threads still wont stop.
The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

TerrorRizzing
TC's been a member since May 5th. Do some research next time. It would be nice to see a RDR port on the PC, but, for now, it seems unlikely.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Didn't everyone say a GTA IV PC port was unlikely? If RDR sells well it's more than likely going to come to PC maybe at a $30 price tag in about 9 months.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

They still might do it..Remember they where a pc group first...Now how ever they may wait an than port it like they did with gta 4..Just a thaught ive got )..How ever i am getting this for the 360..If it is ported i may pick it up for the pc later on..Just cause i love my pc games )..

Dark_prince123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Dark_prince123
Member since 2008 • 1149 Posts
Another RDR Thread Don't you guys tired of asking the same question over and over !!! (my suggestion of making a sticky still on the table )
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

No one knows yet but it seems unlikely; the first Red Dead game never came out on the PC.

cyborg100000
The first red dead was made by capcom, just clearing this up for everyone. Red Dead will come to the pc at some point.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

cyborg100000
The first Red Dead was made by a separate company. It also is a totally different game now. It just shares the name and setting really.
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 charmingcharlie

The first red dead was made by capcom, just clearing this up for everyone. Red Dead will come to the pc at some point. SAGE_OF_FIRE

It was initially being developed by Capcom but they dropped it in 2002, Rockstar Games came along and purchased the rights to the game and handed it over to Rockstar San Diego who finished development of the game.

The first Red Dead was made by a separate company. It also is a totally different game now. It just shares the name and setting really.millerlight89

The first Red Dead game was developed by Rockstar San Diego just like Red Dead Redemption has been developed by Rockstar San Diego. I am not sure what "it is a totally different game now" has to do with anything. Historically Rockstar San Diego games very rarely get ported to the PC, they have produced 10 games and only 2 have been ported to the PC, the last one was Midnight Club 2 which was ported to the PC in 2003. Since then they have never bothered to bring any of their titles to the PC.

I would personally love a port of "Midnight Club : Los Angeles" but I know it isn't going to happen in spite of the fact we got "Midnight Club 1" and "Midnight Club 2".

Besides with Rockstars history of "fantastic" ports on the PC I probably wouldn't be able to run a port of RDR on my Q6600 + GTX260 on minimum settings :P

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Besides with Rockstars history of "fantastic" ports on the PC I probably wouldn't be able to run a port of RDR on my Q6600 + GTX260 on minimum settings :P

charmingcharlie

Give me a break. Quit exaggerating.

charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 charmingcharlie

Give me a break. Quit exaggerating.millerlight89

Tell you what how about I make a deal with you ? I will quit exaggerating if you lighten up a bit eh ? That last comment I made was clearly tongue in the cheek hence the smiley at the end of it with the tongue sticking out.

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

TerrorRizzing
new account means level 3 ???
VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

I'd bet good money RDR will be on PC before or at Xmas time.

Avatar image for First-Irish-Lad
First-Irish-Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 First-Irish-Lad
Member since 2007 • 228 Posts

We have to remember that these companies want to make money. And they have only so much money making power with just the xbox and ps3. PCs outnumber both the ps3 and xbox360 by a fair bit. Well we can all see where this is going. But keep in mind that the consoles wanted an exclusive at the beginning of this game so that people would buy consoles as well as the game. But the likelihood of RDR staying just on the consoles is very slim. The question we should be asking is how good is the port going to be (hopefully not like GTA IV with all its starting problems)?

But it is sad how PC gamers who do not have a console are left out on all these fantastic games today. It would have been nice if they could have just done all three versions at once.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TerrorRizzing

We have to remember that these companies want to make money. And they have only so much money making power with just the xbox and ps3. PCs outnumber both the ps3 and xbox360 by a fair bit. Well we can all see where this is going. But keep in mind that the consoles wanted an exclusive at the beginning of this game so that people would buy consoles as well as the game. But the likelihood of RDR staying just on the consoles is very slim. The question we should be asking is how good is the port going to be (hopefully not like GTA IV with all its starting problems)?

But it is sad how PC gamers who do not have a console are left out on all these fantastic games today. It would have been nice if they could have just done all three versions at once.

First-Irish-Lad
then its sad how console gamers are left out on all these fantastic games... I think this website is a bit console centric, even the pc gaming forums.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TerrorRizzing

well after playing the ps3 version for a bit, I cant do it. The framerate is just to low, the jaggies just too annoying.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

well after playing the ps3 version for a bit, I cant do it. The framerate is just to low, the jaggies just too annoying.

TerrorRizzing
Guess i am gonna need it to come on pc in order to enjoy it then :(
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 charmingcharlie

I think it goes without saying if this does come to the PC you will get a pretty crappy port for your money. They seem to have made the exact same mistakes in RDR as they did in GTA 4 on the PS3, the PS3 version of RDR is sub HD just like GTA 4. So even if this game does come to the PC I think it is a pretty safe assumption it will be a bugged pile of crap like GTA 4.

I used to love Rockstar I think they are some of the best game designers out there, unfortunately these guys couldn't program themselves out of paper bag.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Ahh, good old days of gta vice city...
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TerrorRizzing
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

dakan45
Guess i am gonna need it to come on pc in order to enjoy it then :(

give it a chance, if you were able to play gta iv on ps3 than this shouldnt be much worse.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Looks amazing! I really hope we get it also.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#27 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

God I would LOVE this game to come to pc.. been playing it on 360 the last few days and I just cant get enough of it. So much better hten any of the GTA games imo, especially comared to GTA IV.

And if it was on PC, there would be some wicked user made missions and mods.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

I think it goes without saying if this does come to the PC you will get a pretty crappy port for your money. They seem to have made the exact same mistakes in RDR as they did in GTA 4 on the PS3, the PS3 version of RDR is sub HD just like GTA 4. So even if this game does come to the PC I think it is a pretty safe assumption it will be a bugged pile of crap like GTA 4.

I used to love Rockstar I think they are some of the best game designers out there, unfortunately these guys couldn't program themselves out of paper bag.

charmingcharlie

I don't know, Episodes from Liberty City performed better on my PC than GTA IV did or was that just for me ? And it isn't just PC, the console versions have performance issues too.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TerrorRizzing

God I would LOVE this game to come to pc.. been playing it on 360 the last few days and I just cant get enough of it. So much better hten any of the GTA games imo, especially comared to GTA IV.

And if it was on PC, there would be some wicked user made missions and mods.

kozzy1234
does it run ok on 360, it runs pretty badly on ps3. I want to play it, but I figure it will be like the time I suffered through gta iv on 360 only to have a pc version come out a few months later. I cant understand rockstar games, they have a closed platform to work with. Why release a game that cant even keep a framerate above 20 fps?