Recommend me a good monitor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

I just bought a gaming comp:

Processor: AMD AM3 PHENOM II X6 1055T
motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD-PRO
RAM: Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2/4Gx
HDD: Sata3 WD 1.0TB 64MB
Graphic card: Sapphire ATI HD5770 1G
turret: Antec three hundred
Power supply: ULTRA lifetime series pro 650 watts
windows 7 premium

Now i need a new monitor, i have a bit less then 250$ to spend on it, any suggestion ? You don't have to recommend one who is exactly 250, in fact i'd prefer if it could cost me 200 or less. I don't need a super big screen, i'd prefer to have better specs and a smaller screen then vice versa.

I have been looking at the Asus MS226H, only problem is no one in my area has it, and i'm not about to buy one online without having seen it with my own eyes. So i have been at bestbuy couple of days ago, there was some good models but they seems a bit expensive. So, i'm gonna wait for your suggestions for a good gaming monitor.

Thx.

macrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 macrome
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts
I now have a HP 2229h monitor and it is great. has vga, dvi-d, and hdmi connection and a 22" screen full 1080p perfect for watching bluray movies hope this helps it really is a good monitor for your gaming comp. :)
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

At the $200 it almost doesnt matter. They are all fairly low quality TN panels. I'd probably make my purchasing decision based on how the monitor looks (aesthetically) and whether they have speakers or not.

I understand this doesnt sound like terribly useful advice.... Buts its pretty much the truth. Most people will say "i bought X monitor and i really like it." Chances are they wont have two different monitors of the same pricepoint from roughly the same generation to make an actual comparison... And even if they do they probably dont even have it calibrated properly to actually make a benchmark.

So basically... Get whichhever you want. they are all the same. Once you start getting into $350+ do notable differences exist.

forumkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 forumkitty
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I recently bought a BenQ G2410HD (24"). It's totally awesome and quite a bit cheaper than the "Big Name" brands. Well worth checking out.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I would look at samsung's LED monitor's. They are sold at Bestbuy and I hear they're fantastic. I personally use a Dell monitor but the samsung is significantly cheaper.
jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts
I bought a samsung LED, looks great, bought the BX2235, it was 247$ at futureshop. A bit more then what i wanted to pay, but i don't regret it.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
It's not on newegg, but I bought this monitor from Benq: http://www.benq.com/products/product_detail.cfm?product=1425&pltag=2&ptag=145 LED, full-HD, and at a ridiculously low price. The only problem is that it's hard to find.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

I have this one, and it owns. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236082 I love Asus monitors :D

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="XaosII"]

At the $200 it almost doesnt matter. They are all fairly low quality TN panels. I'd probably make my purchasing decision based on how the monitor looks (aesthetically) and whether they have speakers or not.

I understand this doesnt sound like terribly useful advice.... Buts its pretty much the truth. Most people will say "i bought X monitor and i really like it." Chances are they wont have two different monitors of the same pricepoint from roughly the same generation to make an actual comparison... And even if they do they probably dont even have it calibrated properly to actually make a benchmark.

So basically... Get whichhever you want. they are all the same. Once you start getting into $350+ do notable differences exist.

This. And at that budget, you'll only get 1080p. Personally, I must have a PC monitor that is 1920x1200. The difference is significant. I was able to buy an Asus 26" monitor 1920x1200 for only $250. It was on Amazon.com and a total steal. I couldn't pass it up. I bought that one and sold my current monitor, in a heartbeat.