reasons why it's worth to be a PCgamer in 2007

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by Humorguy_basic (2342 posts) -
If that is me...And maybe is is maybe it isn't, but in any event, Capouel123, there are a darn sight more people without than with, and because they are without they can't buy and because they can't buy PC games sales drop and because PC games sales drop, so less money is made and so less money is made so less chance of PC gaming being around for long. So I would care very much, even if you 'have the card' that at least some games come out for those that 'don't have the card', or we're all in trouble.
#352 Posted by M3gAVolT (56 posts) -
My only reason why it's worth being a PC gamer in 2007: Counter-Strike.alifont

Yes, i love Counter Strike too
#353 Posted by trible (25 posts) -
http://magegame.ru/?rf=4a6f686e5f426f62736f6e
#354 Posted by trible (25 posts) -
http://magegame.ru/?rf=4a6f686e5f426f62736f6e
#355 Posted by SunnySimantov (784 posts) -
Really, I like the effort you did here but you can sum this up in just a single line of words:

Crysis, Spore, Unreal Tournament 2007, Bioshock, Supreme Commander, Command and Conquer 3 ... No need to look further, unless you like to throw away games rather quickly.
#356 Posted by 666shotman666 (25 posts) -
Looks like spacesim genre is finally not going to die with all games based on FreeSpace Open engine. Go to their site www.hard-light.net , it looks great.
#357 Posted by ghog69 (117 posts) -

Back to PC gaming from consoles because of a lack of depth in games, especially of the RTS genre. I just got a new PC and am looking forward to the wealth of good games coming out within the year or so.

At the top of a very long list is:

Spore

Hellgate London

Battlestations Midway

World in Conflict

Warhammer Online

Stalker

Huxley

Crysis

Savage 2

Supreme Commander

That is a consolidated list. There are too many I am following. PC gaming is doing fine.

#358 Posted by tubby_grimes (91 posts) -

Been looking forward 2 Spore for about 6 months now (feels like 2 years).  I'm gonna have to upgrade first tho lol.

Athlon 1.66Ghz

Geforce 6200 256Mb

512Mb DDR

40Gb HDD  (lol)

Lasted me a year tho and plays Oblivion with reasonable graphics.

#359 Posted by DTbikerider9 (1771 posts) -
that was a lengthy list im a pc and original xbox gamer but i didn't know so many pc games r comin im deffinetly getting rainbow six and splinter cell 5
#360 Posted by Flea010 (67 posts) -
Can't wait for 2007, well done on all that research. For me i won't cange from pc to consol just because of the controls. Once windows vista comes out, you will see that pc gamers will dominate xbox gamers in fps. Why because its easier to aim with a mouse then with a remote. 
#361 Posted by Flea010 (67 posts) -
Well windows vista is gonna help in that section. For instance if you have a dual processor the first processor will work on gameplay and the second one on graphics. I doubt microsoft is gonna let the pc fall behind.... And if it does i will move to apple. Mabey game developers should look at the possibilities of creating games for that system... I mean you can fit x3 512 mb graphic cards, 16 gigs of ram, x2 720 gig HDD's, and 4 processors... All i know consols can't capture gameplay like a pc
#362 Posted by shariq166 (134 posts) -

GREAT WORK MAN

It is really unbelievable. I can't find proper words to express myself.

#363 Posted by hellcat059 (25 posts) -
Fantasmic
#364 Posted by grillo87 (25 posts) -
Hey man, it´s really gonna be a Heavy Rain version for pc?. Because what i had read it´s only gonny be for PS3, where did you get that information? And what do you say about Resident Evil 4, thas was established to be pusblished in 2007, i´m wainting for that awesome game for pc!
#365 Posted by xcheifx (76 posts) -
Wow, so many games...Now i really do need a G80, well there goes $600.
#366 Posted by Samostorm (25 posts) -
You have made my day good sir.  :D
#367 Posted by crazyjames1080 (7377 posts) -
But teh £100000000000000 it cost to buy a new PC. :cry:
#368 Posted by Humorguy_basic (2342 posts) -
Don't be too optimistic, remember what PC publishers are like! I will start a thread next Xmas talking about all the games that didn't come out at all in 2007, ones that are still due in 2008 and ones that have been cancelled altogether or are only coming out on console. I reckon that will be about half the games in this list.
#369 Posted by SHEjK (25 posts) -
No STAR WARS title? :( Well thank god for Crysis :P
Avatar image for michelle_moraes
#370 Posted by michelle_moraes (4198 posts) -
Great compilation, thank you very much! Now I can track down my wanted games on that list... ^_______^
#371 Posted by sirspazm02 (42 posts) -
Yea, 2007 looks like pwnage to be pc. But my graffix card is CRAP at 32 mb. i mean come on. I wanna get a new compy but my Dads all "no"ing about it. U guys got any reasons to convince him. P.S. hes not a gammer
#372 Posted by JHON_DOE (60 posts) -
Holy shet, 10 minutes ago this thread was at page 30... damn.

Anyways, great work with the list, you convinced me with the second RTS game, the one with the nuclear explosion, looks like it's going to be great. And thanks for opening my eyes and make me realize i need an upgrade HARD.

HAHAHA, just look at my specs at this moment

Processor= Intel pentium 4 2.8 gigs
Memory= Kingston 512 megs DDR 333
Video= Nvidia geforceFX 5200.
HDD= Maxtor 80 gigs.

A piece of crap isn't it? jejejeje
#373 Posted by ClickboyM2k (25 posts) -

You should add Two Worlds to the RPG list for 2007. Not that many people know about this game, here I'll help spread the word. http://www.2-worlds.com/

#374 Posted by c4bloy (65 posts) -
Having so many to look forward to really makes me...excited!
#375 Posted by _Pedro_ (6829 posts) -
Yea, 2007 looks like pwnage to be pc. But my graffix card is CRAP at 32 mb. i mean come on. I wanna get a new compy but my Dads all "no"ing about it. U guys got any reasons to convince him. P.S. hes not a gammer
sirspazm02

what type of processor slots do you have? What kind of Gfx card slot you have? If you can tell us these things, we can advise your father to get slightly better hardware so you will be able to enjoy a lot of pc games for a long time.

#376 Posted by Veliro (25 posts) -
[QUOTE="vVoLVeRiNe"]PC games are great but doesn't it suck you have to pretty much keep ur PC up to date and spend much much more to play good games like these?

iono much about video cards but for example when i got mine nvidia geforce 4 with 64mb it was the biggest thing and then not even a year passes and there is 128 mb and games require better graphics etc and mine sucks so i have to play the newer games on low quality so it isnt choppy

i think ps3 will be great and wont have 2 spend so much for atleast 3-5 years

WRONG!
#377 Posted by blimp1234 (63 posts) -
cant wait to save up to buy the game i dont have yet and cant wait for them to come out.
#378 Posted by TidiMasta (25 posts) -
will be there Gears of War PC version ?
#379 Posted by sabazios (226 posts) -
EXCELLENT JOB! Most professional magazines won't list all of those games. A real goldmine.
Gamespot should create a new section besdide previews with just lists of upcoming titles for each platform, as you did for the PC.
I had no idea so many great games were scheduled for 2007! Of course most of them won't be there until 2008, or will never be released, but it's still a lot of good stuff to keep an eye on.

#380 Posted by _Pedro_ (6829 posts) -
will be there Gears of War PC version ?TidiMasta

I know a lot of people are hyping it, i wouldn't count on it. If you want GeoW get a 360. 
#381 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

Adrian werner,

Will Grand Theft Auto Liberty / Vice City Stories and upcoming GTA 4 will release on P.C ? Any new GTA titles being made for P.C also ?

I like GTA games but its ages since GTA San Andreas came to P.C. I'm missing GTA series for P.C.

#382 Posted by naval (11109 posts) -
Yeeeeeeeeee ... really happy to be a PC Gamer in 2007, but now just keping my fingers crossed so that these games don't dissapoint me like those in 2006 did:roll:
#383 Posted by _Pedro_ (6829 posts) -
Yeeeeeeeeee ... really happy to be a PC Gamer in 2007, but now just keping my fingers crossed so that these games don't dissapoint me like those in 2006 did:roll:naval

those of 2006 never dissapointed you, the greatest 2006 titles have all been delayed to 2007. :wink:

#384 Posted by DTbikerider9 (1771 posts) -
I just realized that one good thing about being a pc gamer recently is that theres no extra cash put into new consoles such as the 360 ps3 or wii even though im still gettin wii
#385 Posted by smash_3000 (25 posts) -
some of those games look awesome,cant wait to play the racing games
#387 Posted by thestrateger (795 posts) -
wow, just yesterday i didn't about so many games, and so many good games of comuter.

#388 Posted by Chocolademelk (25 posts) -
Wauw that are a lot off pictures man
they all seem to have the same fibe.
#389 Posted by wafflehead (836 posts) -
Excellent post, yes I can't wait for 2007!!
#390 Posted by ingete (25 posts) -

Are there any gta games for pc?

#391 Posted by stavredzikov (78 posts) -
2007 a year of resuraction of pc games.I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#392 Posted by Slacker43 (88 posts) -
/yawn
#393 Posted by _Pedro_ (6829 posts) -
/yawnSlacker43

please stop this isn't system wars. If you don't write anything worth reading: don't write it!
Avatar image for Generalkill8888
#394 Posted by Generalkill8888 (5305 posts) -
I have a question! Which one of these games on this thread will be released first for the up and coming 2007 year? Ive heard Alan Wake will be the first one released for DX10. Is this true?
#395 Posted by Pete5506 (10112 posts) -
This is the year for pc gaming!!!!!!! You just need the money to do it 1st
#396 Posted by Jmaster3265 (726 posts) -
The only problem is will these games work for the average PC? Some of these games look as if they require an amzaing PC with a great graphic card.
#397 Posted by grope2 (833 posts) -
That's certainly a lot of games and certainly a lot of reasons, some i disagree with and some i really agree with...over al it makes me a proud owner of a PC.
#398 Posted by noobgotpwned (76 posts) -

There are about 7 of the RTS games I wanna play from that list

and I am not too much of a fan of  first person shooters but there are a couple that i wanna check out

this list for 07 looks very promising

#399 Posted by _Pedro_ (6829 posts) -
The only problem is will these games work for the average PC? Some of these games look as if they require an amzaing PC with a great graphic card.Jmaster3265

Quake wars has been said to have the same system requirements as Doom 3. Which were steep at the time, but shouldn't be a big problem at the moment.

Crysis, although you wouldn't be able to have the full feeling. It has been said to run on a wide number of PC's and still look better than Far cry.

Spore, From the creator of the Sims, so ofcourse

about the others i'm not yet 100% certain, but i hope they learn something from this year. So they will optimize and scale their games accordingly. :)
#400 Posted by BOZZVEGAS (550 posts) -
I loved it!!! Thx!