reasons why it's worth to be a PCgamer in 2007

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#152 Posted by Alphawolf102 (1309 posts) -
now i can find u
#153 Posted by lwright38 (232 posts) -
Really makes me glad for buying my supped up Alienware:) and Dragon Age looks absolutely great
#154 Posted by AdrianWerner (28437 posts) -
UPDATE: new games: Experience123 and Ascension
#155 Posted by albroc (635 posts) -
how do you find these games! :o
#156 Posted by i_am_strategy (25 posts) -
Can't wait to see the next year, especially since i will (i hope) be a college student, and that means much time for games;) killer_onion

haha...dont count on it...i go to college for animation and game design and i dont even have a lot of time to play games.  it's rediculous, i know...this just goes to show how cruel the world actually is.
unless you're not planning on passing classes in order to play games (like me...im a hardcore gamer) you'll be busy beyond all belief.  unfortunately you won't be busy playing games...

sincerely,
a third year freshman
(seriously):(
#157 Posted by i_am_strategy (25 posts) -
Oh nicy, i really hope you will get better at typing, it hurts everytime you spell game titles together and everytime you put a(comment)together, you hurt my feelings by being so bad at typing i even registered an account for your sake, kinda. Anyways it's nice that you're atleast trying to list games, but please do it more properly, i see alot of game names wrong.
slushq

"a lot" is two words...just sayin.  i hate nit picking...
#158 Posted by Karjah (1381 posts) -
Looking great.   Wii +pc equals good  graphical gaming and a real shot at some new  stuff. 

Loving 2007 so far.
#159 Posted by MGVSonic (124 posts) -
one word 7950. and its only going to get better. sad though soon quad sli is going to be a must have. also funny though because pc games almost look as good as a ps3.
#160 Posted by _Pedro_ (6829 posts) -
one word 7950. and its only going to get better. sad though soon quad sli is going to be a must have. also funny though because pc games almost look as good as a ps3.MGVSonic

nah, sli and quad sli are never going to be a must. Well unless you have a very huge screen with sick resolutions.
#161 Posted by xelloss88 (5187 posts) -
Wow awesome post (Dugg) , I can't wait for PC gaming next year, I can't wait to get a new comp next year its going to be awesome.
#162 Posted by GTJimmy (807 posts) -
pURE P{WNAGE HOLLA ROFLMAO LOLOL
#163 Posted by mareaper (162 posts) -
Nice list. It got me hyped for the next year of PC gaming. The only thing that seems to mess with that list in my eyes is Halo2. It may be a big deal in the console world but compared to the other FPS games on PC it's just average, especially when compared to CRYSIS or the current F.E.A.R. game.
With all those games coming I really need to uipdate my hardware, the Geforce 4MX chipset integrated into my nForce2 motherboard probably won't be able to play most of those games :(

#164 Posted by defaillance (25 posts) -
yawn...
#165 Posted by JohnsonPhats (25 posts) -
So why am I still playing Counter Strike: Source? heh. Seems like a lot of these titles look good in the future, but when they come out, they aren't so special. Can't wait for Sid Meier's Railroad game later this year.    
#166 Posted by meddow (41 posts) -
Dang, time to get a new G card..
#167 Posted by unigoono (1030 posts) -
When some one has a point and has good facts to back it up they can really show what they mean. Seeing that list made me happy to be a pc gaming freak :D
#168 Posted by ThE-TiGeR (25 posts) -

nice.

CRYSIS RULEZ MOHAHAHAHA :twisted:

#169 Posted by slblack (562 posts) -
Why isnt this thread a sticky? Its one of the(if not the) most informative thread about what to expect from the PC in the coming time.
#170 Posted by Renegade_Fury (19286 posts) -

Ty for mentioning Americas Army going to use new unreal engine ><darkfox101

Is this true??!!!!

#171 Posted by gadks (25 posts) -
PC rule!!:twisted:
#172 Posted by AdrianWerner (28437 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkfox101"]Ty for mentioning Americas Army going to use new unreal engine ><Renegade_Fury

Is this true??!!!!

yep. The upcoming update is the last UE2.0 one, after that they switch to UE3.0
#173 Posted by albroc (635 posts) -
one word 7950. and its only going to get better. sad though soon quad sli is going to be a must have. also funny though because pc games almost look as good as a ps3.MGVSonic

"pc games almost look as good as a ps3". Almost? sorry to give you a wake up call buddy but PC will be 2 - 4 times more powerful than the Ps3 before it has even been released onto the shelves...I bet you 1 million bucks! or have you not seen crysis?

btw the 7950 is a waiste of money because now that computex is having Nvidia and Ati show off their next gen GPUs and they will cost less. Dual SLI is good with a game that supports dual graphics and dual cpus, but quad sli is impractical becuase it would be easier to just make 2 cores on one PCB.

Please dont take offence to that, my intent was not to flame, I just dont like people when they make the ps3 out to be a "god" among gaming platforms.
#174 Posted by LordoverFeind (1041 posts) -
This list is why I will never stop being a pc gamer plus the mods that make games last for years. How come GTR 2 is not on that list it's only the best racing sim ever. I play consoles also but if I could only have one platform my pc would win hands down. Alot of the console games come to pc and look better and have mods but when pc games go to console the features and/or graphics take a hit.

Also pc gaming is not as pricey any more and my 7800 gtx sli setup is still going strong from 2005 and will still run into 2007. I will likely add a physics card this year for some added punch and grab nvidia's dx10 card end of 2007 if games need it. 
#175 Posted by AdrianWerner (28437 posts) -
[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]This list is why I will never stop being a pc gamer plus the mods that make games last for years. How come GTR 2 is not on that list it's only the best racing sim ever.

GTR2 will be out in 2006 :) Also...have you tried rFactor?
#176 Posted by LordoverFeind (1041 posts) -
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]This list is why I will never stop being a pc gamer plus the mods that make games last for years. How come GTR 2 is not on that list it's only the best racing sim ever.

GTR2 will be out in 2006 :) Also...have you tried rFactor?

I like real cars so rFactor was not for me could be a good game but I have not tried the game only the demo.
#177 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18452 posts) -
There are some amazing titles in the near future..  I'll have a new PC when DirectX 10 comes out, so i'll be able to play all these games in their full glory. I can't wait!
#178 Posted by AdrianWerner (28437 posts) -
UPDATE new games : Football Manager 2007, Necrovision and Half-life 2: Episode 2
#179 Posted by Ryanzbane (668 posts) -
Warhammer Online alone is good enough to make 2007 a successful year.
Avatar image for ClandestineZero
#180 Posted by ClandestineZero (2477 posts) -
okay, I didn't read the entire over-18 page thread, but the list on page one seems to be missing UT2007 under the multiplatform section.  If this has been mentioned between the first page and this post, sorry.  But it seemed important enough to say again. :)
#181 Posted by AdrianWerner (28437 posts) -
[QUOTE="ClandestineZero"]okay, I didn't read the entire over-18 page thread, but the list on page one seems to be missing UT2007 under the multiplatform section.  If this has been mentioned between the first page and this post, sorry.  But it seemed important enough to say again. :)

for now it's still slated for 2006, Epic didn't confirm the Inquirer news
#182 Posted by neonvzla (941 posts) -
I don't understand why some consoleers like to believe PC gaming is dead.:roll:
Is it me, or it seems the PC to be getting a better RPG line-up next year than the consoles?.
#183 Posted by Fuseking (2102 posts) -
One thing consoles can never do well is RTS games which in my opionon are the best. UT07 will be my favorite game this year just becuase its always been a good series and the gameplay looks awsome. next your supreme commander will rule along with C&C 3
#184 Posted by aclark24 (1505 posts) -
Amazing list man, thank you so much!
#185 Posted by go_bears360 (1953 posts) -
wow, just wow, the PC will be owning the 360 in 2007
#187 Posted by linmukai (600 posts) -

Another wonderful roundup like last year's. Thanks so much. That's a lot of work doing that and I know many including me enjoy it.

I didn't see Vanguard for MMORPGs but perhaps the date just got moved into 2007?

As far as I can tell, EverQuest will be my biggest reason to love PC gaming yet again in 2007 but maybe Vanguard will change that. Maybe even WoW will not that its new but I never tried it.

#188 Posted by linmukai (600 posts) -

I don't understand why some consoleers like to believe PC gaming is dead.:roll:
Is it me, or it seems the PC to be getting a better RPG line-up next year than the consoles?.
neonvzla

Actually while Video games as a whole and console titles in particular are in an overall slump for this calendar year, the PC gaming picture has been much brighter with improved sales unlike consoles overall. Obviously, the 360 is the console exception but the weak starting lineup and the lack of the other two major players led to this being not such a hot year for video gaming and PC gaming sales were the only ones that were up according to an article I saw on Slashdot recently.

#189 Posted by timmay9021 (211 posts) -
halo 2, vista, unreal tournament 2007, alan wake, crysis, and stalker are all going to be the biggest reasons for any person to be a PC gamer in 2007.
#190 Posted by RaniK_ (10542 posts) -
Extremely impressed.
#191 Posted by mateen1808 (181 posts) -
comp...u....ter..... cant..... handle....... aw....some..... graphics......

i think its abt time for an upgrade for me.... now to find a job :roll:
#192 Posted by aliend (852 posts) -
BUMP . Thats a very good list of games
#193 Posted by mattman734 (10026 posts) -
What about Quake wars? i dident see that in there
#194 Posted by Khaine775 (8181 posts) -
This is very interesting. PS: You've done an incredible work.
#195 Posted by AdrianWerner (28437 posts) -
What about Quake wars? i dident see that in theremattman734

it's a 2006 game :)
#196 Posted by MAC3programmer (193 posts) -
Beautiful pictures.
#197 Posted by stoutlad (717 posts) -
Man, now I HAVE to get a job. I hate you Adrian, and all you stand for. You just showed me the next two years of my life. If I can get a decent PC cheap, cuz I definately have to upgrade. Will wait for vista and DX10 though.

My pc now:
Athlon 64 3200+
1 gig ram
6600 GT
150 gig HDD

So, yeah... I need an upgrade bad. If it isn't playing on med-high or high settings, you aren't getting the intended experience IMO.
#198 Posted by -AirHendrix- (2858 posts) -

I love this thread man. Those games are so awesome. I can't wait for Quake Wars.

*Big ET fan.

#199 Posted by scout10101 (594 posts) -

Wow. pretty big. i'm not a huge hardcore PC gamer but I do bend to the PC. I'm guilty Iwant a Wii for Xmas but I still will remain loyal to the PC. Spore is on my list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:-)

#200 Posted by -AirHendrix- (2858 posts) -

Wii is gonna be like $250 U.S. dollars man.

add a game= 300 bucks. I'm sure you can save up now to get Quake Wars at least :).