Razer Hammerhead Pro or Other (GAMING EARPHONES)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 42316
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

Hi Guys,

Like the topic suggests, I'm looking at getting myself a pair of gaming EARPHONES, not HEADPHONES, to gear up for the likes of Evolve, The Division etc. The reason why I want earphones instead of headphones is because Headphones always start hurting the area below my ears after around 20 mins of playing, which is obviously not cool! Earphones I have no problem with. I'd like the phones to have a good sound quality and obviously a microphone for voice chat.

The only issue is finding earphones that I can use and rely on for gaming. SO far I have seen the Razer Hammerhead Pro (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-hammerhead-pro), which is my only option and I'm looking for someone's honest opinion on their experience with them or anything similar that they can recommend.

I realize that my issue with headphones could be that they are too tight, and unfortunately where I live (South Africa) I can't return a pair of headphones if they hurt my ears. If anyone can recommend a pair of headphones that won't have that problem, I'd be grateful!

Thanks

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@42316 said:

Hi Guys,

Like the topic suggests, I'm looking at getting myself a pair of gaming EARPHONES, not HEADPHONES, to gear up for the likes of Evolve, The Division etc. The reason why I want earphones instead of headphones is because Headphones always start hurting the area below my ears after around 20 mins of playing, which is obviously not cool! Earphones I have no problem with. I'd like the phones to have a good sound quality and obviously a microphone for voice chat.

The only issue is finding earphones that I can use and rely on for gaming. SO far I have seen the Razer Hammerhead Pro (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-hammerhead-pro), which is my only option and I'm looking for someone's honest opinion on their experience with them or anything similar that they can recommend.

I realize that my issue with headphones could be that they are too tight, and unfortunately where I live (South Africa) I can't return a pair of headphones if they hurt my ears. If anyone can recommend a pair of headphones that won't have that problem, I'd be grateful!

Thanks

Have you ever looked at things like these? http://en-au.sennheiser.com/sennheiser-adidas-sport

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

How about some Audio Technika and a simple microphone?

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

How much do you have to spend?

To be honest, I'm guessing your problem with headphone comfort comes from using poor quality headphones. Good quality over-ear headphones are usually very comfortable.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

@kraken2109 said:

How much do you have to spend?

To be honest, I'm guessing your problem with headphone comfort comes from using poor quality headphones. Good quality over-ear headphones are usually very comfortable.

Yeah I agree with this. If anything they are more comfortable than in ears in terms of ear fatigue. The real question is how much are you willing to spend on a quality set of cans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 42316
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

My main concern is comfort, the problem with giving a price in Rands is that the exchange rate skews things horribly!

I did some more research and found that there is a site that does take the products back (weird), I also thought it would be nice to have wireless headphones! I'm not a pro/hardcore gamer, but I do LOATHE wires all over the place, I've read that interference and distortion has been pretty much eradicated from headset makers too!

What do you guys think of these: http://www.gioteck.com/products/ps4/ps4-headsets/ex-06/

They are within my price rage (+/- $80) and can hook up to quite a range of devices AND are wireless.....otherwise, any other suggestions?

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

While I have experience in high end audio I know very little about wireless headphones, simply because there don't seem to be any good ones in terms of audio. It really depends what you're looking for though.