Rage ign demo (Good quality)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Go ahead and judge the quality of the graphics from this video

They look great but the lack of object lighting reminds me of unreal engine.

Oh and dont forget to check the combat in the sewers, you can see some nice acrobatic movements.

This is by far the best demo.

Revitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Revitaly
Member since 2010 • 202 Posts

Awesome nice find. Looks really nice in 720p, but I wish I could see what it looks like other platforms instead of 360 all the time.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

Cool. Thanks for sharing. It's looking pretty good.

Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

360 version =(((

anyways thanks for posting!

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I love the enemy behaviour.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

Baranga
Make that 2.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dakan45
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

rmfd341
Make that 2.

3 Actually and they say its gona vary from enemy clan to clan.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Dakan rage looks great..Some people are calling it a borderlands copy its to funny..Rage was in development for years now..Shame it wont be able to play the game till 2011..

Avatar image for Sniping_Crowbar
Sniping_Crowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sniping_Crowbar
Member since 2010 • 369 Posts
The fact that the 360 version looks this good and is running at 60 fps is an astounding achievement on ID's part, they also mentioned Developer tools for maps and custom stuff will ship with the PC version as well. Hopefully if there is any sort of multiplayer there will be dedicated servers. I remember them saying they wouldn't support dedicated servers but lets hope they took notice of MW2's 4 million pirated copies.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dakan45
To be honest i am not really impressed about he mod tools, i mean cod4 and doom 3 had mod tools but there were fea mods no one came close to fallout 3 or half life. Its the community that concerns me. I dont think mp matters in that game. Its mostly stalker like.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

im pretty excited for this actually, I want to see pc gameplay as it looks odd watching them squirm around with a gamepad.

denter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 denter21
Member since 2003 • 1283 Posts
I really wasn't impressed at all by the enemy animations, it's just one or two movements and they used them over and over.. you can see it better (or I suppose worse is more accurate) in the demo they did for G4. The environments and graphics all look nice, maybe it's just the jerkiness of the console movements that bug me in those videos, but something doesn't seem right with the AI. It's certainly not *bad* but it's nowhere close to great imho.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TerrorRizzing
[QUOTE="denter21"]I really wasn't impressed at all by the enemy animations, it's just one or two movements and they used them over and over.. you can see it better (or I suppose worse is more accurate) in the demo they did for G4. The environments and graphics all look nice, maybe it's just the jerkiness of the console movements that bug me in those videos, but something doesn't seem right with the AI. It's certainly not *bad* but it's nowhere close to great imho.

I keep imagining the pc version, theres so many little things that are usually much worse on the console versions of first person shooters.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

Falloutlands :lol:

but amazing Visuals for 360 version

any link for PC gameplay ???

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
Looks pretty generic in terms of gameplay but I'm sure they'll add in a bunch of cool features. Looking forward to it.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

Awesome nice find. Looks really nice in 720p, but I wish I could see what it looks like other platforms instead of 360 all the time.

Revitaly
Well it looks this good on the 360, it will probably look better on PC, it won't be a complete revamp, but expect some higher resolution textures, AA, ect...
Revitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Revitaly
Member since 2010 • 202 Posts

[QUOTE="Revitaly"]

GeneralShowzer

Well it looks this good on the 360, it will probably look better on PC, it won't be a complete revamp, but expect some higher resolution textures, AA, ect...

Agreed, I hope the mod community is solid for this game = customhighreztexures:D.

ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

badtaker

Hah! Exactly my thought, I was just about to write that.

Really reminds me of both Fallout 3 and Borderlands

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Thats 360 version to and it still looks amazing compared to Fallout which looks like crap in my opinion.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dakan45

[QUOTE="badtaker"]

ventnor

Hah! Exactly my thought, I was just about to write that.

Really reminds me of both Fallout 3 and Borderlands

To be honest it reminds me more of borderlands and less fallout 3, since they are 3 of those games i guess we can call it Borderlaout 3.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Borderlands was revealed after Rage.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dakan45
This crazy guy in the video reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlY7YnWvZBU&feature=related Am i right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 29121994
Member since 2008 • 1166 Posts

The game looks fantastic, especially in 720p :p. I'm looking forward to playing this one on pc and having it look the best. The good thing is that it doesn't sound like it'll just be another console port. cough cough metro 2033, just cause 2, the saboteour lol. It looked really good for a game that's still got a lot of development time left for it. The environments looked really good too, except the lighting looked a bit flat at times. I'm still gonna check this out when it arrives for sure.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TerrorRizzing

The game looks fantastic, especially in 720p :p. I'm looking forward to playing this one on pc and having it look the best. The good thing is that it doesn't sound like it'll just be another console port. cough cough metro 2033, just cause 2, the saboteour lol. It looked really good for a game that's still got a lot of development time left for it. The environments looked really good too, except the lighting looked a bit flat at times. I'm still gonna check this out when it arrives for sure.

metro 2033 is a pc game ported to console... couldnt care less about the saboteur, and they did an excellent job with just cause 2 on pc.
l-lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 l-lord
Member since 2009 • 853 Posts

The fact that the 360 version looks this good and is running at 60 fps is an astounding achievement on ID's part, they also mentioned Developer tools for maps and custom stuff will ship with the PC version as well. Hopefully if there is any sort of multiplayer there will be dedicated servers. I remember them saying they wouldn't support dedicated servers but lets hope they took notice of MW2's 4 million pirated copies.Sniping_Crowbar
anything about extra graphics on PC?

1kalli1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 1kalli1
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts
To be honest i am not really impressed about he mod tools, i mean cod4 and doom 3 had mod tools but there were fea mods no one came close to fallout 3 or half life. Its the community that concerns me. I dont think mp matters in that game. Its mostly stalker like.dakan45
lolwut? you are not impressed that the game can be modded? This is exactly the kind of game that can generate awesome mods.
BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

Borderlands was revealed after Rage.

Baranga

Rage is still in development

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]To be honest i am not really impressed about he mod tools, i mean cod4 and doom 3 had mod tools but there were fea mods no one came close to fallout 3 or half life. Its the community that concerns me. I dont think mp matters in that game. Its mostly stalker like.1kalli1
lolwut? you are not impressed that the game can be modded? This is exactly the kind of game that can generate awesome mods.

So were other games but sadly no one seemed to bother. I would like to see total convesion mods like the ones on half life on doom 3 but sadly no one bothered. You see not everything is fallout 3/oblivion and allow you to add cool stuff into the game. So far it seems more like allowing you to make levels. Needless to point out that cod4 had mod tools but most people did not bother much at the same level as unreal tournament and half life. So i could care less about mod tools if the commnunity is gonna be idle. The point is that modding is supported in the game. Such as using mods in the game or making big new maps and missions. Serious stuff.
kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
[QUOTE="1kalli1"][QUOTE="dakan45"]To be honest i am not really impressed about he mod tools, i mean cod4 and doom 3 had mod tools but there were fea mods no one came close to fallout 3 or half life. Its the community that concerns me. I dont think mp matters in that game. Its mostly stalker like.dakan45

So were other games but sadly no one seemed to bother. I would like to see total convesion mods like the ones on half life on doom 3 but sadly no one bothered. You see not everything is fallout 3/oblivion and allow you to add cool stuff into the game. So far it seems more like allowing you to make levels. Needless to point out that cod4 had mod tools but most people did not bother much at the same level as unreal tournament and half life. So i could care less about mod tools if the commnunity is gonna be idle. The point is that modding is supported in the game. Such as using mods in the game or making big new maps and missions. Serious stuff.

Id will eventually release the source code for Id Tech 4, so doubtlessly a few modders will take advantage of that; as it is a brilliant engine.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45
I sure hope so, because i am still pissed that no one bothered with doom 3 and quake iv (which could atleast have nice mission mods)
Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Empirefrtw
Member since 2006 • 1324 Posts

It looked nice but they mentioned a lot of features that where in a lot of other games and acted like wow this is new.

solartiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 solartiger
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

Demo DOES look great in 720 HD...Hmmm, "electro-bolts in water"...I knew Bioshock would influence future games...and when I saw that buggy combat, I couldn't help but think "Auto Assault"...Rage is now officially on my "tracked" list!