"Must Get" PC Games - Which ones?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xTriviumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 xTriviumx
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE SUGGESTING! THANK YOU!

I just got my first good gaming computer and I was looking for "must get games"

Please don't recommend stuff like call of duty, I have all of these games for xbox360, trust me I have them all.

I'm mainly looking for PC only games that I would like, like Crysis (which I'm sure I'm going to get) I already have a couple games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Morrowind for the PC from my crap pc. But these can't be the only good PC games can they?

Favorite Genres - FPS, OPEN WORLD, RPG, SOME RTS

All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks! Also, I'm noticing that most of these games are older, not to be rude, I don't really appreciate older games like I should. I want new, visually beautiful games that I can try to push my new rig to the max. So please suggest recent games. Thanks!

BY THE WAY ANY PC GURU'S - I was wondering if I could play Crysis on very high with this rig - 4gb ram, DX10 4850, 3.00ghz Thanks!

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Wardemon50
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
The Witcher
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts
Anything by VALVe, Bioware, Bethesda and Blizzard. If you want a realistic open world FPS/TPS, ARMA 2
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
STALKER. Anno 1404: Dawn of Discovery reminded me why I first got into PC gaming.
BlackFlagX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlackFlagX
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts

Here in gamespot... click PC button, then click REVIEWS button.. klick BROWSE ALL button at the bottom, and then sort the list by rank... the first game will be diablo on this list... get and finish all games which has rank above 8 NOW!!!! These are all must get!!!

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fudgeblood

Here in gamespot... click PC button, then click REVIEWS button.. klick BROWSE ALL button at the bottom, and then sort the list by rank... the first game will be diablo on this list... get and finish all games which has rank above 8 NOW!!!! These are all must get!!!

BlackFlagX
/facepalm
555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#7 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts
Riddick:Assault on the dark Athena,POP,Mass Effect,Empire:Total war...
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
Crysis Battlefield 2/2142 Company of Hereos Orange Box ( I don't care if you got for 360, it's like a different game) Fallout 3 ( already have) KOTOR
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fudgeblood

you just got analy raped by superman at full speed...

BlackFlagX

Am I supposed to be insulted? Or is this supposed to be funny? I'm not even going to bother to try and figure it out.

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fudgeblood

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]

[QUOTE="BlackFlagX"]

BlackFlagX

Am I supposed to be insulted? Or is this supposed to be funny? I'm not even going to bother to try and figure it out.

hey f*g I'm at work and have nothing better to do then posting sh*t on the internet just to waste your time to make a response.. cuz I'm payed for it... owned!

How was I owned? Seriously, are you ten years old?
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]

[QUOTE="BlackFlagX"]

BlackFlagX

hey f*g I'm at work and have nothing better to do then posting sh*t on the internet just to waste your time to make a response.. cuz I'm payed for it... owned!

Huh?
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fudgeblood

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"][QUOTE="BlackFlagX"] hey f*g I'm at work and have nothing better to do then posting sh*t on the internet just to waste your time to make a response.. cuz I'm payed for it... owned!

BlackFlagX

How was I owned? Seriously, are you ten years old?

No I'm 9 years old and I just f*cked your mom

Amazing....
artistry_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 artistry_
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

Dead Space

Mirror's Edge

Portal

Bioshock

Cryostasis

Half-Life 1 & 2 plus episodes

Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Deus Ex

Tron 2.0

Max Payne

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Crysis Battlefield 2/2142 Company of Hereos Orange Box ( I don't care if you got for 360, it's like a different game) Fallout 3 ( already have) KOTORgamerguy845

can kotor even run on a vista?

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

You mentioned Crysis, there's the "Maximum Edition' which includes Crysis: Warhead - a single-player campaign from a different perspective.

Battlefield 2 Complete Collection

Doom III and Resurrection of Evil (it's expansion).

Far Cry

Half-Life 2 has a lot of nice mods available on the PC - one of which is Garry's Mod - it allows co-op multiplayer among other things.
- Counter-Strike: Source, and Day of Defeat: Source are also recommended.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (there's also the Clear Sky expansion).

Unreal Tournament 2004 - it has a lot of good mods and updates for it.
- There's an Unreal Anthology that includes Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Unreal II and UT 2004 all in one box.

You like Open-World games - you should give GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas a try on the PC - there are online multiplayer mods available like MultiTheftAuto (MTA) and GTA Tournament (gtat). You can also get mods for new characters, vehicles, environments, and effects.

Edit: Starcraft, and Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War are some RTS I recommend - and I don't really like RTS games.

Vital93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vital93
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts
World in Conflict (In my opinion the best RTS game on pc).
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
All Valve Games and Command And Conquer Series
xTriviumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xTriviumx

Wow I wasn't expecting this much feedback so quickly! I will definately look into all of those games. Thanks for all the help guys!

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I tell this to any friend coming into PC gaming. It all depends on your tastes but I have had high success rates with the following recommendations;

FPS

Orange Box (5 games for $30)

Doom 2

RPG

Diablo 2 (I've never a person who doesn't like this game)

Witcher (maturity is a good thing :))

Strategy

Starcraft or Warcraft 3 (warning; play the campaigns or against the AI first because the online is brutal to say the least)

Company of Heroes (a complex game compared to the others but it has no base building so if you like action over building a base, like I do, then this will suit your needs perfectly)

Hybrids

Deus Ex (this has a thought provoking story and blends FPS with RPG almost perfectly)

That should keep you busy for a while.

xTriviumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xTriviumx

I'm noticing that most of these games are from the late 90's like Diablo. Not to be rude or anything, I don't really like old games. And what I really want is an amazing looking game so I can really push my new graphics card.

BY THE WAY. ANY PC GURU'S - I was wondering if i could run Crysis on very high with this rig - 4gb ram 3.00ghz DX10 4850 thats about all I know of the PC I'm getting at the moment.

Delphanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Delphanius
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts

Any RPG from Bioware

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I'm noticing that most of these games are from the late 90's like Diablo. Not to be rude or anything, I don't really like old games. And what I really want is an amazing looking game so I can really push my new graphics card.

BY THE WAY. ANY PC GURU'S - I was wondering if i could run Crysis on very high with this rig - 4gb ram 3.00ghz DX10 4850 thats about all I know of the PC I'm getting at the moment.

xTriviumx

If you want games to push your card (a benchmark basically..) then try STALKER, Crysis (your computer can run it very high but it will give you 16 fps according to this benchmark http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/734/crysis.jpg so you will want to turn it down to high), ARMA 2 (warning; this is a simulator and as such it is VERY HARD to get into but is among the best looking games), Sins a Solar Empire (a bit old but on the highest settings it is amazing with the thousands of ships in combat), and Company of Heroes (still demanding today and looks amazing with all the explosions and what-not).

Nothing wrong with not liking old games man but you are missing out on the classics. Different tastes for everyone I guess.

cr0wl3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cr0wl3r
Member since 2009 • 106 Posts

Call of Duty 4 or 5 :P

Vital93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Vital93
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts

[QUOTE="xTriviumx"]

Whiteblade999

If you want games to push your card (a benchmark basically..) then try STALKER, Crysis (your computer can run it very high but it will give you 16 fps according to this benchmark http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/734/crysis.jpg so you will want to turn it down to high), ARMA 2 (warning; this is a simulator and as such it is VERY HARD to get into but is among the best looking games), Sins a Solar Empire (a bit old but on the highest settings it is amazing with the thousands of ships in combat), and Company of Heroes (still demanding today and looks amazing with all the explosions and what-not).

Nothing wrong with not liking old games man but you are missing out on the classics. Different tastes for everyone I guess.

You forget about Far Cry 2's and World in Conflict's benchmarks- good choice, if you want play in good games and testing your graphics card.
xTriviumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xTriviumx

Call of Duty 4 or 5 :P

cr0wl3r

Please read my whole post before suggesting these, I have these for the 360.

xTriviumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xTriviumx

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

[QUOTE="xTriviumx"]

Vital93

You forget about Far Cry 2's and World in Conflict's benchmarks- good choice, if you want play in good games and testing your graphics card.

I already played Far Cry 2 for the 360, but it isn't worth rebuying it just for the PC. It was good just too short.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

RPG - Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines

FPS - Deus Ex

RTS - Homeworld

cromen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cromen
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguy845"]Crysis Battlefield 2/2142 Company of Hereos Orange Box ( I don't care if you got for 360, it's like a different game) Fallout 3 ( already have) KOTORTheShadowLord07

yes you can. just have to install vista fix

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts
  • Starcraft
  • Orange Box
  • Crysis
  • Battlefield 2
  • Morrowind
  • a Total War game
  • Civilization 4
  • Diablo 2
  • The Witcher

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguy845"]Crysis Battlefield 2/2142 Company of Hereos Orange Box ( I don't care if you got for 360, it's like a different game) Fallout 3 ( already have) KOTORTheShadowLord07

yes it can.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE SUGGESTING! THANK YOU!

I just got my first good gaming computer and I was looking for "must get games"

Please don't recommend stuff like call of duty, I have all of these games for xbox360, trust me I have them all.

I'm mainly looking for PC only games that I would like, like Crysis (which I'm sure I'm going to get) I already have a couple games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Morrowind for the PC from my crap pc. But these can't be the only good PC games can they?

Favorite Genres - FPS, OPEN WORLD, RPG, SOME RTS

All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks! Also, I'm noticing that most of these games are older, not to be rude, I don't really appreciate older games like I should. I want new, visually beautiful games that I can try to push my new rig to the max. So please suggest recent games. Thanks!

BY THE WAY ANY PC GURU'S - I was wondering if I could play Crysis on very high with this rig - 4gb ram, DX10 4850, 3.00ghz Thanks!

xTriviumx

Open world...RPG....hmm try Mount & Blade and X3 Reunion/Terran Conflict. The first isn't that graphically demanding but still looks nice. While the second one will provide a nice challenge to your rig, one of the best looking, if not the best, space game on the market right now.

Total War games will really showcase your gfx card capability to an extent, its a beautiful looking game(s).

I highly suggest going through Adrian Werner's blog too! just google it up. Will help you and all PC gamers a ton!

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
Also some of the best looking PC exclusives that can really stress-challenge your system are...well, MMO games. Most wouldnt suggest them coz either its cool to be a MMO hater atm or the more sensible reason is that you have pay. But there's always the trial thingie to simply test out your system. Titles like LOTRO, AoC, Eve-Online comes to mind when considering beautiful PC games to showcase your card.
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kamekazi_69
Member since 2006 • 4704 Posts
[QUOTE="xTriviumx"]

Well older games is what PC used to be about. okay then your choice. If ou want to push graphically, no one is going to disagree that Crysis is for you. I recommend Crysis, Dawn of Discovery (graphically intensive and very in depth builder, highly recommend). strategy I would go with Rome, and Medievel II total war series (simply amazing). Shooter I would stick with Crysis, FEAR series, Orange Box, and ARMA 2.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Get. The. Orange. Box.

HL2+the expansions are far and away THE BEST shooters out there. Bar none.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

[QUOTE="gamerguy845"]Crysis Battlefield 2/2142 Company of Hereos Orange Box ( I don't care if you got for 360, it's like a different game) Fallout 3 ( already have) KOTORcromen

yes you can. just have to install vista fix

No you don't. At least I didn't need to.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
WoW :P