"Dark souls prepare to die executable has stopped working"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by frankopan (186 posts) -

So, I get this message whenever I try to play Dark souls. PLease help. I'm loving this unoptimized pc hating piece of excrement.

#2 Posted by ttomm1946 (1871 posts) -

I've had that happen with other games because my anti virus removes it flagging it as a trojan

#3 Posted by frankopan (186 posts) -

I've had that happen with other games because my anti virus removes it flagging it as a trojan

ttomm1946
Hmm, I've been playing it for 3 days now. So I should just turn off avg?
#4 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Do you have any programs like MSI afterburner/FRAPS running? Might help if you turn those off. Dark Souls doesn't like them for some reason.
#5 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

Hmm. I don't think Fraps would be the issue. I played over 50 hours of Dark Souls, almost all of it with fraps going. No problems. Try running as administrator, turning off firewall/antivirus.

#6 Posted by frankopan (186 posts) -

Hmm. I don't think Fraps would be the issue. I played over 50 hours of Dark Souls, almost all of it with fraps going. No problems. Try running as administrator, turning off firewall/antivirus.

the_bi99man
Disabled all firewalls. What is MSI after burner? I did buy a new msi card recently but I don't remember installing that. All I know of is that nvidia control panel thingy.
#7 Posted by frankopan (186 posts) -

I also reinstalled and ran as admin.

#8 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

MSI afterburner is a GPU monitoring program. It's a separate thing, though. You'd know if you have it, and you'd have to be running it as a separate program from the game. Um... aside from that.. I don't know. Seems weird.

#9 Posted by frankopan (186 posts) -

It's that bloody update that I was prompted to DL I know it. Theoretical question. Say someone didn't have an original copy of a certain OS. Would that cause it not to work. Not that this is the case here of course....

#10 Posted by frankopan (186 posts) -

I've figured it out guys. As of today the fps unlocker won't let you enter the game unless u disable it. Bummer.