Questions for PC gamers that also own consoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

For which games in particular did you bought a console?

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
For games that can't be played on PC. Games such as The Last of Us, Killzone, Uncharted and Halo are all brilliant games that can't be played on my platform of choice, unfortunately.
Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Why ask such a question unless you have a particular console in mind?  I can't possibly fathom the number of great games that exist across all platforms.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

dynasty warriors:gundam

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

bought a gamecube back in the day for Rogue Squadron, Pikmin, Bounty Hunter, Metroid

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Bought a PS3 for the blu-ray player mostly and the Wii for Nintendo 1st party games
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Bought a PS3 pretty much exclusively for the Souls games and MGS. Other random exclusives also convinced me (IE Heavy Rain, Red Dead, and Last of US)
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

The easy answer is Exclusives.

Personally I have consoles for the following games, partly because I have certain genres I prefer on one platform over the other due to historic reasons, which might not be the case anymore.

Consoles are used for: Party games, fighting games, platformers and the before mentioned exclusives for me. I simply prefer those games on a console (apart from exclusives which I have no choice) aswell as ports that are bad on the PC, which are few and far between nowadays.

FowlBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FowlBeast
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

I'm a gamer, so I own everything(I can afford) I can play on. Some games you just can't play on PC.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

I'm a gamer, so I own everything(I can afford) I can play on. Some games you just can't play on PC.

FowlBeast

you also look like you have been hitting the coke to hard

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Well, I got a Wii because back then I was such a Nintendo fanboy (I was 15 years oldwhen I bought it).

PS3 because I wanted FF13 and VS13. 13 was such a disappointment, luckily, not my ps3.
awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

Ricardomz
Metal Gear Solid 4, Red Dead Redemption....thats about it lol. Originally bought Battlefield 3 and Skyrim on PS3 just to learn how fail those both are on consoles, especially Skyrim. I really only get consoles for the MGS and GTA exclusives and to play with my brother and a couple friends who dont PC game.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I bought a PS3 for sports games, KZ games and Uncharted games for me and JRPGs for the kid.

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Sports and Racing titles.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#15 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I guess I got my PS3 for uncharted, to see what the fuss was about. UC2 alone is enough justification for my purchase. 360 I got partly to get through the halo and gears series. I was turned off halo 3 ODST when my save file broke and haven't been back.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I bought a PS3 when Valkyria Chronicles came out, and MGS4 was coming up. Before that, I got an XBOX when Halo 2 came out. And then before that I got an NES in 1989 I believe. I didn't play many console games until the PS3. I might be getting a PS4 when Infamous SS comes out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#17 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

I originally bought an Xbox 360 before I was into PC gaming but I kept it around pretty much for Halo and the games I already owned on it.  I got a PS3 earlier this year so I could play Uncharted (what a disappointment), Killzone (meh.), and I still have a few games like The Last of Us, inFamous, and the Metal Gear Solid collection.  Also, I enjoy the option to play locally in games like Mortal Kombat and LittleBigPlanet 2.

I originally regretted the purchase, but now that Grand Theft Auto V is coming out first on consoles, I regret nothing.  Plus, the new release of Diablo III on consoles looks much better than the PC version (not graphically of course, I mean in terms of game design).

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
Halo 3
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts
I pretty much buy all multiplats on consoles. I prefer the Home Theater Envirwnt of my consoles vs that of sitting at a desk playing games
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I got my PS3 before I had a PC that could run games well.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts
I got a free PS3 from a TV deal back a few years ago, but I would have bought one just for Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, Last of Us and Metal Gear Solid 4. These 4 titles are by far of superior quality of technical and an intellectual marvel so If you already have a decent PC i'd highly recommend PS3 over 360.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

For games that can't be played on PC. Games such as The Last of Us, Killzone, Uncharted and Halo are all brilliant games that can't be played on my platform of choice, unfortunately.Doom_HellKnight

This and split screen related games.. It's a blast to play together all on the same screen.. Unfortunately very few pc games allow this.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
[QUOTE="m3Boarder32"]I pretty much buy all multiplats on consoles. I prefer the Home Theater Envirwnt of my consoles vs that of sitting at a desk playing games

please don't start your bull here, thanks
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Had a 360 and PS3 before I built a rig.

360's gone but I still enjoy the PS3 for games like The Last of Us, Tales of Xillia and Metal Gear Solid Rising (didn't have a PC announcement when it released).

Now that I'm looking at a new gen and more comfortable with PC gaming I'm only for sure getting a Wii U. Though I'll probably pick up a PS4 for Metal Gear Solid V, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV (though I suspect MGSV and FFXV may end up on PC).

I also own both handhelds. I just like games in general. I don't have the time to play through half the stuff I get but I don't really care.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Grand Theft Auto series, Metal Gear series, NHL, Madden, Gran Turismo, and whatever multiplatform games that aren't specifically FPS or RTS games.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#26 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Anything by Nintendo.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Demon Souls and Red Dead Redemption. Although, I've bought several other games, but I just can't stand playing on PS3... I have Last of Us, played only 1 hour and I can't even be bothered to continue. Everything about it just feels slow and weird. Iono. Just me.
danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts
PS3, just for the Ninja Gaiden series. O caralho do Tecmo nao poe os jogos no PC.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#29 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

- Forza series

- Red Dead Redemption

- Lost Odyssey

- Metal Gear Solid

- God Of War

- Halo

- Too human

- Heavy Rain

- Ninja Gaiden series

- Uncharted

- Perfect Dark (liked both the Perfect Dark remake and the PDZ)

- Grand Turismo

- Blu Ray dvds

- All the exclusive indie games on xboxlive and psn

Few reasons why i got a ps3 and 360.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
Got a PS3 for The Last of Us, then I played Red Dead and now waiting for GTA5.
sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
I had a crappy PC back in the day so I got a ps3 for christmas. That's why. But now, I got a good gaming PC and havn't touched my ps3 for more than a year now.
Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

PS3... ah I just got it because the PS2 was the best console I ever had. I was really expecting to see awesome games as good as Final Fantasy X on the PS3, but I got FFXIII instead. The other reason I got it was for MGS4. For a while, I wasn't really even that big of a fan of the PS3. Then I played Uncharted... for me, that made the system worth it. Oh, and God of War: Ascension is pretty badass. It's my favorite since the original GoW. As for the Wii? I got it because I like Mario and Zelda games. I had an Xbox 360 at one point, and I bought that because Halo was literally my favorite FPS ever. Still is. Deal with it. Sold my 360, though. After the freezes started to get somewhat more frequent, I knew it was time to get rid of it.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Ricardomz

What? There have been thousands of great console exclusive games. You make it sound like if a person who plays games on PC that also owns a console would only own one because of a couple games. Hate to tell you but there are a metric shit load of great console games that will never be on the PC.

Real gamers dont play a pc or consoles, they play games.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lost-to-Apathy

[QUOTE="Ricardomz"]

Gargus

What? There have been thousands of great console exclusive games. You make it sound like if a person who plays games on PC that also owns a console would only own one because of a couple games. Hate to tell you but there are a metric shit load of great console games that will never be on the PC.

Yeah, but honestly. You think I'd want to buy consoles if all games were available on PC? I support the idea of a centralized platform. So annoying to have multiple platforms if you ask me.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Mosly gears an gta games, madden since it doesnt come on the pc any more..Wish it did, it sell if it didnt do a bad port..Nba 2lk does well on the pc..Baseball games arent on the pc so ya..There a lot of racing games that dont come to pc also..

masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts

[QUOTE="Gargus"]

[QUOTE="Ricardomz"]

Lost-to-Apathy

Yeah, but honestly. You think I'd want to buy consoles if all games were available on PC? I support the idea of a centralized platform. So annoying to have multiple platforms if you ask me.

Personally I find it a pain to start my console to play games on it... it takes forever to load a game... even if I'm a great fan of Forza and FFXIII, I just don't play them because it's easier to just fire a game on my pc. I hope there will be a next gen console version with SSD, I find it stupid that they passed on one of the best improvement of computer hardware of the last decade.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

[QUOTE="Gargus"]

[QUOTE="Ricardomz"]

Lost-to-Apathy

You do realize some games play much smoother and the controls are far superior on consoles, right? PC does it best with FPS and RTS games specifically. Consoles are far more standardized and accessible for gaming than a bulky PC. Mostly professionals into video editing, graphics, programming, web development and game development use PCs regularly. Also hardcore gaming enthusiasts who play StarCraft, Dota, League of Legends, etc which can't be found on consoles. But most gamers play on consoles.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

[QUOTE="Gargus"]

SKaREO

You do realize some games play much smoother and the controls are far superior on consoles, right? PC does it best with FPS and RTS games specifically. Consoles are far more standardized and accessible for gaming than a bulky PC. Mostly professionals into video editing, graphics, programming, web development and game development use PCs regularly. Also hardcore gaming enthusiasts who play StarCraft, Dota, League of Legends, etc which can't be found on consoles. But most gamers play on consoles.

No games play 'smoother' on consoles, and pretty much all modern games on PC work with controllers.
Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lost-to-Apathy

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

[QUOTE="Gargus"]

SKaREO

Yeah, about two games because the PC version of those said games are terrible ports. I don't know what you're talking about honestly. I've played several console titles on my PC, and they play far better on my PC. 60fps, maximum graphics and whichever controls I want.

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

I wouldn't have bought it myself, but friends bought me a Wii U. I use it to play the Nintendo exclusives that will never be on PC. The touchscreen controls can be fun. I also have one of the original Xbox 360s. I got that because my computer wasn't good enough at the time to play games. It mostly collects dust now because my favorite games RPGs are usually better on PC.