Question about running SLI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Otacon6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Otacon6669
Member since 2007 • 492 Posts

I know i could find the answer to this somewhere but im a little confused on the specifics. I have an EVGA GTX 465 and i want to run SLI, do i need another 465? I know there is no such thing as a gtx 565 yet, but lets say there was, could i run that along with my 465? I'm asking because i cant find another gtx 465 anywhere, could i use perhaps a 470? I know they have a similar bus. Any help is appreciated

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
You need a another 465.
neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4401 Posts

I know i could find the answer to this somewhere but im a little confused on the specifics. I have an EVGA GTX 465 and i want to run SLI, do i need another 465? I know there is no such thing as a gtx 565 yet, but lets say there was, could i run that along with my 465? I'm asking because i cant find another gtx 465 anywhere, could i use perhaps a 470? I know they have a similar bus. Any help is appreciated

Otacon6669

You can find GTX 465 cards still, you just need to look in the correct places.

You can try actual manufacturer websites such as Zotac, EVGA and so on, see if they have any for direct sale. Amazon.com has some new and used - though generally you're going to be paying a lot more for the new ones then they are actual worth spending the money on. Your best best over all, something like Ebay, maybe you'll find one new that you can snatch up at a steal or a used one that doesn't set you back too much.