question about media center

This topic is locked from further discussion.

judgepeter813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 judgepeter813
Member since 2005 • 1009 Posts
Sorry if this is the wrong board but i had no idea where to put it... anyway, i just got a wintv pvr card with av inputs and such and i just upgraded to vista so i can only use windows media center. I'm just wondering can someone tell me how i could use my xbox 360 because i can't seem to find an option to switch to the inputs. THANKS
d-rtyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 d-rtyboy
Member since 2006 • 3178 Posts
You want to play your xbox360 on you monitor? Is that what you want to do? The software that came with your vidcap card should work fine. I don't see the point or necessity of windows media center...maybe that makes it a little more convenient? I have no idea. But I've used PS2 with the software that came with my vidcap and it worked fine.
judgepeter813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 judgepeter813
yes, i would do just that but my tv card is basically made for media center and when i install through the cd, it doesn't install an application just that it works
judgepeter813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 judgepeter813
i downloaded a standalone application but when i switch to inputs and start playing, there is a delay on the signal of like 3 seconds... HELP!!!!!
judgepeter813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 judgepeter813
oh my god this is so infuriating plz help!!
d-rtyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 d-rtyboy
Member since 2006 • 3178 Posts
your card should have come with software... there's an app in gordian knot that will do it... virtualdubmod start>programs>gordianknot>apps>virtualdubmod ... file>capture avi... http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=77391&package_id=78323&release_id=307458 hope that helps... though.. that's not exactly what you had in mind...as virtualdubmod is designed to capture video to convert to an avi... if I had more time I'd set up my dreamcast... But again... the software that came with your card should do what you want. Haupauge(sp?) is a good company... if there's nothing on the disk that came with the system, you might search their website... or give tech support an email or phone call, they should help you out.