Question about coming back to WoW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Hey guys, would I be able to get some sort of 7 day trial of WoW with an exsisting account up to Cataclysm? I wanted to continue from there instead of creating a free WoW account.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Hey guys, would I be able to get some sort of 7 day trial of WoW with an exsisting account up to Cataclysm? I wanted to continue from there instead of creating a free WoW account.

SimplyFatal

negative.. unless all characters on the account were below level 20 in which case i recommend calling blizzard entertainments account services line and seeing if they can do something for you. WoW hasnt changed much.. beyond the fact that many max level toons probably look a little different and there more or less whining about PvP balances

K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts
Just get a Scroll of Resurrection, if you're able to receive one (I believe they put a limit on them) and if you know someone who is able to grant you one. I personally got an offer from Blizzard to return for 7 days when the pre-expansion patch was released.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Check your email, Blizzard routinely sends out 7-day game time for existing WoW accounts.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

[QUOTE="SimplyFatal"]

ionusX

negative.. unless all characters on the account were below level 20 in which case i recommend calling blizzard entertainments account services line and seeing if they can do something for you. WoW hasnt changed much.. beyond the fact that many max level toons probably look a little different and there more or less whining about PvP balances

It's changed a lot actually.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="SimplyFatal"]

HyperWarlock

you mean enemies dont stand aorund in fields.. you dont get piles of kill and fetch quests and crafting is still done via recipe spamming?? oh an theres no max level recipe cooldowns or epic mounts?

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"] negative.. unless all characters on the account were below level 20 in which case i recommend calling blizzard entertainments account services line and seeing if they can do something for you. WoW hasnt changed much.. beyond the fact that many max level toons probably look a little different and there more or less whining about PvP balances

ionusX

you mean enemies dont stand aorund in fields.. you dont get piles of kill and fetch quests and crafting is still done via recipe spamming?? oh an theres no max level recipe cooldowns or epic mounts?

Of course there is, that's a core part of the game. I mean it's changed in the sense that Mounts and Pets are account wide, a new class has been introduced. A new race has been introduced, a whole new continent too, new spells and abilities.

If you hate the game so much, why do you post about it so much? Why not just play the games YOU like? Personally I love WoW.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

HyperWarlock

Of course there is, that's a core part of the game. I mean it's changed in the sense that Mounts and Pets are account wide, a new class has been introduced. A new race has been introduced, a whole new continent too, new spells and abilities.

If you hate the game so much, why do you post about it so much? Why not just play the games YOU like? Personally I love WoW.

so basically they just extended the existing content.. yeah nothing new here..

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"] you mean enemies dont stand aorund in fields.. you dont get piles of kill and fetch quests and crafting is still done via recipe spamming?? oh an theres no max level recipe cooldowns or epic mounts?

ionusX

WoW has got some of the best quests ever designed in MMO. Sure there are few quests here and there, but generally it's better than other MMOs.

Also, Guild Wars 2 doesn't have the same writing quality.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

Ravenshout

WoW has got some of the best quests ever designed in MMO. Sure there are few quests here and there, but generally it's better than other MMOs.

hahahaha no it doesnt its quests are nothing to write home about and never have been. they consists of 3-4 different variations on the same generic quests formula used over and over.

as for writing quality thats a matter of your opininion but im going to doubt that overnight they went fro lore perverting main charatcer sidelining and abuse of the alliance as a faction to bringing everyone to equal footing. mmmhmm warcraft as a univrse has become a 1 faction game with the 2nd factions only real point in existance being the abiltiy to have opponents in PvP and for the sake of having an alternative to a band of fugly mutants and a race of magic addicted pretty boys.

WoW post vanilla has become little more than a high successful game that has flogged its first 2.5 franchise installments to death for the sake of turning a prfoit.. and is now in the process of slowly wiping out half of its characters in order to maintain some semblance of a lore from its remaining 1.5 franchise installments.

i dont you dare think they didnt just lop off several important characters with TBC

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="Ravenshout"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"] so basically they just extended the existing content.. yeah nothing new here..

ionusX

hahahaha no it doesnt its quests are nothing to write home about and never have been. they consists of 3-4 different variations on the same generic quests formula used over and over.

as for writing quality thats a matter of your opininion but im going to doubt that overnight they went fro lore perverting main charatcer sidelining and abuse of the alliance as a faction to bringing everyone to equal footing. mmmhmm warcraft as a univrse has become a 1 faction game with the 2nd factions only real point in existance being the abiltiy to have opponents in PvP and for the sake of having an alternative to a band of fugly mutants and a race of magic addicted pretty boys.

WoW post vanilla has become little more than a high successful game that has flogged its first 2.5 franchise installments to death for the sake of turning a prfoit.. and is now in the process of slowly wiping out half of its characters in order to maintain some semblance of a lore from its remaining 1.5 franchise installments.

i dont you dare think they didnt just lop off several important characters with TBC

I have no idea what you're talking about, you just sound like a pathetic little kid hating on something that is popular.

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

ionusX

Ignore ionusX's opinion on any matter involving WoW op. His biased ignorance towards the game is simply astounding to me. He knows nothing of the game and his blind hatred of it is simply laughable.

To answer your original question, YES you can have somebody (even possibly someone on these forums) send you a Scroll of Resurrection if you have not played since a certain month date this year. I forget the date exactly, but the information is available on the main WoW website's faq section for SoR's. With it you will receive 7 days of free game time, an upgrade to Cataclysm, a server transfer to the invitee, a free character boost to level 80, and a potential faction change to that of the invitee.

WoW has, hands down, the best PvE content of an MMO. Even if IonusX's claim of "extending existing content" was simply just that then you would be receiving more of the prime quality content WoW is known for. Luckily though ionusX is wrong (like usual) and they do offer significant changes. As Hyperwarlock stated previously, they introduced a new class, new continent with multiple zones, new battlegrounds, new arena's, new gameplay systems (scenario's and challenge modes), new pet battle system (pokemon, weeee), and more. If GW2 promised to release just one of those things IonusX would sell off his left nut and praise it up and down.

I like GW2 and WoW, but I just wanted to come clear things up in this post before having your opinion on the matter altered by an idiot.

Priapus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Priapus101
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="Ravenshout"] WoW has got some of the best quests ever designed in MMO. Sure there are few quests here and there, but generally it's better than other MMOs.

HyperWarlock

I have no idea what you're talking about, you just sound like a pathetic little kid hating on something that is popular.

Haters gonna hate :) I have been playing both GW2 and WoW:MoP and have been enjoying them both immensly.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts
I don't have any characters on my current battle.net account. I already received a Scroll of Resurrection, can I obtain another one?
trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

I don't have any characters on my current battle.net account. I already received a Scroll of Resurrection, can I obtain another one? SimplyFatal

I think it depends on how long ago you accepted the old one. Nothing hurts but to ask. I had accepted a SoR when they first made the awesome changes to it, and according to the faq's on WoW's website everyone is entitled to only 1 SoR per account. However, I simply made a ticket asking nicely if I could get another seeing as how I haven't played in 7 months and they reset my SoR for me. So this will be my second time getting the awesome benefits. All it takes is asking and then crossing fingers I spose.

Requem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Requem
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

Ravenshout

The writing quality of Wow's quests is a matter of debate and never a universal truth as it was very good for it's time when it first got out but gradually lost it's uniqueness as other titles got released and as wow's leveling turned into something nothing more than a simple grind for most of the population. If anything, SWTOR far surpassed it in terms of quest quality mostly because it was the game's selling point. So it's better not to say Wow's quests are best and sound like a fanboy.

I liked Wow for a time, namely until it's second expansion, and after that it got really boring and I quit. It's not pleasant (and realistic) to see some people hating on everything Wow has from the start, I get it. But it's also equally lame to see some people defending it like it's the holy grail of gaming.

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravenshout"]

Requem

The writing quality of Wow's quests is a matter of debate and never a universal truth as it was very good for it's time when it first got out but gradually lost it's uniqueness as other titles got released and as wow's leveling turned into something nothing more than a simple grind for most of the population. If anything, SWTOR far surpassed it in terms of quest quality mostly because it was the game's selling point. So it's better not to say Wow's quests are best and sound like a fanboy.

I liked Wow for a time, namely until it's second expansion, and after that it got really boring and I quit. It's not pleasant (and realistic) to see some people hating on everything Wow has from the start, I get it. But it's also equally lame to see some people defending it like it's the holy grail of gaming.

I mean the real quests objective. WoW has shaken things up more than any traditional MMOs in terms of actual quests objective. It is still littered with fetch-kill quests, but there are many other interesting quests too, far more than any MMO to date.