GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I'm trying to play this game for the first time (finished Mafia 3 at last :D)

I get this motion blur effect everywhere which makes my head hurt bad, I've tried to turn everything to low/off and it's still there even if I have 60fps+.

I read from google that some people encountered this and they suggest to add "-noblur" (no quotes) as a parameter. It supposedly turns off motion blur.

Question is where do I add this parameter? I hit renderer file in game location where settings are but most of those settings are in this sort of way written:

"m_bFilmGrain": true,

"m_eVolumeLightQuality": 2,

etc etc...

Other people said turn off upscaling which didn't help neither.

Have you encountered this motion blur sickness? how did you get rid of it?

nimd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 nimd4
Member since 2005 • 136 Posts

There have been other games in the past (ugh, what would be the specific example) where this kind of a motion blur effect can be turned off from the options, from in game settings. With good reason, right?

Haven't played the game and sorry that I can't help, but what do you think happened when someone on the design team raised the question whether some people will want their money back once they realize that this "brilliant idea" for an effect is making them sick, meh.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

Does the same file contain information about resolution? Also I think filmgrain effect should be set to false or off. It could help as well.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@nimd4: @horgen: I turned everything to off/low and it didn't help, also this happened only at the start location very badly, don't know why, might be bad level design.

After you enter the university level 1 you experience blur only slightly, no clue what they've done but the entrance building was really bad to my eyes.

Also motion blur probably is at the game core base engine, might explain why it can't be turned off, although I doubt turning motion blur would make the game unstable to the point of crashing.

Epleh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Epleh13
Member since 2016 • 39 Posts

Wup, I havent play it yet. You already finish it.