Quantum Break is now on steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

Well on september 14, it also will work with DX11.

hope gears will be on there soon as well as forza and halo series.

I support this move, i was never a fan of the windows store exclusives games business, i get ms wants to make the entire cut from the sales of games that they produce, but if they are going to pursue that strategy then they have to make the games section of the storefront as good as or even better than steam.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Agreed. I'm glad the Windows store thing was a flop. No one wants to purchase $60 games from a silly Microsoft store.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#3 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@vaidream45 said:

Agreed. I'm glad the Windows store thing was a flop. No one wants to purchase $60 games from a silly Microsoft store.

Microsoft seems unable to learn their lesson. Did they learn nothing from Games for Windows Live?!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@hillelslovak said:
@vaidream45 said:

Microsoft seems unable to learn their lesson. Did they learn nothing from Games for Windows Live?!

Every company does it with their own published games. They release it on their store first to gain exclusivity, then release it on other platforms.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@FelipeInside said:
@hillelslovak said:
@vaidream45 said:

Every company does it with their own published games. They release it on their store first to gain exclusivity, then release it on other platforms.

GWFL was a disaster that was hated by everyone, same with the MS store.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FelipeInside

@hillelslovak said:
@FelipeInside said:
@hillelslovak said:
@vaidream45 said:

GFWL was a disaster, it's not the same with the MS Store. It works fine. It needs upgrades for AAA games, but for everything else it's fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@FelipeInside said:
@hillelslovak said:
@FelipeInside said:
@hillelslovak said:
@vaidream45 said:

GFWL was a disaster, it's not the same with the MS Store. It works fine. It needs upgrades for AAA games, but for everything else it's fine.

I bought the Gears 1 remaster. My experience with the Store was a disaster. I could not even put vsync into a 10 year old game. Tons of people had problems for weeks with Quantum Break due to the MS Store.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FelipeInside

@hillelslovak said:

I bought the Gears 1 remaster. My experience with the Store was a disaster. I could not even put vsync into a 10 year old game. Tons of people had problems for weeks with Quantum Break due to the MS Store.

Like I said, it needs fixes for AAA games. For everything else it's fine. Read my posts please. :)

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2154 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

The better question is, did the games learn nothing from GFWL when they lost all their games after the service was killed?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

I will glady get Gears 4 if its available this way. QB can't say I care much for tho.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#11  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10592 Posts

From what I can gather, it's an average third-person shooter with weird "time" powers laced with a boring, below-average live-action TV series. Despite having Iceman, Merry and Littlefinger in it, I think I will pass.

That being said, the game releasing on Steam does raise an interesting question; is Windows Store exclusivity timed? At this point it's a bit 50/50 because I believe Remedy said they are no longer going to be a Microsoft-exclusive studio, so this could have something to do with that move.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Not on uk store yet i just looked. I hope they give an option to transfer from MS store to Steam as bought the x1 version but got free MS store version..

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

I got my fill from bullet time from Max Payne....which was 15 years ago. I played the crap out of that game.

If I wanted to stop or reverse time I can always just play Timeshift....

I guess I never saw what the big deal was with this game. Maybe at some point I'll pick up a copy if the price is dirt cheap. I suppose I couldn't care less if the game is for sale on Steam or the MS Store.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside

@neatfeatguy said:

I guess I never saw what the big deal was with this game.

They say the story and presentation of the game is very good.

It runs like a TV show, and the decisions you make inside the game change the story-arcs of the show (they filmed various versions of each scene). I find that pretty cool.

Also this is the company behind Max Payne and Alan Wake so they always create good immersive games.

I'll be getting in on Steam when it launches.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58543 Posts

I guess Games for Windows or whatever the hell they're calling it these days is not selling as many copies as they hoped.

Almost bought Gears the other day but I'm like "Nope, GoG and Steam and Origin are enough!"

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

I just hope Forza Horizon 3 will come out to Steam as well - I hate signing in to Microsoft account - it makes me enter stupid password every time I boot my PC

Everyone hates a stop sign when using a sports car (aka SSD)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

I hate signing in to Microsoft account - it makes me enter stupid password every time I boot my PC

You can use Windows without a MS account

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GeryGo  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

I hate signing in to Microsoft account - it makes me enter stupid password every time I boot my PC

I know that unless you've signed in to MS account / store and you'll have to manually sign off to enjoy passwordless boot.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7719 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

I know that unless you've signed in to MS account / store and you'll have to manually sign off to enjoy passwordless boot.

personally use the pin-code login, my actual ms account pw is randomly generated 128b so it would be rather painful to manually type

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@howmakewood said:
@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

personally use the pin-code login, my actual ms account pw is randomly generated 128b so it would be rather painful to manually type

I know I can access via pin-code - it's really fast but it requires of me to make an action to load my desktop - A) it bothers me B) as been said before I feel like I've encountered a stop sign - I hate stop signs C) it ruins me the whole experience of fast boot, one of the reasons I bought SSD for.

Unless it's facial recognition - I won't use password to log into my computer.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:
@howmakewood said:

I know I can access via pin-code - it's really fast but it requires of me to make an action to load my desktop - A) it bothers me B) as been said before I feel like I've encountered a stop sign - I hate stop signs C) it ruins me the whole experience of fast boot, one of the reasons I bought SSD for.

There are a few ways to get into Windows without a password:

- Don't use a MS account with Windows. Use a local account without a password. I'm pretty sure you can use the Store with a MS Account by itself and keep Windows with a local account.

- Use a picture password instead of a login password.

- Use "Netplwiz" to automatically enter the password for you.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#22 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@hillelslovak: That is ultimately the problem. I had bought a few titles on Games for Windows Live. The platform is gone, so are my purchases. The Microsoft Store format for games is great, however, Microsoft has a habit to abandon everything not Windows or Office branded.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@howmakewood said:
@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

I'm the same way. I put my password in on boot, then have the computer sleep if I'm not using it, and have it pop up to desktop. I guess I haven't used the xbox app much though...And yeah...SSD's ftw.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#24 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

- Don't use a MS account with Windows. Use a local account without a password. I'm pretty sure you can use the Store with a MS Account by itself and keep Windows with a local account.

Yup - no need to do the MS account BS to sign in.

I have my own local account for Win 10, and then simply have the XBox App and store associated with my MS credentials. No reason you can't do this