Qeustion about imac

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TripleDDD4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TripleDDD4
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
Next week I am planing to get imac 24 inch. Reason I am getting an imac because I heard is good for graphic design and other stuff, am I am corret? and also I play this 1 game for PC which is World of Warcraft so I am wondering if it play on max setting on imac ? and I shouldn't able to having any issue playing it on imac? imac Spec: Intel Core Duo 2 gig of ram HD 2600 Pro 320gig
silentsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 silentsky
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts
How much are you paying for it though?
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
it will max out WOW very easily, max resoultion with all the eye candy on too.
Mookman74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mookman74
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts
i'm sure you'll be fine, but when you buy apple, you pay a ton more for less power
TripleDDD4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TripleDDD4
I am paying aound 2400-2500 in Canadian
WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts

You're seriously damaging my theory about the universal healthcare in Canada meaning people there are smarter.

Do you realize you could get a PC that will not only play WoW on full settings, as well as every other game on the market for about half that (taking into account the current currency exchange rates). And it would have more than one mouse button.

yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yoyo462001

You're seriously damaging my theory about the universal healthcare in Canada meaning people there are smarter.

Do you realize you could get a PC that will not only play WoW on full settings, as well as every other game on the market for about half that (taking into account the current currency exchange rates). And it would have more than one mouse button.

WDT-BlackKat
he isn't buying this jus for games though, he said he wanted it for graphics design..with the nice UI in MACs thats a good choice.
TripleDDD4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TripleDDD4
Well I am not getting imac just for games, I am using it for Graphic Design and suchs
silentsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silentsky

Well I am not getting imac just for games, I am using it for Graphic Design and suchs TripleDDD4

I built my pc for the price of $1700, and my system destroys that for nearly less than $800. Macs are good for graphics true but that doesn't mean the PC sucks at it. In fact I would say my 8800GTX destroys your 2600 in graphics processing. I'm into graphic designing too and I have a tablet and everything and my PC is better than the macs they have at school.

yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yoyo462001

[QUOTE="TripleDDD4"]Well I am not getting imac just for games, I am using it for Graphic Design and suchs silentsky

I built my pc for the price of $1700, and my system destroys that for nearly less than $800. Macs are good for graphics true but that doesn't mean the PC sucks at it. In fact I would say my 8800GTX destroys your 2600 in graphics processing. I'm into graphic designing too and I have a tablet and everything and my PC is better than the macs they have at school.

yep very nice PC destroys his in gaming, but hes not getting it for gaming really i think the software and UI is what makes it more of a lucrative deal, not trying to defend apple because im not a fan, but they do offfer very nice UI's and user friendly ones and its all in the monitor.
silentsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 silentsky
[QUOTE="silentsky"]

[QUOTE="TripleDDD4"]Well I am not getting imac just for games, I am using it for Graphic Design and suchs yoyo462001

yep very nice PC destroys his in gaming, but hes not getting it for gaming really i think the software and UI is what makes it more of a lucrative deal, not trying to defend apple because im not a fan, but they do offfer very nice UI's and user friendly ones and its all in the monitor.

It is fine, but if money isn't an issue then by all means go ahead and buy it. I'm just saying that price/perfomance ratio doesn't cut it for $2500. I just think SOME people just buy Macs purely for asthetic reasons and bragging to people they're so cool because they have a Mac. I think they look nice and all and work well as well but I prefer my PC because I know it's better and I have the ability to upgrade instead of buying a whole new unit when my system just doesn't cut it anymore (iMac CPU's are soldered to the board if people didn't know that).

yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yoyo462001
[QUOTE="yoyo462001"][QUOTE="silentsky"]

[QUOTE="TripleDDD4"]Well I am not getting imac just for games, I am using it for Graphic Design and suchs silentsky

It is fine, but if money isn't an issue then by all means go ahead and buy it. I'm just saying that price/perfomance ratio doesn't cut it for $2500. I just think SOME people just buy Macs purely for asthetic reasons and bragging to people they're so cool because they have a Mac. I think they look nice and all and work well as well but I prefer my PC because I know it's better and I have the ability to upgrade instead of buying a whole new unit when my system just doesn't cut it anymore (iMac CPU's are soldered to the board if people didn't know that).

this is exactly what i feel too about macs :(..
WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts
[QUOTE="WDT-BlackKat"]

yoyo462001

he isn't buying this jus for games though, he said he wanted it for graphics design..with the nice UI in MACs thats a good choice.

Last I checked you can get Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, etc. on PCs too. What does the operating system's UI have to do with those? The software looks (and essentially runs) exactly the same. The myth that Macs are better for graphics is just that. Don't remember when the same mythical properties were attributed to the Amiga? If you can believe such myths you better hide from the Scientologists for your assimilation is truly imminent.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

I am paying aound 2400-2500 in CanadianTripleDDD4

ouch, my new pc with more power cost less than that in nzd

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="WDT-BlackKat"]

yoyo462001

true but last time i checked adobe program are on pc too and they are what are used for graphic design

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="silentsky"]

[QUOTE="TripleDDD4"]Well I am not getting imac just for games, I am using it for Graphic Design and suchs yoyo462001

software? what raphic design software is used that isn't on pc? its all adobe these days which is on pc

TripleDDD4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TripleDDD4
Now I am pretty confuse, either make my own computer or buy an imac...... o well look like I have to do more researchs
silentsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 silentsky

Now I am pretty confuse, either make my own computer or buy an imac...... o well look like I have to do more researchsTripleDDD4

Build it yourself. Seriously, its not as hard as you think and you'll save yourself a ton of money down the line.

Munkyman587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Munkyman587
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts

For graphic design, many art classes highly encourage macs.. not sure why, considering both have support for the best apps. I will say this again though, because these same people keep saying the same thing and never counter my comments. Macs are stable-- many of the haters here have never owned one, or have used ones in their schools. Do you people realize how much school PCs suck too? Macs that are taken care of are the most reliable and stable machines... In the two years that I had a mac, it crashed only one time. I never lost a single document. I had windows on a partition, but I eventually deleted it because I just went to my gaming PC when I needed windows. Macs are not designed for gaming, but their hardware will run exactly the same as their PC equivalent in bootcamp that comes with the new OSX leopard.

Go to an apple store, try one out... If you like the operating system, and the money is not a big issue... you will like the system.

Utsusemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Utsusemi
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

I've recently built a nice quad core for gaming. OCed to 3.2mhz, 8800gts 512, 4gb of ram, raptor HD etc etc. And for the past 2 years, I've been using a G5 (dual core mac) with 2gb or ram, at work.

I can honestly say my brand new PC is much much slower than this 2 year old G5 when working with graphic programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Quark Xpress etc. Somehow, macs just run these programs better, even when they're all open.

So I would say an iMac is a good choice since you don't seem to be a hardcore gamer and your purpose is for graphics design. Yes, it will play WoW without a problem. Newer games on the other hand, I can't comment.