Purchasing used, and the horror stories with not receiving the correct item.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

I've read horror stories, like receiving the wrong video card (it was a higher tier, when the purchaser bought a lower tier card on Newegg) and receiving weights instead of an actual 4090.

I think it's just better to take that extra step and record everything from picking up the package from your doorstep or wherever it was delivered. An apartment locker box is even more helpful because you'll be recording the opening of the locker box itself, which can only be engaged by a carrier, and taking out of the package then the opening itself.

I think when we're dealing with hundreds of dollars in product, and sellers have doubts because anyone can take out a 4090, then put in weights and take a pic to get a chargeback for a free 4090. It's entirely possible, but at the same time, we have to think of genuine buyers who were scammed and hurt because they paid hundreds of dollars for the used item and didn't get what they paid for.

So, it's just helpful to have that extra video proof when you open the package, and you can show the seller that you didn't get what you paid for. It shouldn't be necessary, but the process of receiving used items at warehouses appears not always perfect and mistakes do happen. I have never bought a used laptop or video card before. Still, I'm looking at a used laptop, and I am thinking of just recording the whole opening the package event, even if the probability of receiving weights or something else instead of the laptop itself is very low.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#2 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts

Can't think of any or then items taking longer to arrive due to shipping.