Purchasing Game on Steam with Two Different Cards

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I have a visa gift card with less than $5 so I can't add it to my wallet and I want to buy the FC3 BD and Gunslinger pack. If I try to purchase the $12.50 pack, with this <$5 gift card, will it give me the option to add a second form of payment? Will Valve lock my purchase when it shows "insufficient funds?"

Has anyone had any experience with this?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46171 Posts

Never tried that. But I do know you can use what you have in your steam wallet and then pay the rest with a different payment method.

So it's worth a try if you ask me.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

What you can do is unload the visa gift card to your Steam Wallet, after i'm positive it'll show your Steam Wallet + Other payment method.

To get to Steam Wallet, at the top right corner, click on your name and then Account Details. On the side there will be a button that says + Add funds to Steam Wallet. Minimum you can do is 5$.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@trastamad03 said:

What you can do is unload the visa gift card to your Steam Wallet, after i'm positive it'll show your Steam Wallet + Other payment method.

To get to Steam Wallet, at the top right corner, click on your name and then Account Details. On the side there will be a button that says + Add funds to Steam Wallet. Minimum you can do is 5$.

Yup this is correct. Just unload it to your steam wallet in $5 increments.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

@trastamad03 said:

Yup this is correct. Just unload it to your steam wallet in $5 increments.

My gift card has less than $5. :(