Purchasing a 55nm Geforce GTX 260 SSC Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brettakins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brettakins
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

I was looking to purchase a 55nm Geforce GTX 260 SSC Edition and as soon as I got the money for it the websites I usually purchase my PC hardware no longer carry it. Preferably I wanted to purchase the game with some added in goodies such as a game or the evga precision tool but if not I just wanted to purchase the card from a reliable source. I googled the card for sale and the search only came up with three results. They were: Mwave.com, Ebay.com, Eworldsale.com. Have any of you purchase from these sites before? If you did conduct business with these sites how was the experience? Should I purchase from these sites of just wait for newegg or the evga.com to provide the product?

55nm Geforce GTX 260 SSC Edition http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130441

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts
Your 9800 GTX+ isn't doing it for you?
RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts
If you upgrade anything, upgrade that processor. That's the weak spot in your setup right now, not your graphics card.
Sordidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sordidus
Member since 2008 • 2036 Posts
I don't know about those sites, but you don't need to have an EVGA card to use EVGA precision, I'm using it with my XFX and mine came with a game too lol. And doesn't make sense to upgrade your current video card to that.
brettakins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brettakins

Your 9800 GTX+ isn't doing it for you?Shattered007

The card had alot of driver issues. I could play most games at almost high levels. I wanted a card with more power that didn't have the driver issues as this one. I thought it was just me until I looked at newegg reviews of the card and a lot of people were having the same issues.

brettakins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brettakins

I don't know about those sites, but you don't need to have an EVGA card to use EVGA precision, I'm using it with my XFX and mine came with a game too lol. And doesn't make sense to upgrade your current video card to that.Sordidus

I wanted to upgrade because of the driver issues with the card that I had and also I couldn't play crysis at decent graphical settings and FPS