PS3 and LCD Monitor Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JthRedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 JthRedDragon
Member since 2003 • 1814 Posts

I currently own a 360 and love the lcd monitor I bought for it.  It was much cheaper than an HDTV and still has great quality picture in my eyes.  It has a dvi and vga port.  My question is, I'd like to get a PS3 soon and was wondering if it had any cables compatible with either port so I can still get away with not having to buy an HDTV to enjoy the hardware??  And if not is there any word on a dvi or vga cable coming out? 

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
You can get an HDMI male to DVI male cable for about $20 at monoprice.com. Problem solved.
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 cspiffo
Member since 2005 • 2841 Posts
You can get an HDMI male to DVI male cable for about $20 at monoprice.com. Problem solved. donalbane
Not problem solved! Depends on the monitor. The monitor must also support HDCP in order for the PS3 to send any signals through its HDMI port. What monitor do you have?
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"]You can get an HDMI male to DVI male cable for about $20 at monoprice.com. Problem solved. cspiffo
Not problem solved! Depends on the monitor. The monitor must also support HDCP in order for the PS3 to send any signals through its HDMI port. What monitor do you have?

Yeah, forgot to mention that.