This topic is locked from further discussion.

hamoksh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hamoksh
Member since 2003 • 46 Posts

hey guys, .just need some help with something.. i bought Prototype the game,.. and i hooked up my generic twin USB gamepad ,..it just doesnt work ,.i cant select gamepad from options ,.

any ideas on how to make it work ?

Oligioioio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Oligioioio
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I have the same damn problem. That is actually weird, i guess the game does not support just any controller..
Tyson8earzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Tyson8earzz
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts
The game works absolutely flawless with my wired xbox360 controller. How can anyone NOT use a 360 controller these days as most Games for Windows / Microsoft design their games to work with it. Its 39.95 and it will be the LAST controller you will ever need. Period.
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts
The game works absolutely flawless with my wired xbox360 controller. How can anyone NOT use a 360 controller these days as most Games for Windows / Microsoft design their games to work with it. Its 39.95 and it will be the LAST controller you will ever need. Period.Tyson8earzz
It's true, but it's still a bummer when the pad you already have is useless because the developer lacks directinput support.
WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts
The game plays better with keyboard and mouse anyhow because once you get enough powers as you progress through the game you will need the keyboard. No gamepad has enough buttons.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

The game plays better with keyboard and mouse anyhow because once you get enough powers as you progress through the game you will need the keyboard. No gamepad has enough buttons.WDT-BlackKat

Games that support the 360 controller natively use the developer created button maps designed for the console counterparts. These work through context sensitive buttons and button combinations.

To the Op, many times these detailed maps cannot be manually configured so it might be worth picking up a 360 controller. Wired USB controllers are pretty cheap these days.

-Byshop

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
The game works absolutely flawless with my wired xbox360 controller. How can anyone NOT use a 360 controller these days as most Games for Windows / Microsoft design their games to work with it. Its 39.95 and it will be the LAST controller you will ever need. Period.Tyson8earzz
I wouldn't say that it's the last gamepad I'd ever need; its D-Pad just plain sucks, and some games just work better with a six-face-button layout. Its default drivers also suck for DirectInput games-no adjustable deadzone, triggers locked to combined axis configuration rather than split axes or buttons, and no rumble feedback, though modded drivers solve these at the cost of XInput integration. For everything else, though, it's great. Anyway, the OP needs this utility. It's an XInput emulator that passes off any DirectInput device as an XInput one (read: Xbox 360 gamepad). (I still think it's stupid that MS would introduce a new input API and have it supported exclusively at the detriment of all the other input devices. Fortunately, we have utilities like the one above to solve problems like this, and it doesn't look like DirectInput will be going away any time soon, if only for simulators' sake.)
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
works perfect with a 360 pad. download the xinput emulation dll and put it in the game folder then any direct input gamepad should work.
MaxiM_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 MaxiM_
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts

Great, another game denying other pad's existance. I have what I think is the best gamepad on the market - Logitech Rumblepad II Coordless, and please don't anybody tell me to buy crapbox360 controller or that it's better than Rumblepad. I prefer PS2 pad anyday. This is not a niche product for pete's sake, nor a niche brand. Developers start to piss me off. First PoP2008 is denying me the vibrations feature, now Prototype doesn't let me use my gamepad at all. This IS an outrage. I'm pissed beyond recognition!

works perfect with a 360 pad. download the xinput emulation dll and put it in the game folder then any direct input gamepad should work. imprezawrx500
Thanks for the input on xinput (lol) man. I'll try it later at home. Hope it will work. I'll give it a try with PoP2008 too. Cheers.

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

Great, another game denying other pad's existance. I have what I think is the best gamepad on the market - Logitech Rumblepad II Coordless, and please don't anybody tell me to buy crapbox360 controller or that it's better than Rumblepad. I prefer PS2 pad anyday. This is not a niche product for pete's sake, nor a niche brand. Developers start to piss me off. First PoP2008 is denying me the vibrations feature, now Prototype doesn't let me use my gamepad at all. This IS an outrage. I'm pissed beyond recognition!

[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]works perfect with a 360 pad. download the xinput emulation dll and put it in the game folder then any direct input gamepad should work. MaxiM_

Thanks for the input on xinput (lol) man. I'll try it later at home. Hope it will work. I'll give it a try with PoP2008 too. Cheers.

Console ports sometimes are like this, I just got a 360 controller for $20, I think its the best controller for anything but fighting games anyway. I also have a ps2 controller with a usb adapter, it works well with most games as well (especially with xinput or other software solutions). I cant wait until im playing sf4 with my ps2 controller on my pc hooked up to my 42 inch tv and 7.1 surround sound system :).

Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
Lol, I expected to be reading about some new prototype gamepad...
MaxiM_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MaxiM_

Console ports sometimes are like this...

TerroRizing

No no, it's not a console gamepad. It's PS2 gamepad clone - that's what i meant, but it's a PC USB gear :]

That's why this is so outrageous - you buy great piece of hardware from a major manufacturer (a piece of hardware that works really great in every game i tried) and then SURPRISE! Some wuss developer gets paid to nerf every controller but the Microsoft one, and you're wondering "WTF?"

It's a pretty fresh trend, so i hope it won't turn into a habit among developers, and/or both manufacturers and gamers will eventually force M$ to stop this monopolizing BS.

lovedody_a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lovedody_a1
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
anyone can help!
MaxiM_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MaxiM_

OK, so i owe an apology to the devs - to some extent. After i came back home from work i did the following: tried to use xinput with a good result, but what surprised me, was that the game actually seen Rumblepad, not Xbox360 controller. So I've tried starting the game again without xinput and actually press start button on my gamepad (button 10) instead of using my mouse/keyboard to start the game. Wow, it was that simple, yet completely unintuitive at the same time. OK, there's still no vibration feedback, but i'm not sure weather it's still a problem, or the devs just skipped that feature (or maybe they are nerfing non-xbox controllers, like PoP2008 does?). But one serious, very serious problem - the main cause of my anger - still remained: terrible slowdown right from the start, even tho I've unplugged pretty much every piece of USB hardware except for the pad.

So I've decided to upgrade bios, then I've downgraded(!) my chipset drivers to those officially supported by my mobo manufacturer. It helped, not solved the problem, but helped a lot. I sure hope for a quick patch to fix HID problems - i mean really, why would i need to unplug my mouse (sic!) whenever i start the game?

OK, ok, but back to the topic. Rumblepad works, and is more than supported by the game - it even has it's image in controller mapping view, so yeah, they thought about it.

So tip to everyone still having problems: update bios, be sure you use optimal driver version for your chipset AND actually press start on your controller when the game tells you to press start. Hope this helps someone, even tho it's a bunch of pretty obvious things to do. But sometimes the most obvious solution is the most elusive at the same time 8)

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

My Rumble Pad 2(wired) is working perfectly with vibration.

MaxiM_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MaxiM_

Huh, good to know, but it's a shame that someone at Radical forgot about implementing full cordless support for Rumblepad 2.

hamoksh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hamoksh
Member since 2003 • 46 Posts

wow,. thanx guys for all of your inputs, i didnt think ppl would actually respond,. :)

thanx again for all your replies,. special thanx to NamelessPlayer, i have downloaded ure file and it totaly works ,. thanx soo much :)

MasterDuncan03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MasterDuncan03
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
That Xinput thing works very well, though it has some buttons flipped and I'm not sure how to flip them correct.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
That Xinput thing works very well, though it has some buttons flipped and I'm not sure how to flip them correct.MasterDuncan03
in the config file change the button number until they are where you want them. the number in the windows control panel may not match what is read in the config file so it can take some time to get it right.
MasterDuncan03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MasterDuncan03
Yeah I'm just using a PS2 twin usb connector, no real install, stirctly plug and play to make a PS2 controller into a pad. No software involved, no clue where I'd find the config file for it, but thanks for the advice.
smithdiggity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 smithdiggity

love that xbox 360 emulator... what a saviour

gvidzix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 gvidzix
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts

thanks, i already knew about this program, it is very useful, and thanks i updated my already older version of this prog, and it works fine, runin and smahin fings just fine ingame :)

gvidzix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gvidzix

Yeah I'm just using a PS2 twin usb connector, no real install, stirctly plug and play to make a PS2 controller into a pad. No software involved, no clue where I'd find the config file for it, but thanks for the advice.MasterDuncan03

try this, it SHOULD work fine, if not then youŗe out of luck

psxp driver

gvidzix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gvidzix

very serious problem - the main cause of my anger - still remained: terrible slowdown right from the start, even tho I've unplugged pretty much every piece of USB hardware except for the pad.

So I've decided to upgrade bios, then I've downgraded(!) my chipset drivers to those officially supported by my mobo manufacturer. It helped, not solved the problem, but helped a lot. I sure hope for a quick patch to fix HID problems - i mean really, why would i need to unplug my mouse (sic!) whenever i start the game?

MaxiM_

yes i have this problem too, when playing with gamepad (with xinput) i haveslowdown what just makes u angry, and you will be back to muse and keyboard

gvidzix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gvidzix

[QUOTE="MaxiM_"]

very serious problem - the main cause of my anger - still remained: terrible slowdown right from the start, even tho I've unplugged pretty much every piece of USB hardware except for the pad.

gvidzix

yes i have this problem too, when playing with gamepad (with xinput) i haveslowdown what just makes u angry, and you will be back to muse and keyboard

found solution, uze "xpadder_gamepad_profiler" , you can give any function from keyboard mouse to your gamepad, but yeah force feadback wont be working

MaxiM_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MaxiM_

Just to report: vibrations with my Logitech Coordles Rumblepad II are working. Seems like this wasn't Prototype's fault for a change. I have recharged my batteries and voila - it works. So all in all, I got my pad working fully and without any problems after all the workarounds i had to make just to play the game at decent speed with some shortcommings.

gvidzix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gvidzix

Just to report: vibrations with my Logitech Coordles Rumblepad II are working. Seems like this wasn't Prototype's fault for a change. I have recharged my batteries and voila - it works. So all in all, I got my pad working fully and without any problems after all the workarounds i had to make just to play the game at decent speed with some shortcommings.

MaxiM_

heh good for you, but well with xinput prototype slows down for me, but with xpadder it doesn't, but with xpadder there is no forfeedback, but i guess it's not a big loss and still some challenges for medals is easier to do with keyboard and mouse, i need to practice with gamepad to do them faster

orxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 orxis

I have a wired xbox360 controller and I get no vibrations on prototype for pc. Any ideas?

dnl_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dnl_assassin
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

i cant' play prototype wit my gamepad

what should i do?

mikefixxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mikefixxxer
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Thank you nameless player.

treepop99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 treepop99
Member since 2009 • 310 Posts

I am using theXBOX360 Controller Emulator v3.0 byRacer_Slinked earlier.

For some reason. My right analog(I am using a ps2 controller) totally switched. My Left and right cause the game to look up and down and my up and down go right and left. How would I fix this?

Avatar image for YASIRGUJJERKING
YASIRGUJJERKING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 YASIRGUJJERKING
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
thanx dear, my gamepad was not working on prototype n crysis also, i download d xinputemu3 n its work, thnx again
shadowxyz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shadowxyz1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
yup dude i have the same problem...i guess it requires an xbox360 controller...i tried to contact activision but those idiots put me on hold...and i can't play it with keyboard and mouse cause there are too many controls and its a 3rd person shooter game...so i guess i have to get xbox360 gamepad...man it better works
DamageSpike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DamageSpike
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hi All - new to toe forum... anyway I had the same problem, as in the game didnt recognise my controller. I use Joy2Key, although I could not map "F" - DISGUISE POWERS Here is a link to mys site with the configuration and picture of the controller http://www.damagespike.co.uk/prototype-video-game Best Regards, DamageSpike
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Hi All - new to toe forum... anyway I had the same problem, as in the game didnt recognise my controller. I use Joy2Key, although I could not map "F" - DISGUISE POWERS Here is a link to mys site with the configuration and picture of the controller http://www.damagespike.co.uk/prototype-video-game Best Regards, DamageSpikeDamageSpike
I know you're new so i'll forgive you. Don't bump old threads in future.

Avatar image for deactivated-57bcc1891a93a
deactivated-57bcc1891a93a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40 deactivated-57bcc1891a93a
Member since 2010 • 1284 Posts

who cares? they're rarely bumped it's no big deal. unless it's against Gamespot TOS or something. Though I'd tell Gamespot it's a silly rule too.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

@Kickable said:

who cares? they're rarely bumped it's no big deal. unless it's against Gamespot TOS or something. Though I'd tell Gamespot it's a silly rule too.

Avatar image for deactivated-57bcc1891a93a
deactivated-57bcc1891a93a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By deactivated-57bcc1891a93a
Member since 2010 • 1284 Posts

is that supposed to be insulting? I don't care if people bump old threads and I don't care that I had to bump one to say that. :P