numberz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 numberz1
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

Got a Logitech g920 for christmas and decided to invest in project cars which is compatible with my Oculus Rift, thought I'd be cool to try racing sim's on VR. Project cars runs fine without VR, getting around 650 fps in menus, which drops to around 150fps when racing. However as soon as I enter a race in VR fps drops (which is expected). However, it drops to around 90 fps, then down to 1 fps, back up to 90, down to 1 and so on.. to the point where the game isn't just slow but it unplayable. VR is fine on the game menus.

I've messed with settings, watching videos on youtube of suggestions but cannot seem to get it right. I'm sure my computer is capable of running the game in VR, I understand its a demanding game and I may need to drop some fps to get it running smoothly, which I don't mind. I'm not a massive tech savvy kinda person, I just know I have a decent PC which normally copes fine with VR, I also have games such as DiRT Rally which is fine in VR.

Pc Specs:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home

i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 4 core

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

8GB RAM

As I said, not very into all technology etc, just like the gaming side. If I missed anything important out of the PC specs then let me know. Any suggestions would be great as this is driving me crazy, been messing with settings for days, updated all drivers and still no luck!

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

PSVR is the only one that does 120 fps. The rest do either 60 or 90fps.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@numberz1: What's the CPU/GPU/RAM usage in-game with and without VR?

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

PSVR is the only one that does 120 fps. The rest do either 60 or 90fps.

that's not actual 120fps, it's 60fps interpolation, there are no 200hz tv's either

on topic: how does the cpu/gpu use look ingame?

stroker12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 stroker12
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I want this game!