Prey 2 is GTA in an Alien world.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingeliran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kingeliran
Member since 2005 • 1069 Posts

yep the interview i watched say it all, prey 2 going to be large open world choose missions buy things, with alien police that comes after you if you kill random people(aliens). things like that,

so this game goes from PURE fps Doom 3 like, to a GTA in fps in an alien world as a bounty hunter, thats something new :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

huh. You know that actually sounds really fantastic. So far anyways. Lets wait until we see it with our own eyes via a gameplay trailer.

Got a link to verify?

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

I like what I'm seeing of Prey 2 so far, especially the art direction. I think this is one of those few times when I think they need to go in a different direction for the sequel, because let's face it, Tommy's story was pretty much done and dusted by the end of Prey.

Anyway, I enjoyed the first game, and I enjoyed another game by Human Head - Rune. So I'm looking forward to Prey 2.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58557 Posts

sounds epic. Ive been waiting for a GTA like game that doesnt duplicate a real-life city. Suprised Star Wars has not done something like that yet.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

I like what I'm seeing of Prey 2 so far, especially the art direction. I think this is one of those few times when I think they need to go in a different direction for the sequel, because let's face it, Tommy's story was pretty much done and dusted by the end of Prey.

Anyway, I enjoyed the first game, and I enjoyed another game by Human Head - Rune. So I'm looking forward to Prey 2.

RobertBowen

I thought Prey was brilliant for your typical, Doom-like, sci-fi-horror shooter. Awesome enemies, cool guns, gore, brilliant level design, cinematic moments...doesnt get much better for a vanilla shooter.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Sign me up.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="RobertBowen"]

mrbojangles25

I thought Prey was brilliant for your typical, Doom-like, sci-fi-horror shooter. Awesome enemies, cool guns, gore, brilliant level design, cinematic moments...doesnt get much better for a vanilla shooter.

I also thought Prey was a good *shooter*. The portals, the spirit puzzles, the anit-gravity rooms and some of the vehicle sequences were fun.

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="RobertBowen"]

StrawberryHill

I also thought Prey was a good *shooter*. The portals, the spirit puzzles, the anit-gravity rooms and some of the vehicle sequences were fun.

Is a shame prey doesnt get credit for intoducing portals

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="StrawberryHill"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

killzonexbox

Thats because Portals were just doors in odd places. I thought the portals idea sounded really cool, but when I played it is was the least interesting part of the game. I liked the game, but it definitely wasn't for its special doors. And its not like Prey was the first game to use portals and probably not the first game to use the term portals.

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killzonexbox

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"]

[QUOTE="StrawberryHill"]

Agent_Kaliaver

Thats because Portals were just doors in odd places. I thought the portals idea sounded really cool, but when I played it is was the least interesting part of the game. I liked the game, but it definitely wasn't for its special doors. And its not like Prey was the first game to use portals and probably not the first game to use the term portals.

prey e3 1998..

portals

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"]

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"]

killzonexbox

prey e3 1998..

portals

thanks the gods they took their time to release it

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killzonexbox

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"]

[QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"] Thats because Portals were just doors in odd places. I thought the portals idea sounded really cool, but when I played it is was the least interesting part of the game. I liked the game, but it definitely wasn't for its special doors. And its not like Prey was the first game to use portals and probably not the first game to use the term portals.

mrbojangles25

prey e3 1998..

portals

and finally duke nukem forever is getting a released......

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"]

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"]

killzonexbox

prey e3 1998..

portals

Portals are still glorified teleporters. With that said, that was pretty nice back in 1998. I've got to say what a waste though, I mean 80% to 90% done with their technology and we can just see what good came out of that. Prey ended up not even using everything it did back then.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"]

prey e3 1998..

portals

killzonexbox

exactly, I expect great things from DNF

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killzonexbox

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

mrbojangles25

same here finally a shooter than stand up from the rest..I'm getting tired of all this generic Military shooter
RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"] and finally duke nukem forever is getting a released......

killzonexbox

same here finally a shooter than stand up from the rest..I'm getting tired of all this generic Military shooter

Amen to that! ;)

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killzonexbox

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

RobertBowen

Amen to that! ;)

amen brother....
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

It sounds more like STALKER than GTA. Also makes me think of Oddword Strangers Wrath for some reason. I'm looking forward to finding out more about this game though, it could be quite amazing.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Sounds like bethesda and their devs are reallypumping for some stellar fps out there. Between this, brink and rage i think we are going to be well served. I'm interested to see how the gameplay will look like, if they can keep the texture quality and lighting it will be pure win.

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 killzonexbox

Sounds like bethesda and their devs are reallypumping for some stellar fps out there. Between this, brink and rage i think we are going to be well served. I'm interested to see how the gameplay will look like, if they can keep the texture quality and lighting it will be pure win.

Masculus
remember those terminator 1990 games by Bethesda.......
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

sounds epic. Ive been waiting for a GTA like game that doesnt duplicate a real-life city. Suprised Star Wars has not done something like that yet.

mrbojangles25

ToR????

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

I'm disappointed that we won't be playing Tommy again. I actually enjoyed his character in the first game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

I'm disappointed that we won't be playing Tommy again. I actually enjoyed his character in the first game.

THGarrett
Me too.... hopefully he makes a cameo (or some reference to him for sure)
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="THGarrett"]

FelipeInside
Me too.... hopefully he makes a cameo (or some reference to him for sure)

DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, great NEWS !!!! Check out the STORY video from GameTrailers.com TOMMY IS IN THE GAME !!!!! And you run into him heaps of times (can't play as him though) I'm liking this story already....
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
this sounds quite creative!
Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="RobertBowen"]

StrawberryHill

Too bad the portals and spirit themes are gone :( still excited for the game though
killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 killzonexbox

Prey 2 has absolutely been inspired by Mirror's Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 060390
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"] and finally duke nukem forever is getting a released......

killzonexbox

Stil waiting for the FPS Earth No More!
killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killzonexbox

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Stil waiting for the FPS Earth No More!

that what i hate about scott miller, valve, and 3d realms they take forever to make a game...