Pre-order Cloth Map Skyrim

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tmus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tmus5
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts

I am from the UK and after watching the unboxing video i am wondering now if there is a cloth map at all, and i can find nowhere in which this has been confirmed/denied. Is there anyone who can confirm this at all, because to be honest if i dont get my cloth map i will just go to the midnight launch and get it there instead.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

I am from the UK and after watching the unboxing video i am wondering now if there is a cloth map at all, and i can find nowhere in which this has been confirmed/denied. Is there anyone who can confirm this at all, because to be honest if i dont get my cloth map i will just go to the midnight launch and get it there instead.

tmus5

I know Shopto.net and Amazon.co.uk are offering the cloth map, but you're right. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere but there. Not even GAME appear to be offering it and, despite having problems recently, they tend to be the retailer that grabs the special offers.

tmus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tmus5

I have pre-ordred mine from amazon so i am just going to hope that i recieve it next friday, it seems strange that is isnt more heavily advertised, i mean for me this is something that made me jump at the opportunity to own it the map quality is excellent for the elder scrolls. To have on in cloth for me just means i can frame it and display it

spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts
The place I preordered it from mentions that pre-orders comes with a map of the Skyrim world.
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

I have pre-ordred mine from amazon so i am just going to hope that i recieve it next friday, it seems strange that is isnt more heavily advertised, i mean for me this is something that made me jump at the opportunity to own it the map quality is excellent for the elder scrolls. To have on in cloth for me just means i can frame it and display it

tmus5
Amazon says that the item will be dispatched on nov 10th.. probly gonna arrive wed/thursday the following week after release :\
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="tmus5"]

alan_carter

Amazon says that the item will be dispatched on nov 10th.. probly gonna arrive wed/thursday the following week after release :\

They have a guaranteed release-date delivery program. You just have to make sure you select that option before you finalize your order. I'm guessing this also depends on the country where you're from. I'm from the U.S.

Also, for those from the United States that have used release-date delivery.. How reliable is it? Have you guys received your game on release date? I googled it and most, if not all people received their release-date delivery on time with rare cases where some people didn't get it on time.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
I remember when certain games came with cloth maps as a normal part of the package. No preorders necessary :(.
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alan_carter
I remember when certain games came with cloth maps as a normal part of the package. No preorders necessary :(. MythPro1
I guess that gta v preorders or limited edition would get a san andreas city guide.. just like the one that came in all copies of gta san andreas..
laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

i dont think it comes with a cloth one...i mean i got collectors and i didnt hear anything about it

Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Humorguy_basic
Member since 2002 • 2342 Posts

If in the UK and looking for a hard copy of the game on PC, I should let you know I have pre-ordered the game from bybygames.com for £23.99 on PC. Couldn't find cheaper, and they emailed me to say they have contacted their supplier to confirm they will get the bonus burlap maps for allpre-orders.

Generally, people in this thread are correct. As what retailer is going to say they won't get a map for every pre-order? Sure, the Amazon's of this world will get them. But I would rather save £4 on the game and take a chance! :)

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

i dont think it comes with a cloth one...i mean i got collectors and i didnt hear anything about it

laliberte11

Pre-orders from certain stores will get you a premium cloth map. I'm not sure about the Collector's Edition though.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/news/6321022/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-preorders-yield-cloth-map

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="alan_carter"][QUOTE="tmus5"]

Elann2008

They have a guaranteed release-date delivery program. You just have to make sure you select that option before you finalize your order. I'm guessing this also depends on the country where you're from. I'm from the U.S.

Also, for those from the United States that have used release-date delivery.. How reliable is it? Have you guys received your game on release date? I googled it and most, if not all people received their release-date delivery on time with rare cases where some people didn't get it on time.

I have ordered a few games from Amazon and chosen release-date delivery and have received every order on the day of release. I'm looking forward to the 11th.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
I asked gamestop a few days ago and they said if I got there early enough I would get one.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

The cloth map is included in the package separately, not in the game box. Bethesda did this with Brink's bandana earlier this year, for example.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

I remember when things like cloth maps just came standard.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

Born_Lucky
Yep :(.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

[QUOTE="Born_Lucky"]

MythPro1

Yep :(.

That was when games didn't ship 6 million copies in the first week though.

tmus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tmus5

[QUOTE="tmus5"]

alan_carter

I am sad enough to have bought it for release day haha cost an extra 5£ but worth it haha

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="alan_carter"] Amazon says that the item will be dispatched on nov 10th.. probly gonna arrive wed/thursday the following week after release :\StrawberryHill

I have ordered a few games from Amazon and chosen release-date delivery and have received every order on the day of release. I'm looking forward to the 11th.

Good to know. :) Either way, if I don't get it for some incredible reason on release-date, I'll buy it off direct2drive for $54, and ship the amazon.com copy back to them. I'm not going to waste the entire weekend while everyone else gets to play the game. :P

nameless125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nameless125
Member since 2010 • 199 Posts
Ozgameshop have run out of cloth maps for any AUssies, NZers who ordered. D: Check ya emails, you'll either get a full refund if you request it, or a $5 voucher for ozgameshop. Getting skyrim for technically $38 is pretty nice :)
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="StrawberryHill"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Elann2008

Good to know. :) Either way, if I don't get it for some incredible reason on release-date, I'll buy it off direct2drive for $54, and ship the amazon.com copy back to them. I'm not going to waste the entire weekend while everyone else gets to play the game. :P

Sounds like a good plan. Amazon is really good about returns, too, so either way you should be good. :)

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alan_carter

Amazon uk is sendin it on november 10th for me, with super free saver delivery... i guess it'll arrive next week after release.. i'm not too happy about having to wait, but meh, it's worth the money i save and also getting the cloth map