Post-Crysis hype depression, what's the next great game to wait for?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts
We had a huge run of great games in the past few months, and a lot of hype with Crysis leading up to a less than stellar game, but good nonetheless. What's the next great game you are waiting for that is coming out soon? For me it is Assassin's Creed.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

We had a huge run of great games in the past few months, and a lot of hype with Crysis leading up to a less than stellar game, but good nonetheless. What's the next great game you are waiting for that is coming out soon? For me it is Assassin's Creed.vfibsux

I have Assassin's Creed for 360 and it was fun for a while... The ending sucked though and the gameplay got a little repetitive, overall a pretty good game though. And Crysis is a much better game. I thought Crysis was phenomenal.

Avatar image for silentassasin05
silentassasin05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 silentassasin05
Member since 2004 • 658 Posts
Yeah, im getting my new beast PC. And im looking forward to Assassins Creed & Alan Wake.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts
Starcraft II. Maybe Far Cry 2 or even Project Offset if is launched the next year, but probably Starcraft II will ne next "monster". Anyway it will be some good high profiles games as Clear Sky or Alan Wake -sadly this last one only under Vista, meh-.
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

Crysis less than a stellar game?! lol...

Some of you people will never be satisfied and will always look at the cup half empty. Crysis and it's engine are a landmark in gaming history. You play the newest games and then get bored and start looking for another game...it will never stop for you.

Impulsive20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Impulsive20
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts

Frontlines fuel of war

Brothers in arms hellshighway

An Huxley

Are the main ones i mlooking forward to

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
StarCraft II and Spore.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
Battlefield 3! WOOT
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
Well, if you thought Crysis was great then you probably won't have any problems.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Some of you people will never be satisfied and will always look at the cup half empty. Crysis and it's engine are a landmark in gaming history. You play the newest games and then get bored and start looking for another game...it will never stop for you.

A1B2C3CAL

And some of you will always equate good looking games as good games. And that is not always the case. Crysis was a mediocre game that looked great.

TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TeamR
Member since 2002 • 1817 Posts

I thought crysis was great :(

Keep in mind, I don't usually get caught up in hype. I keep my expectations LOW so i'm not dissapointed by games that don't live up tounrealistic expectations. I've got alot of experienced with FPS games though. from doom to quake to crysis and everything inbetween. I liked crysis. I thought the SP campaign was top notch, and the graphics were obviously amazing. The suit added enough to the open ended gameplay to keep me satisfied. I thought it was a great experience.

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

I thought Crysis was superb also, both in gameplay and in graphics! Best of the year IMO.

There were alot of good titles this year though. And there are a number of other titles that were disappointing: Hellgate: London, Bioshock, etc

True, there's nothing with the hype of Crysis coming out next year. But there are some definitely some promising titles on the way though, maybe some will turn out great:) e.g. Project Origin, Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, etc

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
[QUOTE="A1B2C3CAL"]

Johnny_Rock

And some of you will always equate good looking games as good games. And that is not always the case. Crysis was a mediocre game that looked great.

I have never judged a game by graphics alone and to do so would be wrong. My opinion is that Crysis will age like a fine wine and get better while peoples hardware catches up to it. I run Crysis without a hitch at a custom setting of Very High and High and a strong 40-55 fps. I have run the game on a 7800GT 3.4GHz 2GB solid 20FPS single core and the game ran smooth...Crysis is optimized very well. Alot of people having problems just don't know how to defrag or the meaning of the word.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
[QUOTE="A1B2C3CAL"]

Johnny_Rock

crysis is a great game. it looking great was just a bonus

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
I'd not really thought that far ahead.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
[QUOTE="A1B2C3CAL"]

Johnny_Rock

Funny how somebody comments on how great the engine is and somebody always think they are just referring to just the graphics.

DrJ0NES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrJ0NES
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts
I thought the moderators wanted all discussion of the game crysis in the official sticky thread at the top of the page. This thread seems to be flamebait anyways..if you don't like crysis fine but why start a thread backhandedly trolling the game?
Avatar image for splintercell989
splintercell989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 splintercell989
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts
Crysis is great for the open ended gameplay it offered. Also people constantly bash the AI but for not being a linear shooter I thought it was great even if it had its problems. The graphics werent everything for the game. It was simply an amazing game.
robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
the game was flawed because the actual gameplay was not that fun. The idea was great, but it was not fun to me. The guns seemed very weak and at times I thought I was shooting a staple gun. I'd blast away at koreans and they'd stand there and fire back at me with perfect aim. That was my biggest qualm with the game, the shootouts weren't that great.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts

The guns seemed very weak and at times I thought I was shooting a staple gun. I'd blast away at koreans and they'd stand there and fire back at me with perfect aim. That was my biggest qualm with the game, the shootouts weren't that great.robokill

Take that silencer off and aim for the head. Anyways i'm not sure what kind of game play you like in your FPS, maybe you just enjoy linear shooters that hold your hand through the game?

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

I really liked the openess of the game. That part where you can drive through the marshes was really cool. And I hate linear fps'es, couldn't even finish COD4. I like gunplay like in halflife or fear where when you shoot a guy it actually seems like there are bullets coming out of your gun and not beebees.

-PS360-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -PS360-
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
crysis was amazing farcry 2 is up next then maybe fallout3 or spore/starcraft 2. For the 360 there isnt much coming up that intrest me tho unfortunetly
OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts

Fallout 3..

Enough said..

It's looking and sounding good...

Taking back the earth one mutant at a time...

JJ_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JJ_1
Member since 2004 • 911 Posts

Crysis is one of my favorite game of all time. It's right up there with Half-Life in my opinion.

BTW: It's not just about graphics, one thing that stands out for me is the sandbox like feel and the amazing physics.

J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 J-REAL
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
Far Cry 2
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

Far Cry 2

Spore

Starcraft 2

BiA HH

gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

We had a huge run of great games in the past few months, and a lot of hype with Crysis leading up to a less than stellar game, but good nonetheless. What's the next great game you are waiting for that is coming out soon? For me it is Assassin's Creed.vfibsux

i've been playing Assassins Creed on PS3. honestly its really good, but its not anything to get fully psyched about. its kinda repetetive. still worth a look thats for sure.

for me, i thought Crysis was the best single player game i've ever played since Half Life came out in like '98 or watever. and i been playing FPS games since Wolfenstein 3D.

now that i've finished it, i only really have Gears of War PC to play. so i went out and got a Nintendo Wii and now a PS3 and i have all the gaming goodness i need. Super Mario Galaxy, Racthet and Clank, skate, Zelda etc etc.

i highly recommend to all PC gamers, especially those with good systems pumping out awesome graphics, go grab yourself a Nintendo Wii. they are cheap, great for a laugh with mates but they are also really really good fun to play on your own. they have lots of awesome games, the graphics are pretty poo i'll admit, but thats what the PC is for. will satisfy most dire gaming needs. unless you're a strict FPS gamer, then best avoiding consoles obviously..IMO anyway.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Let's keep Crysis in the sticky . . all of it. ;)