*POLL* So who do you think makes the best computer cases?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LTZH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 LTZH
Member since 2003 • 2704 Posts
I gota go with coolermaster.
TrailorParkBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TrailorParkBoy
Member since 2006 • 2922 Posts
Ultra makes good ones, not like Ferrari good but like extremely cheap yet still look and work good ones.
Munkyman587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Munkyman587
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
I like Antec cases just because I have never had an issue with it. The Cooler Master that claimed to have some of the same capabilities of the antec 900 cost way too much for me = /
Master_Kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Master_Kev
Member since 2007 • 370 Posts
Ive always been a fan of the antec cases. But the one I have now is pretty good but i dont know about there other cases.
lrgcjg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lrgcjg
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts

Ive always been a fan of the antec cases. But the one I have now is pretty good but i dont know about there other cases.Master_Kev

Yea, the lanboy was perfect I wish they had come up with a good successor to it.

doomsdaydave11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 doomsdaydave11
Member since 2006 • 1159 Posts
Generic. Buy a $20 case and pop a decent power supply in there. Buying really expensive cases is a waste of money in my opinion. What difference does it make if your case has LEDs or not? I am only bent in spending money on performance, not glam. Spend the extra cash on more RAM or w/e; not lights.
pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts
I like both coolermaster and antec but voted for coolermaster as that is what i have now
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
i have built using 2 cooler masters and one ultra. all were great cases
LTZH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 LTZH
Member since 2003 • 2704 Posts
for me it isnt so much visual, but good air cooling and non-plastic. I like real solid materials.
AARONRULZ1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 AARONRULZ1
Member since 2006 • 6273 Posts
Generic. Buy a $20 case and pop a decent power supply in there. Buying really expensive cases is a waste of money in my opinion. What difference does it make if your case has LEDs or not? I am only bent in spending money on performance, not glam. Spend the extra cash on more RAM or w/e; not lights.doomsdaydave11
Same here.
Avatar image for TugboatTheGreat
TugboatTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 TugboatTheGreat
Member since 2007 • 646 Posts
Lian Li makes some very nice cases.
Avatar image for My_name_a_Borat
My_name_a_Borat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 My_name_a_Borat
Member since 2007 • 762 Posts

Silverstone, because I've always been an HTPC enthusiast.

There's nothing like a Silverstone case to match with the DVD player, AV receiver, etc. They're bloody awesome.

Much better-looking and far quieter than those damn gaming PC cases.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Either Silverstone or Lian-Li for me. Their cases are just so well thought out, stuff like Antec (using a P180B here) can generally only compete on price in the end.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17807 Posts

This is my tower.

i found it quite nice in terms of putting everythign in. keeps everything nice and cool too. my only complaint is that getting big graphics cards in can be a bit tight. not too loud either despite the number of fans which is nice (though it aint silent by any means).

JD138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JD138
Member since 2002 • 256 Posts
Lian Li makes some very nice cases. TugboatTheGreat
Ditto. Funny anecdote: A couple years ago I brought my midtower case downstairs to work on under the kitchen table light and a friend of my roommates told me that it was huge and must be really old because he hadn't seen a case that big in years. I told him it wasn't that old and that it was pretty average size for a gaming pc.
QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 QuattroRS6
Member since 2004 • 160 Posts
I have an Antec 900 right now that i love. I got it for its great air cooling. But of all the cases ive used myself the coolermaster ones had the best build quality and ease of install hardware etc. Coolermasters new Cosmos case is quite amazing.
Munkyman587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Munkyman587
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts

[QUOTE="doomsdaydave11"]Generic. Buy a $20 case and pop a decent power supply in there. Buying really expensive cases is a waste of money in my opinion. What difference does it make if your case has LEDs or not? I am only bent in spending money on performance, not glam. Spend the extra cash on more RAM or w/e; not lights.AARONRULZ1
Same here.

I don't know if thats the best idea. A lot of "generic" cases become ovens for your new components. My friend a cheap case, and when he looked at the temps I was getting, bought an antec 900 and switched out all his components. I think he got like an apevia(sp??) with the temp gauge and windowed side.

ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ChevelleFan
Member since 2004 • 1783 Posts
Silverstone all the way if you can afford it. The fact that their cases are used by Falcon Northwest is a testament to their quality of build. Otherwise I would say go with Thermaltake because they make very good quality cases (though their LED lights and flashy style may put some off). As for coolermaster, they really only have budget cases besides the stacker which is what makes it popular because it is one of the best cases ever built, but other then that all you really have to choose fromis variations of the centurion.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

probaly Antec because my local fry's has the antec 900 for $80 with no rebates for like 1week every month and i really don't like spending over $100 on a case

AARONRULZ1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 AARONRULZ1
Member since 2006 • 6273 Posts

[QUOTE="AARONRULZ1"][QUOTE="doomsdaydave11"]Generic. Buy a $20 case and pop a decent power supply in there. Buying really expensive cases is a waste of money in my opinion. What difference does it make if your case has LEDs or not? I am only bent in spending money on performance, not glam. Spend the extra cash on more RAM or w/e; not lights.Munkyman587

Same here.

I don't know if thats the best idea. A lot of "generic" cases become ovens for your new components. My friend a cheap case, and when he looked at the temps I was getting, bought an antec 900 and switched out all his components. I think he got like an apevia(sp??) with the temp gauge and windowed side.

Then get THIS case and stop *****ing about temps,has 120mm fan.
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
I use the Nemesis Elite by NZXT and it provides more than acceptable temps. The most recent computer I built was housed in the Mystique by CoolerMaster. It was also a nice case to work with.
doomsdaydave11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 doomsdaydave11
Member since 2006 • 1159 Posts

[QUOTE="AARONRULZ1"][QUOTE="doomsdaydave11"]Generic. Buy a $20 case and pop a decent power supply in there. Buying really expensive cases is a waste of money in my opinion. What difference does it make if your case has LEDs or not? I am only bent in spending money on performance, not glam. Spend the extra cash on more RAM or w/e; not lights.Munkyman587

Same here.

You know what I mean. :) Just a cheap case that I can put a decent powersupply in. Right now I have a $25 antec that came with a few vents and a 60MM fan in the back. Hasn't failed me for over a year.

Jux_Zeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jux_Zeil
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts
Modders!:twisted:
blank_wave13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blank_wave13
Member since 2006 • 349 Posts
I really like my case, but I also like Coolmasters. I went with the one in my sig cause it was cheaper and I modded it with more fans.
RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts
While I agree that flashiness isn't the most important thing in a case, the $20 budget cases are definitely of exceedingly low build quality, and therefore not desirable in the least for me. Give me thick, high-quality aluminum any day. Overall I'd have to say Lian-Li has the best cases on the market, although there are quite a few companies with very good units as well, especially Silverstone. For some people looks may not matter, but there's nothing like having a nice showpiece case to get people interested in having you build something similar.