Please intel fanboys...

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrOAng0kdQ I would have put this in the "Unbiased CPU Review" Thread, but it was locked. I know it's been beaten into the ground, but please Intel fanboys, stop putting Intel up on such a high pedestal, they are not a million times better than AMD. Just stop.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I do all that stuff plus I game. I'm still going Intel for my next PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

I don't think anyone denied that AMD can compete in multithreaded tasks like video rendering. It is the performance in games that people are talking about, which AMD CPUs are usually weaker compared to the intel's offerings. That is not to say that AMD CPUs can't play games fine, i have an 8120 myself and it is a great gaming CPU, but i know that in practically all games it is weaker than a sandy or ivy quad.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AlexKidd5000

jun_aka_pekto
I doubt you'll see much of a difference either way.
AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AlexKidd5000

I don't think anyone denied that AMD can compete in multithreaded tasks like video rendering. It the performance in games that people are talking about, which AMD CPUs are usually weaker compared to the intel's offerings. That is not to say that AMD CPUs can't play games fine, i have an 8120 myself and it is a great gaming CPU, but i know that in practically all games it is weaker than a sandy or ivy quad.

ferret-gamer
The question is, is that 10 to 20% performance increase worth the extra 100 to 200, and sometimes 300 to 400 bucks? I personally don't think it is.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

With the sub-$100 Pentiums performing so well, Intel's $125 Core i3-2100 easily beats more expensive Phenom II and FX models. And the $190 Core i5-2400 dominates the sub-$200 landscape without challenge, really. As such, we're almost-shockingly left without an AMD CPU to recommend at any price point.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AlexKidd5000
I tend not to trust reviews anymore. Intel can easily buy them off.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
I tend not to trust reviews anymore. Intel can easily buy them off.AlexKidd5000
Sure Amd could buy that dude
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

Unless you are playing single threaded based games there's not a real big difference after a set resolution where the gpu is most important

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

With the sub-$100 Pentiums performing so well, Intel's $125 Core i3-2100 easily beats more expensive Phenom II and FX models. And the $190 Core i5-2400 dominates the sub-$200 landscape without challenge, really. As such, we're almost-shockingly left without an AMD CPU to recommend at any price point

MonsieurX
Are they seriously recommending Pentiums over AMD quads? That is just stupid unless you only play really old games, they are not future proof at all. And a FX 6100 or 6300 is a way better overall CPU than an i3, they generally perform perfectly fine in gaming, maybe a tad slower, and are much better in applications.
AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlexKidd5000
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]

With the sub-$100 Pentiums performing so well, Intel's $125 Core i3-2100 easily beats more expensive Phenom II and FX models. And the $190 Core i5-2400 dominates the sub-$200 landscape without challenge, really. As such, we're almost-shockingly left without an AMD CPU to recommend at any price point

ferret-gamer
Are they seriously recommending Pentiums over AMD quads? That is just stupid unless you only play really old games, they are not future proof at all. And a FX 6100 or 6300 is a way better overall CPU than an i3, they generally perform perfectly fine in gaming, maybe a tad slower, and are much better in applications.

Not to mention, I remember Toms Hardware were extremely intel biased.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"]

AlexKidd5000

Not to mention, I remember Toms Hardware were extremely intel biased.

Seriously, pentiums are horrible gaming CPUs. They might be able have a decent average framerate on certain games, but they are spastically all over the place. As new games come out that focus more on multithreading they will just fall further and further behind.

Get a newer demanding game that is properly multithreaded like BF3 or Crysis 2/3 and this happens:

bf3-beyond-16.gif

crysis-beyond-50.gif

It might get decent average framerate but will have terrible frametime issues.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

[QUOTE="AlexKidd5000"]I tend not to trust reviews anymore. Intel can easily buy them off.MonsieurX
Sure Amd could buy that dude

...and ionus :D.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

AlexKidd5000

I doubt you'll see much of a difference either way.

Looking around, I wasn't aware Vishera was already out. We'll see what else AMD comes up with later this year. If I can buy a Vishera (or something newer) significantly cheaper, I may consider it.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I tend not to trust reviews anymore. Intel can easily buy them off.AlexKidd5000
Lol the fanboy excuse.. Where's my tinfoil hat, I'm sure I left it next to my cyanide pill for when the government try to kidnap me for brain experiments. Oh wait I left it at my underground bunker with my vampire hunting equipment.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

I just always go with amd because higher clock speed for less $ and it just always works for me never had any problems with amd. but i would not mind an intel rig. it might sound weird but when i go to my friends house (he has a core 2 quad 2.3 yadda yadda) it seems to have a different personality. fear 2 loads faster on his rig. i dont know how thats possible but it does. but i like both companies. if intel was cheaper i would buy intels most likely

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlexKidd5000
[QUOTE="AlexKidd5000"]I tend not to trust reviews anymore. Intel can easily buy them off.JohnF111
Lol the fanboy excuse.. Where's my tinfoil hat, I'm sure I left it next to my cyanide pill for when the government try to kidnap me for brain experiments. Oh wait I left it at my underground bunker with my vampire hunting equipment.

Review sites can, and have been payed, I don't care what you say about it. I'll take actual performance tests from actual unbiased people thank you. Hell, gamespot gets payed from time to time to give a game a good review. And I'm not a fanboy, but you yourself sound like one.
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I just always go with amd because higher clock speed for less $ and it just always works for me never had any problems with amd. but i would not mind an intel rig. it might sound weird but when i go to my friends house (he has a core 2 quad 2.3 yadda yadda) it seems to have a different personality. fear 2 loads faster on his rig. i dont know how thats possible but it does. but i like both companies. if intel was cheaper i would buy intels most likely

_SKatEDiRt_

Could be ssd or other factors.

You can grab an intel setup $190 3570k or $220 i7 2700k + $40 discount off motherboards at microcenter.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonsieurX

_SKatEDiRt_
Clock speeds meann nothing
Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

dude, AMD cpus suck for gaming, its the facts.  Games arent going to wait for AMD to catch up, either they copete or sell out to a competent company like Google who knows what they're doing.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

MonsieurX

What I was about to say! Clock speed is just 1 factor, and not the most important one either.
Barujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Barujin
Member since 2009 • 308 Posts

_SKatEDiRt_

That's interresting to hear. I remember way back before 1GHz was surpassed (yes, the stone ages), AMD CPUs seemed the same way. They had a strange lagginess that Intel's didn't have.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JohnF111
[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="AlexKidd5000"]I tend not to trust reviews anymore. Intel can easily buy them off.AlexKidd5000

Review sites can, and have been payed, I don't care what you say about it. I'll take actual performance tests from actual unbiased people thank you. Hell, gamespot gets payed from time to time to give a game a good review. And I'm not a fanboy, but you yourself sound like one.

So the courts don't know about this but some dude on a gaming forum knows it for sure? Yeah whatever... You're just a fanboy who looks at every benchmark and if Intel is at the top then of course Intel bought off the review. You do realize there are about a million reviews done every single day on thousands of websites in every language? That would require an entire department at Intel to manage all those numbers and money, get your head out of your ass dude and grow up. You just sound pathetic when you use that excuse, whether it's an AMD or Intel fanboy, it's just as pathetic either way.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 04dcarraher

dude, AMD cpus suck for gaming, its the facts.  Games arent going to wait for AMD to catch up, either they copete or sell out to a competent company like Google who knows what they're doing.

blaznwiipspman1

Your such a tool, O yes their so bad :roll: a three year old cpu design keeping up with intel.... As long as the games are multithreaded and games are gpu prone you will not usually see the difference above a set resolution

Untitled-4.png

Untitled-9.png

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AlexKidd5000
[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="AlexKidd5000"][QUOTE="JohnF111"] Lol the fanboy excuse.. Where's my tinfoil hat, I'm sure I left it next to my cyanide pill for when the government try to kidnap me for brain experiments. Oh wait I left it at my underground bunker with my vampire hunting equipment.

So the courts don't know about this but some dude on a gaming forum knows it for sure? Yeah whatever... You're just a fanboy who looks at every benchmark and if Intel is at the top then of course Intel bought off the review. You do realize there are about a million reviews done every single day on thousands of websites in every language? That would require an entire department at Intel to manage all those numbers and money, get your head out of your ass dude and grow up. You just sound pathetic when you use that excuse, whether it's an AMD or Intel fanboy, it's just as pathetic either way.

No, not a fanboy, I'm not denying intel is better, just not by the huge lightyear wide margins that idiot Intel fanboys are claiming. But when a reviewer can't recommend any AMD CPUs at ANY price point, I call massive amounts of BS. And your naive if you don't think popular review sites don't get paid from time to time to make a brand look better than it's competitor. I only read reviews that can be trusted, and if Intel happens to come out on top by a large margin in those reviews, then thats that.
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts
Why do people care so much? Every benchmark that gives AMD the edge is by a very small margin in very select benchmarks. It's not like a make or break difference. When I was building my rig, I did consider an FX 8150, but the 3570k was faster and I had some extra cash so I went with it. Had the 8350 been out at the time, I probably would have bought that.
AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AlexKidd5000
[QUOTE="Plagueless"]Why do people care so much? Every benchmark that gives AMD the edge is by a very small margin in very select benchmarks. It's not like a make or break difference. When I was building my rig, I did consider an FX 8150, but the 3570k was faster and I had some extra cash so I went with it. Had the 8350 been out at the time, I probably would have bought that.

Thats what I'm saying, the differences are minimal. And I'm just annoyed at all the people making it seem like it's a night and day difference.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JohnF111
[QUOTE="AlexKidd5000"][QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="AlexKidd5000"] Review sites can, and have been payed, I don't care what you say about it. I'll take actual performance tests from actual unbiased people thank you. Hell, gamespot gets payed from time to time to give a game a good review. And I'm not a fanboy, but you yourself sound like one.

No, not a fanboy, I'm not denying intel is better, just not by the huge lightyear wide margins that idiot Intel fanboys are claiming. But when a reviewer can't recommend any AMD CPUs at ANY price point, I call massive amounts of BS. And your naive if you don't think popular review sites don't get paid from time to time to make a brand look better than it's competitor. I only read reviews that can be trusted, and if Intel happens to come out on top by a large margin in those reviews, then thats that.

I agree that some reviewers don't recommend AMD chips at all which is just idiotic, still can't believe you still think review sites get bought off. If there is to be any truth to that at all then it would be Intel paying these sites to send some people over to see new products or attend conventions to ensure their product makes it onto big sites. Even then the only thing I have heard is that Intel give people a prepaid card with some money on it in order to buy food and necessities and those people just go to a store and buy things instead of buying food. The hotels they attend generally cost a lot for 3 meals and a few snacks, like $40 a meal and over 3 days that can be quite a bit of money so Intel just throw them a card with $300 on it. Hardly "paying off" the websites to get better reviews.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="AlexKidd5000"][QUOTE="JohnF111"] So the courts don't know about this but some dude on a gaming forum knows it for sure? Yeah whatever... You're just a fanboy who looks at every benchmark and if Intel is at the top then of course Intel bought off the review. You do realize there are about a million reviews done every single day on thousands of websites in every language? That would require an entire department at Intel to manage all those numbers and money, get your head out of your ass dude and grow up. You just sound pathetic when you use that excuse, whether it's an AMD or Intel fanboy, it's just as pathetic either way.

I agree that some reviewers don't recommend AMD chips at all which is just idiotic, still can't believe you still think review sites get bought off. If there is to be any truth to that at all then it would be Intel paying these sites to send some people over to see new products or attend conventions to ensure their product makes it onto big sites. Even then the only thing I have heard is that Intel give people a prepaid card with some money on it in order to buy food and necessities and those people just go to a store and buy things instead of buying food. The hotels they attend generally cost a lot for 3 meals and a few snacks, like $40 a meal and over 3 days that can be quite a bit of money so Intel just throw them a card with $300 on it. Hardly "paying off" the websites to get better reviews.

Intels knows no bounds, they do shady practices and have been caught and fined multiple times. I wouldn't put it past them paying off certain review places to give higher then average results.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
Yeah, I think a lot of folks who own AMD CPUs are aware that intel has a little more muscle packed in their lineup of processors, but at the same time, the AMD products that they own get the job done, and are also lighter on the wallet.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _SKatEDiRt_

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

dramaybaz

What I was about to say! Clock speed is just 1 factor, and not the most important one either.

okay go set your cpu multiplier in half and see what happens if clock speed means nothing. :roll:

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 _SKatEDiRt_

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

Bikouchu35

Could be ssd or other factors.

You can grab an intel setup $190 3570k or $220 i7 2700k + $40 discount off motherboards at microcenter.

no we both have same HDD and his is prebuilt with a gt120

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dramaybaz

[QUOTE="dramaybaz"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Clock speeds meann nothing_SKatEDiRt_

okay go set your cpu multiplier in half and see what happens if clock speed means nothing. :roll:

Except it will be on the same processor, obviously it will go down..
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

I have thought about upgrading my CPU lately, but I know that my 1100T can still hold up today and I'm glad that I made a good purchase.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

i heard the cinebench slows down on purpose when you are using a amd cpu is that true?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Jesus christ OP, are you that butthurt? Did Intel piss in your cereal every morning?
AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AlexKidd5000
Jesus christ OP, are you that butthurt? Did Intel piss in your cereal every morning?clyde46
Intel would piss in my cheerios the first chance they got! I'm sure of it!
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dramaybaz
Intel already pays Cheerios manufacturers to let them piss in the mix.
AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AlexKidd5000
NO! that can't true!!!
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

blaznwiipspman1
Please stop using hyperboles.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jun_aka_pekto

I'm very fond of Far Cry 3. So, here.

The older AMD CPUs definitely fall behind. But, the Vishera restored my confidence in AMD. And if Vishera keeps a price advantage, I'm definitely sticking with AMD now unlike earlier last year.

CPU-scaling.png

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Back in the olden days we would discuss what processors to get at what price point, now everyone just suggests a $220 processor no matter what anyone's needs are.  this is ridiculous and either these people are all intel viral marketers or braindead.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Back in the olden days we would discuss what processors to get at what price point, now everyone just suggests a $220 processor no matter what anyone's needs are.  this is ridiculous and either these people are all intel viral marketers or braindead.

GummiRaccoon
that's when cpus were expensive 220$ is not a lot unless poor
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

JigglyWiggly_

But everyone is out of a job now and has had their house foreclosed.  Besides wasting money is pointless.  I could buy a dozen alienware rigs right now, but what's the point?

I mean, people kind of get the concept, I don't see any 3770k recommendations over the 3570k.  +33% cost for +~5% performance  but why stop there?  If you game at 1080p or do other things than gaming you will not see a difference between a 3570k and an 8350 or an 8320.  The main reasons to get an intel cpu over an AMD cpu is never even argued.  (quicksync, smart response, etc)

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 _SKatEDiRt_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

But everyone is out of a job now and has had their house foreclosed.  Besides wasting money is pointless.  I could buy a dozen alienware rigs right now, but what's the point?

I mean, people kind of get the concept, I don't see any 3770k recommendations over the 3570k.  +33% cost for +~5% performance  but why stop there?  If you game at 1080p or do other things than gaming you will not see a difference between a 3570k and an 8350 or an 8320.  The main reasons to get an intel cpu over an AMD cpu is never even argued.  (quicksync, smart response, etc)

obviously your not out of a job or forclosed. :roll: i on the otherhand have been unemployed for a year and a half

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JigglyWiggly_
that's fine, zubin and I do similar thing, except the bar is higher for acceptable. he has a 2600k@5.1ghz. We tend to buy high enough end products that will max out games at around 120+ fps on med. He has a gtx 590, and I have a 670. I mean he could get 2xgtx690s if he wanted too, but he doesn't. Instead he just gets about a new mousepad per day lol, or a new mouse. He is buying every single Artisan mousepad, and there's like 10 of them and they're all 40$ each lol. My friend antero's collection looks like this. Zubin's is bigger though.  But anything to improve that mouseaim. Here is me for instance, zubin gets the exact same score. He is more consistent. 20k is what your average person does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw3zic08rxo&t=55s

*CollisionFaux: holy sh1t that's insane *CollisionFaux: are you asian?? JigglyWiggly@3dslice.net: idunomen

dhat
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GummiRaccoon

whose signature is that on the baseball?

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
Holy Mouse Collection Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Who needs that many mice?
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JigglyWiggly_

zubin probably has double/three times as much mice as antero
here's what I got though.
3x wheel mouse opticals
3x razer abyssus
2x g9x's
1x m210 mouse
1x razer lachesis
1x g5
2x m518

I probably have a few more
zubin gets all the mice and tests them by their sensor. So far he has found the deathadder sensor is by far the best. Abyssus has the same sensor, but half of them have jitter.
He hates/despises the g9x sensor, but likes the grip.

He uses 108cm/360 which is insanely low and plays dragshot style, so for him a sensor is more important.

I use 28cm/360 and sensor isn't as important as grip.
I use the g9x with no shell.

My style is accel based snapping w/ good dodge more than dragshots. (Hint zubin was the worst quake live player of all time, 108cm/360 in quake live? wat)

now if they made a g9x with the deathadder sensor...
(But even I can tell the g9x sensor isn't as good as my abyssus)

although antero isn't that good even though he has like 1500 hackusations(yes 1500). Me and zubin played him and fisher in tribes and we smacked them with our manly gamestyle.

Although fisherolol has better mouseaim than both of us, but he probably has the best mouseaim in all of north america. We still beat him badly because fisherolol refuses to learn how to dodge. (He gets like 75k in aim40kg vs our 73.5~)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qgjxbsRjYo that's fisher

but yes, you have to go through a lot of mice to see what suits you best. I need more grip than fisher/zubin, they use extremely low sensitivity.

to give you a perspective

it takes me 3/4 of my mousepad with no accel to do a 360(this is the razer goliathus control large, a giant mousepad)

it takes zubin like 4 whole giant mousepads to do a 360

oh and all of our mouseaim is better than fatal1ty's(except antero). But if arena shooters were simply just handeye, then that would be boring.

also this

ZubinRC314: it reminds me more of when I tried to convince Levi to stop using 6cm/360
ZubinRC314: 6.7cm/360*
JigglyWiggly@3dslice.net: what
JigglyWiggly@3dslice.net: 6.7cm/360
JigglyWiggly@3dslice.net: wat
JigglyWiggly@3dslice.net: what is this gamespot
ZubinRC314: nah
ZubinRC314: I'm sure gs has people that consider that low sens
ZubinRC314: > : |
JigglyWiggly@3dslice.net: LOL