Please Help me name that game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProvenLinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProvenLinx
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Ok, this is truly my last resort. i have searched on every search engine and thought of every way to describe it, but i can not find this game. Please oh mighty gamespot forumers...... help me. I could have sworn this game was called 'Project Aeros' or 'Project Aeiros'......or 'Project Something'.... nothing= what i found so, let me describe it to you. it was around 1998, give or take a year (1997-1999) it was like a real time strategy game, with the overhead view. kinda like command&conquer-style you had humvees and soldiers.. and you would harvest resources with an 'ore sniffer' the cool part of the game is when you complete a mission you would return to this "Office" where you could access different things. one thing was where you could hire scientists and assign them to research different units, weapons, vehicles, and stuff another thing you could access was this "stock market" screen with a list of different made-up companies that you could buy stock in. and you had a date & time in the game that you could advance one day at a time. This would generate "stock market" changes when you advanced a day. advancing in time would also eventually generate a mission that had a temporary window to accept, and you could accept missions or not accept them. if you accepted one it would go back to the "overhead RTS" -style game and you could build any new things your scientists researched. What was that game........ Someone please help! you will be the gamming guru if you name this !!!!!
haafie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 haafie
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

Sounds incredibly like War Inc. (nothing like project something-other-or-the-other) but it had all the things you listed AND is from 1997.

spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

I can't say it sounds familiar but you can try look in gamespots game list if you havn't already. www.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=5&category=Real-Time+Strategy&mode=all&sort=release&dlx_type=all&sortdir=desc&official=all&page=1

twistedface12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 twistedface12
Member since 2011 • 227 Posts
[QUOTE="ProvenLinx"]Ok, this is truly my last resort. i have searched on every search engine and thought of every way to describe it, but i can not find this game. Please oh mighty gamespot forumers...... help me. I could have sworn this game was called 'Project Aeros' or 'Project Aeiros'......or 'Project Something'.... nothing= what i found so, let me describe it to you. it was around 1998, give or take a year (1997-1999) it was like a real time strategy game, with the overhead view. kinda like command&conquer-style you had humvees and soldiers.. and you would harvest resources with an 'ore sniffer' the cool part of the game is when you complete a mission you would return to this "Office" where you could access different things. one thing was where you could hire scientists and assign them to research different units, weapons, vehicles, and stuff another thing you could access was this "stock market" screen with a list of different made-up companies that you could buy stock in. and you had a date & time in the game that you could advance one day at a time. This would generate "stock market" changes when you advanced a day. advancing in time would also eventually generate a mission that had a temporary window to accept, and you could accept missions or not accept them. if you accepted one it would go back to the "overhead RTS" -style game and you could build any new things your scientists researched. What was that game........ Someone please help! you will be the gamming guru if you name this !!!!!

could it be generals?
ProvenLinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ProvenLinx
Haafie...... you are THE mutherfunkin PC Game Guru!!!!!!!! Thank you so much! in 98 i had a friend who came back from a vacation in Thailand and he gave me a CD that he bought at a "market". this CD had a bunch of different game installers on it. one game was Rainbow Six (the original) and one game....i swear was called Project Aeiros.... but it was most definitely War Inc. again you are the man!
ProvenLinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ProvenLinx
OMG i advise everyone to find this game and play it!
haafie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 haafie
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

No problem, I absolutely loved it back in the day, gravity tanks et al.

ProvenLinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ProvenLinx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Inc. apparently it was called "Project Airos" in Australia and Germany......