Play Worthy Games for Low-End PCs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by YewBacca (25 posts) -
Hi, I was wondering if any of you could give me a list (or not a list) of games/game that has a good storyline and playability without it looking like cardboard. Now these games don't have to be TOO low end, but pretty low end considering my graphics card on this computer is default and I receive my other computer 4 months from today. My graphics card is: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE / nForce 430 (default)-pretty horrible. A few games NOT to include are the following: 1. Dungeon Sieges 2. Mafia 3. Torchlight. 4. ^Any Diablo Related Games that are click to move. From recent experience on this PC i can confirm that I have ran the following games on lowest setting but still at a decent framerate: Killing Floor, WoW, FEAR, Portal, and Counter Strike. Many thanks in advance!
#2 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

just get a 35 dollar card.. im serious it would do you a world of good.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerColor-Radeon-PCI-Express-AX3450-256MD2-HV2/dp/B0043VD56I/ref=sr_1_25?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1299692810&sr=1-25

im talking going from REALLY old games to being able to play the major titles of 06

i was playing on tha ones sister the hd 2400pro (about 5% worse preformance) and i was playing Rainbow 6 Vegas on medium, oblivion on medium, dawn of war 1 on high, guildwars on high, css on medium, painkiller on medium, and a host of others.

#3 Posted by YewBacca (25 posts) -
I believe that reply is straying away from my initial question.
#4 Posted by poisonelf1 (93 posts) -

Someone posted this not long ago, that might be a better help for you, what you can play.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx

#5 Posted by Lucianu (10283 posts) -

Hi, I was wondering if any of you could give me a list (or not a list) of games/game that has a good storyline and playability without it looking like cardboard. Now these games don't have to be TOO low end, but pretty low end considering my graphics card on this computer is default and I receive my other computer 4 months from today. My graphics card is: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE / nForce 430 (default)-pretty horrible. A few games NOT to include are the following: 1. Dungeon Sieges 2. Mafia 3. Torchlight. 4. ^Any Diablo Related Games that are click to move. From recent experience on this PC i can confirm that I have ran the following games on lowest setting but still at a decent framerate: Killing Floor, WoW, FEAR, Portal, and Counter Strike. Many thanks in advance!YewBacca

What exactly are your specs? I had a 1gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 6100 nForce 405, AMD Athlon 2.2ghz PC back in 2006, and i can give you many examples of many fantastic games that might run perfectly fine on your rig.

It's not that hard to save up, it took me a couple of months to buy a high end rig. a wile ago, and i have minimum salary here were i live.

But give me your specs.

#6 Posted by KillerJuan77 (3823 posts) -

Get another GPU.

#7 Posted by Lucianu (10283 posts) -

So are you gonna give me some specs so i can recommend some games, or are you gonna let this thread die out.

#8 Posted by GuitarPAaron (1368 posts) -

Get another GPU.

KillerJuan77

What game is that?

#9 Posted by KillerJuan77 (3823 posts) -

[QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

Get another GPU.

GuitarPAaron

What game is that?

It's not a game, it's a recommendation, his GPU will struggle even with games like Left 4 Dead, Morrowind, etc.

#10 Posted by YewBacca (25 posts) -
Specs are: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, 2GB ram, with a GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphics card.
#11 Posted by Lucianu (10283 posts) -

Fable: The Lost Chapters (fun action-RPG, superior to the 2nd and 3rd)
Gothic 2: Gold (deep, epic RPG)
Far Cry (it's specs are dirt and looks good, a perfect combo, think of it as the predecessor to Crysis)
Neverwinter Nights (great RPG)
Knights of The Old Republic (the game that influenced Mass Effect, you'll find many similarities, and the characters are fantastic)
GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas
Butcher Bay (greatest stealth/FPS ever, you might struggle a little with this one, medium quality should provide 30 FPS at least)
Prince of Persia trilogy (Sands of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones)

#12 Posted by Lucianu (10283 posts) -

2nd part of my post, because GlitchSpot wouldn't let me post.

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow (great stealth game)
Thief trilogy (the best stealth series ever)
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (the best tactical FPS)
Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix (extremely gory FPS game, with good visuals on high, for your current rig.)
Serious Sam: The First Encounter, Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (bright, funny, mindless, extremely addictive FPS games, will work like a charm on your rig at max, and they look good)
Max Payne 1, and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (the greatest TPS ever made, with fantastic character, a well written story and great action)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (greatest UT game yet)

Damn do i hate this forum with a passion.

Anyway, these games should keep you occupied for 4 months, eh. Or 4 years.

#13 Posted by Born_Lucky (1730 posts) -

I don't know why anyone would suggest Gothic 2 - it's a great game, but there's no way an integrated 6150 could play it.

I used to have a 6150 - it will play Morrowind, and that's about the limit.

#15 Posted by devinbeck19 (25 posts) -
So this is an old thread, yeah. I googled "games for lower end PC's" and this thread came up. You seem knowledgeable, more so than I, and I was wonder if you could give me a rundown on what my PC is capable of running at about 60 fps. You can look up my specs by googling "Compaq Presario CQ5320Y specs"
#16 Posted by MonsieurX (36672 posts) -
Just create a new thread instead of bumping an old one
#17 Posted by Iantheone (8242 posts) -
You can look up my specs by googling "Compaq Presario CQ5320Y specs"devinbeck19
Or you could do it and post what you come up with. People here arent going to do all of the work for you
#18 Posted by commander (13984 posts) -

Fable: The Lost Chapters (fun action-RPG, superior to the 2nd and 3rd)
Gothic 2: Gold (deep, epic RPG)
Far Cry (it's specs are dirt and looks good, a perfect combo, think of it as the predecessor to Crysis)
Neverwinter Nights (great RPG)
Knights of The Old Republic (the game that influenced Mass Effect, you'll find many similarities, and the characters are fantastic)
GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas
Butcher Bay (greatest stealth/FPS ever, you might struggle a little with this one, medium quality should provide 30 FPS at least)
Prince of Persia trilogy (Sands of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones)

Lucianu
That card will struggle with all of those games besides neverwinter nights btw I recommend: drakan http://www.gamespot.com/drakan-order-of-the-flame/
#19 Posted by commander (13984 posts) -

2nd part of my post, because GlitchSpot wouldn't let me post.

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow (great stealth game)
Thief trilogy (the best stealth series ever)
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (the best tactical FPS)
Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix (extremely gory FPS game, with good visuals on high, for your current rig.)
Serious Sam: The First Encounter, Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (bright, funny, mindless, extremely addictive FPS games, will work like a charm on your rig at max, and they look good)
Max Payne 1, and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (the greatest TPS ever made, with fantastic character, a well written story and great action)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (greatest UT game yet)

Damn do i hate this forum with a passion.

Anyway, these games should keep you occupied for 4 months, eh. Or 4 years.

Lucianu
he'll never run splinter cell of that card, not decently anyway.
#20 Posted by commander (13984 posts) -
Oh you have to try hitman too http://www.gamespot.com/hitman-codename-47/