Plasma tv for gaming?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

noones-my-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 noones-my-name
Member since 2007 • 370 Posts

Hey guys

Im seriously thinking about buying the Panasonic TH-37PX80B plasma for use with movies,ps3 and 360. Im a little weary though as previously ive allways used an lcd for gaming but im getting tired of the issues with them such as motion handling and humming/buzzing noises coming from the back.

Does anyone own the Panasonic i mentioned and if so does it make anynoise at all and has anyone had any problems with burn in etc? Ive read that all plasma tvs in the last couple of years dont really suffer from burn in anymore and some people have said that plasmas are better for gaming.

Or any advice at all would be appreciated thanks.

xXXGODFATHAXXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xXXGODFATHAXXx
Member since 2008 • 157 Posts
Most modern tvs can make the colour look wrong unless you spend money on a top brand or you calibrate it properly, panasonics are good tvs for presets so you can plug in and go, so yes i do reccomend it, do not buy a samsung plasma if you do not like calibrating the picture to get a perfect black level, i own a sammy series 4 model and its ok but i cannot be arsed tu mess with that many settings on it so i changed it for the px70,(i prefer them to the px80 becasue they are cheaper and basically the same) if you have a lot of time on patience then any HDTV will be good but if not then panasonic is a good way to go beacasue they look pretty good out of the box, you are making a good choice mate. if you need any pointers in buying tvs give me a bell, cus i own like 10 of them.:)
xXXGODFATHAXXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xXXGODFATHAXXx

Most modern tvs can make the colour look wrong unless you spend money on a top brand or you calibrate it properly, panasonics are good tvs for presets so you can plug in and go, so yes i do reccomend it, do not buy a samsung plasma if you do not like calibrating the picture to get a perfect black level, i own a sammy series 4 model and its ok but i cannot be arsed tu mess with that many settings on it so i changed it for the px70,(i prefer them to the px80 becasue they are cheaper and basically the same) if you have a lot of time on patience then any HDTV will be good but if not then panasonic is a good way to go beacasue they look pretty good out of the box, you are making a good choice mate. if you need any pointers in buying tvs give me a bell, cus i own like 10 of them.:)xXXGODFATHAXXx

oh yeaH, DONT LISTEN TO PPL SAYIN THEY LAST FOR 3 YEARS THAT IS BULL****. I STILL HAVE MY SONY PLASMA FROM WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT AND IT IS GOIN STRONG. PLasma are good tvs, lcds are good but only certain models. my sony plasma is 6 years old and it still works, no burn in or retention, plasma are overpublicised for this bullcrap. plasma are no more flawed than an lcd. in fact i can think of more things wrong with lcds than plasma.

noones-my-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 noones-my-name
Thanks loads for your advice people,i think youve made up my mind. It was only really screen burn i was worried about and the fact that lcds allways seem to give me a splitting headache.
xXXGODFATHAXXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xXXGODFATHAXXx
LCDS tend to give some ppl a headache becasue their eyes are sensitive to light, plasma provide a more relaxing viewing experience, panasonic lcds tho are not like other lcds, they seem more like plasmas they didnt mess with the backlight and make it overly bright, so look in ti 32 panasonic lcds too, they are made with the quality of a plasma.
kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
i personally prefer lcd, but if its a bigger tv go plasma, if you do go plasma, it should be placed in a darker more theater style room, plasma used to have burn in issues during videogames, sports, news, anything with an object fixed on the screen, but panasonic make the BEST plasmas and burn in is rarely an issue, just dont leave it on pause and take off for the day. LG and Sony both have good lcd tvs aswell, so shop around, lcds last longer and take up less energy consumption, but it doesnt really matter too much, if that tv is the one thats right for you then go for it. i stand by panasonic tvs, their lcd's are way ahead of their time, and the plasma your looking into is a great tv.
NosajWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 NosajWorld
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts
GET IT!! Plasmas are awesome in gaming, 1. Cause their fun to go around and brag about and 2. LCDs are teh sux
corian_331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#8 corian_331
Member since 2004 • 65 Posts
plasma will not be able to handle long term picture burn and it also chops as well at high speed. LCD or projection hybrid is the way to go. The aforementioned two are cheaper and better with games. Try getting a better brand like sony or samsung and you won't hear any noises from the tv.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

plasma will not be able to handle long term picture burn and it also chops as well at high speed. LCD or projection hybrid is the way to go. The aforementioned two are cheaper and better with games. Try getting a better brand like sony or samsung and you won't hear any noises from the tv.corian_331

Just ignore this post.

kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kreestoph

plasma will not be able to handle long term picture burn and it also chops as well at high speed. LCD or projection hybrid is the way to go. The aforementioned two are cheaper and better with games. Try getting a better brand like sony or samsung and you won't hear any noises from the tv.corian_331

actually panasonic plasma are high end, and if your tv chops at high speeds it probably has an 8 millisecond response time, panasonic aswell as most lcd tvs have 5ms response time, and panasonic rarely gets burn in. but what do i know, i only sell them.

High_Contrast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 High_Contrast
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts

I have a panny PZ70 and it's great.

I was worried about burn in and image retention, all I can say is that these issues are not the case with modern plasmas.

Large plasmas are better with movies and standard TV which swayed my decision.

xXXGODFATHAXXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xXXGODFATHAXXx
Plasma lifespans nowadays are the same as LCDS, My brother sells them in currys and he is also a proffesional calibrator and he knows a lot about this stuff. When plasmas first came out they werent the best choice but nowadays they are good, i like lcds but they have that weird white fogging in the corner on most of them and that is very annoying.
altmoonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 altmoonster
Member since 2003 • 1881 Posts

About 2 months ago I replaced my bravia lcd with panansonic plasma, and I will bever go back to lcd.

The plasma has better black levels, and a better picture.

The plasma has the same great picture at any viewing angle.

The plasma has no motion blur.

The plasma has no light bleed though at the corners

The plasma was cheaper.

I swear that electronices retailers must make higher margins on lcds, becasue otherwsie I can see no reason why they get more showroom space than plasma.

noones-my-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 noones-my-name

Ok im defo swinging towardsd plasma now,just one more question. Do plasma tvs make any loud noises like a noticeable buzzing or anything? ive heard the model i mentioned above is really quiet.

xXXGODFATHAXXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xXXGODFATHAXXx

no your model does not buzz mate thats guarenteed, my bro owns that tv and he has a bravia and he ses the lcd beats it in all categorys. and nada buzzing

noones-my-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 noones-my-name
Ok then im sold people,cheers for all the help and advice,much appreciated
Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts

if anyone here actually knew as much as they made it sound about the subject i'm surprised no one has brought it up, but Plasmas are more prone to making buzzing noises than LCD's. If anything, Pioneers (which are considered the best, not Panasoncis fyi) have been said to have that as their main achillies heel (buzzing).

Overall people have had little complaints in that area with the latest Panasonics, but a buzzing fan noise has always been more of an issue with Plasmas over LCD's.

noones-my-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 noones-my-name

no your model does not buzz mate thats guarenteed, my bro owns that tv and he has a bravia and he ses the lcd beats it in all categorys. and nada buzzing

xXXGODFATHAXXx

So youre saying the plasma doesnt buzz and beats the lcd in all areas?

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Spincut
[QUOTE="xXXGODFATHAXXx"]

noones-my-name

So youre saying the plasma doesnt buzz and beats the lcd in all areas?

I dont know what he's saying, honestly only a few weeks ago he was posting a whole bunch of topics asking advice on a whole range of sets, and now he's suddelny so knowledgable about it.

The fact is Plamsas more often having buzzing issues over LCD's, particularily the top Pioneers (considered one of their biggest issues).

Then again it isnt the end of the world, and many are saying the Panasonic Plasmas this year are particularily quiet.

noones-my-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 noones-my-name
Yeah i heard the 2008 panasonics are really quiet too,cheers mate
Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Spincut

Yeah i heard the 2008 panasonics are really quiet too,cheers mate noones-my-name

With that being said i wouldnt let the people here try and convince you too much about anything, as i see alot of suspect comments passed around. You might want to think about going to AVS and asking about this kind of stuff there.

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Spincut

hey noone dont listen tu dirk he dont kno knowt, i hav an avsforums accout, track me down on it.

Advantages of LCD:Dont have to break in, can be abused on picture so much and it ownt get burn in

Disadvantage of LCD: Backlight and dynamic dimming(this pisses me of) colours arent as rich as plasmas and black levels tend to be more grey or green side of things but not noticible less yu up close. repsonse time can be slow

Advantage of plasma:Good sd picture, cheap, dont get burn in like it used tu. very quick responce time

Disadvantage of plasma:SOMETIMES but rarely there is buzzing, burn in but only if you abuse the plasma, retention but goes away after 100 hours use.

xXXGODFATHAXXx

All i did was point out something that was true (as to opposed to the mess of a reponse you just made about me), a very short time ago you were spamming topics and asking advice about pretty much every display technology out there, and now you're giving advice as some sort of knowledge source?

And because i point this out you write a barely legible post telling the user i dont know anything?

Noons, i'm sure you can gather by just the quality of his post what i was trying to explain to you, dont use this forum or this person as a reliable source of information, go to AVS and ask about it there (not this user if he even is on there, but other much more knowledgable individuals). At the very least it will prove i am right about the buzzing issue (it doesnt come from abuse, plasmas have often had an audible buzzing noise and that can also vary due to content on the screen) and godfather is merely playing at being an advice giver.

kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kreestoph
all you have to do is look it up on cnet.com. panasonic plasmas have the highest raitings, besides two expensive pioneer models. p.s. they dont buzz, i have been around plenty of these.
Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Spincut

all you have to do is look it up on cnet.com. panasonic plasmas have the highest raitings, besides two expensive pioneer models. p.s. they dont buzz, i have been around plenty of these. kreestoph

I have already been saying the current Panasonics are not considererd as buzzy, BUT, there are two reasons plasmas do have a more natural occurence of a buzzing noise. Firstly, while most/all the displays do have fans in the back, Plasmas run hotter and have noisier fans than the average LCD television.

Secondly, Plasmas will emit a some buzz depending on the screen content, such as an all white screen, since the amount of power the plasma uses is variable to the stuff on the screen and certain content can emit an audible buzz from its power supply. you will find it is commonly accepted that these two elements together come together to make the audible buzz alot of people commonly associate with a plasma.

Yes though for a Plasma the new Panasonics are considered pretty quiet.

But anyone who tries to tell you buzzing is actually MORE associated with LCD probably doesnt know what they're talking about.

xXXGODFATHAXXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xXXGODFATHAXXx

dirk, what your saying about tvs is true but your trolling about some of them, how can i not be a reliable source of info? i may not of known much but i work alongside my brother and he has taught me everything about tvs, plasmas with their phosphor and lcds with their liquid crystals, i graduated from college with a elctricians degree, a few months ago i was asking for settings for ONE tv, so dont you dare insult my intelligence MATE you got it. I know a lot about tvs and noone if you want to buy that panasonic buy it, its personal preference mate, if one perosn likes another tv and doesnt like yours doesnt mean its crap. panasonics are the best for under a grand, if you spend over a grand then companys like loewe, bang and olufsen and pioneer are the ones to go for. If you want any advice on inputs,outputs and tvs then jus ask. i kno a lot about this stuff. dirk, think what yur gunna say before you say it, im jus helping noone get his tv and your insulting my intelligence? you dont kno crap about tvs becasue buzzing is not a common problem on plasmas actually. DO SOME DAMN RESEARCH!!! noone your choice is brilliant so buy it, do not listen tu what anyone says that tv is perfect.

Boxcutters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Boxcutters
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts

I've praising the love for panasonic plasmas for the last month, panasonic do not get screen burn because of the auto pixel shifting it does, plus any slight image burn will fade away in less then a min.

I think it's the best HDTV I've ever owned. My next HDTV will be a panasonic plasma

I love that's there no lag, easy on the eyes, and the Vibrant Colors.

Much more detailed picture then the LCDs I've looked at in the stores. Only a newer LCD that cost a lot can match a panasonic.

Plus Plasmas are cheaper the LCDS!

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Spincut

*insert any number of godfathers previous responses*

xXXGODFATHAXXx

I dont really need to argue with you when you respond like that, you've done the work for me as no one would beleive you over me when you present anything you say with that kind of demeaner and lack of clarity.

your posts are incoherent and dont show a whole lot beyond grandstanding about what you may or may not know on the subject (and you did make alot of seperate threads each asking for advice on seperate tv's, so it doesnt bode well for you to start trying to advise people right after that), and calling me a troll for pointing this very obvious fact out kind of seals the deal.

dont yell at people to do research when you should be taking your own advice and learning to be a little more responsible with the way you conduct and represent yourself.

FYI, describing a photo someone posted in their profile as a way of "knowing their type" does not sound like much of a point about bias or anything else for that matter, it sounds more like an insult that fell very flat on its face. If you arent saying i'm wrong maybe you shouldnt have spent a whole post before this meaningless comment doing just that, or implying there is bias, when the only topic i've been trying to clarify to the earnest topic starter was a very obvious fact that seems absen to you in regards to plasma buzzing.

A final saving throw to the topic starter, if you can see what i see in these responses, just go to AVSforums.com and talk to people there, you'll get much more reliable and mature responses (for the most part) on there.

Boxcutters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Boxcutters
My model panasonic does not BUZZ so Im not sure what Dirk is talking about.
Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spincut

My model panasonic does not BUZZ so Im not sure what Dirk is talking about.Boxcutters

It's been established from your responses in several threads that you probably dont even own one but if you had read any single one of my posts where i talk about it, you'd have probably noticed i said that this years panasonics were noteably quiet. To miss information like that multiple times, i imagine it would be hard to know what someone is talking about.

kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kreestoph
their not noteably quiet dirk, their completely quiet.
Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Spincut

their not noteably quiet dirk, their completely quiet.kreestoph

Some people have reported hearing a buzz at times if they try real hard (although this is isolated, but it wouldnt be considered fault operation if they had). The whole point of which anyone making such a statement is that some people do care about it and are aware of the fact that most plasmas do have a variable level of buzz.

It's very presumptive considering the natures of the displays to say every model and every unit is completely quiet.

They are reported as much less prone to buzz than most other plasmas though (which was my point all along, that buzzing is more par for the course on plasmas not LCD's, as an uninformed user initially tried to report).

rf_switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34 rf_switch
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

modern plasmas are fine for gaming. But as far as plasma vs. LCD its really just up to you. The buyer. Plasmas do have better black levels though. Check them out. Mess around with the settings and what not in the store. If it turns out an LCD looks better to you then go for that. Panasonic is one of the better makers of Plasma sets. Topped only by Pioneer really.

one way to find out if the model you want makes a buzzing noise is to find one in a store, get real close and listen for said buzz.

But even if it does have one it's still probably quiter than a 360 or a PS3...

boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

try this site http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717324&highlight=plasma

or this site http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/

they are both very knowledgeable and trusted sites read reviews and ask questions

firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts

About 2 months ago I replaced my bravia lcd with panansonic plasma, and I will bever go back to lcd.

The plasma has better black levels, and a better picture.

The plasma has the same great picture at any viewing angle.

The plasma has no motion blur.

The plasma has no light bleed though at the corners

The plasma was cheaper.

I swear that electronices retailers must make higher margins on lcds, becasue otherwsie I can see no reason why they get more showroom space than plasma.

altmoonster

yea, my samsung lcd is pretty bad with the backlight, it's damn noticeable on standard definition dvds, not so much blu-ray but it still leaves much to be desired.

firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts
[QUOTE="xXXGODFATHAXXx"]

hey noone dont listen tu dirk he dont kno knowt, i hav an avsforums accout, track me down on it.

Advantages of LCD:Dont have to break in, can be abused on picture so much and it ownt get burn in

Disadvantage of LCD: Backlight and dynamic dimming(this pisses me of) colours arent as rich as plasmas and black levels tend to be more grey or green side of things but not noticible less yu up close. repsonse time can be slow

Advantage of plasma:Good sd picture, cheap, dont get burn in like it used tu. very quick responce time

Disadvantage of plasma:SOMETIMES but rarely there is buzzing, burn in but only if you abuse the plasma, retention but goes away after 100 hours use.

Dirk13

All i did was point out something that was true (as to opposed to the mess of a reponse you just made about me), a very short time ago you were spamming topics and asking advice about pretty much every display technology out there, and now you're giving advice as some sort of knowledge source?

And because i point this out you write a barely legible post telling the user i dont know anything?

Noons, i'm sure you can gather by just the quality of his post what i was trying to explain to you, dont use this forum or this person as a reliable source of information, go to AVS and ask about it there (not this user if he even is on there, but other much more knowledgable individuals). At the very least it will prove i am right about the buzzing issue (it doesnt come from abuse, plasmas have often had an audible buzzing noise and that can also vary due to content on the screen) and godfather is merely playing at being an advice giver.

i just find it funny how he's telling people that plasmas need to be broken in, while on avs people have said it's not necessary at all.

xXXGODFATHAXXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xXXGODFATHAXXx

plasmas dont buzz mate, hey dirk, me an you kno different things eg yu kno obviously more bout the tech and i tend tu be more mode, make and how they work side.

romans828_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 romans828_2002
Member since 2003 • 1108 Posts

My plasma does buzz. It does not buzz loud enough to be heard in the slightest when there is audio, but when the audio is muted and the room is quiet, if I stick my ear about a foot from the TV, I can hear a buzz. To summarize, it makes a noise, but it is not even remotely noticable during normal viewing.

Here's my suggestion (and please forgive me if I sound like I'm coming across as a smarty pants), but go the retailer and check the tv out for yourself. If you stick your ear to the tv and it buzzes, you'll be able to determine if it is a level that will annoy you. If you're worried about burn-in, pull up a menu on the tv and let it stay there for a minute or so. Then close the menu on a black screen and you'll be able to see the level of image retention. It is my understanding that with the modern plasmas that image retention is a slight issue. I notice it on my tv. Even so, true burn in only exists in extreme circumstances, such as playing the same game for 24 hours straight (please tell me you don't do that). Further, my plasma has an image cleaner, which is essentially a grey screen which eliminates the image retention. Again, the only way you'll know for sure is to go check out the product for yourself. When I bought mine, I was like Dwight Shrute (The Office fans will know what I mean), turning the tv around, putting my ear to it, playing with all the settings, testing it for retention, etc. I think I ticked the sales people off, but it's the only way to know if the product is right for you.

And to answer your question in your topic's title, I think plasma is fantastic for gaming. It is much smoother than the LCDs that I've played games on.

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Spincut

plasmas dont buzz mate, hey dirk, me an you kno different things eg yu kno obviously more bout the tech and i tend tu be more mode, make and how they work side.

xXXGODFATHAXXx

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying at all, I dont know if english is your first language or not but you need to put more effort into the clarity of what you're saying. The best i can decipher is that you beleive you know more about modes of tv's over the technical aspect....which again, doesnt make much sense. Knowing the tech side of a tv's "is" knowing how they work, there is no real differentiation between what i "think" you're trying to to say.

All i will say is that Plasmas do have an inherent buzzing persona to them, LCD's generally do not. Whatever knowing more about "mode" is, or how knowing how a tv works differs from someone understanding the "tech" side is anyones guess.

i just find it funny how he's telling people that plasmas need to be broken in, while on avs people have said it's not necessary at all.

firebreathing

Well actually it's often debated on AVS, alot of people question the necesity, but most of the posters there actually do break in their plasmas (and discuss the variable ways they are doing it at quite a good deal of length).

Granted, i dont think that has any relevance to the advice he was giving though.

kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kreestoph
good grief
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Oriental_Jams
Member since 2008 • 1610 Posts
My Pioneer is superb with both my PS3 and 360, so I would guess the Panasonic would do just as good a job.
Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Spincut

We all know that Dirk doesn't own a plasma much less a Panasonic so he doesn't know what he is talking about.Boxcutters

are you trying to antogonize me by mimicking me or something? you have consistently shown in threads that you don't have a firm grasp on what you're talking about, and often get rude and evasive when proven wrong, and likely dont own the set you claim to own.

frankly i think it's lazy for you to simply try and reverse the comment back onto me, when it's you it is describing.

Boxcutters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Boxcutters
Why you need to have the last word on everything. You don't even own a plasma so why you are talking about it.
Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Spincut

Why you need to have the last word on everything. You don't even own a plasma so why you are talking about it. Boxcutters

Last word? You are antogonizing and misiformative, when you make lazy comebacks that merely involve rebranding the very true things i've said about you, i will respond. Such as what you said above, you clearly dont own a plasma based on the dicussions we've had, and yet you give the most innacurate information while claiming to have one. Frankly it doesnt matter whether you own a plasma or not, because your advice is highly misinformed.

I consider it important to let people that come here seeking advice to see your true level of knowledge (or lack thereof) as much as possible.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
If the power consumption wasn't so much more than DLP i would love plasmas. We have a 50'' and it makes the room really hot in the summer :? A 58'' would probably be about $1K more than a 61'' DLP so we'll go DLP for our next HDTV. LCD is the most expensive when it's the worst in terms of picture quality. Oh and my Panny does buzz, but with decent volume you can't hear it.
boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

If the power consumption wasn't so much more than DLP i would love plasmas. We have a 50'' and it makes the room really hot in the summer :? A 58'' would probably be about $1K more than a 61'' DLP so we'll go DLP for our next HDTV. LCD is the most expensive when it's the worst in terms of picture quality. Oh and my Panny does buzz, but with decent volume you can't hear it. X360PS3AMD05

See now I must just be really lucky because my th50PZ70 does not make a sound at all like Ive said before I can hear the fans in my skyHD box buzzing but not my TV