Planetside 2 Terran Republic Overpowered

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kevin75 (180 posts) -

Anyone else think the Terran Republic is a tad overpowered. I play as the New Conglomerate and this point was hit home when I met a TR player who was also playing a Heavy and I began shooting first and had my shield activated second. By all accounts I should have emerged the victor of the skirmage since accuracy wasn't playing a role and that I began shooting first having superior firepower (supposedly). Blew through his shield and yet I lost. Not that this was the only time I had ever lost but the other times could be chocked up to accuracy and their supperior fire rate, but I'm now convinced that it the reason I simply don't like fighting them is they are simply too overpowered.

Anyone else notice that the TR is a tad bit overpowered?

If you are wondering with the Vanu Soverty the battles rage a lot more evenly and their accuracy is something to be reconned with.

#2 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
We're not overpowered... We're just awesome! :D
#3 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

the sides are not overpowered, some people just have better teamwork

#4 Posted by AfroPirate (675 posts) -

vanu magriders are op....

#5 Posted by Kevin75 (180 posts) -

True I see the Soverty working together a lot more but that doesn't cover the fact that the TR guns seems to do more damage than the Sovernty and Conglomerate.

I'm not advocating nerfing but think they need to tweek the balance to get it right.

#6 Posted by Tixylixx (312 posts) -

Whine whine whine, get on with it and play.

Funny because as a TR my stats show me dying to the NC 2 - 1 over the vanu and yet everyone claims the NC are underpowered. I know I've been fighting the Vanu more than the NC too according to my stats.........

#7 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

True I see the Soverty working together a lot more but that doesn't cover the fact that the TR guns seems to do more damage than the Sovernty and Conglomerate.

I'm not advocating nerfing but think they need to tweek the balance to get it right.

Kevin75

Conglomerate weapons do more damage per hit than either faction. TR has the least damage per hit. Vanu is the middle ground. TR is also the faster firing, NC the slowest, and Vanu the middle again.

#8 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

random question..do NC guns have a faster rate of fire?

#9 Posted by Blicen (1810 posts) -

lawlessx
Slowest rate of fire, hardest hitting though.
#10 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

Blicen

Slowest rate of fire, hardest hitting though.

well that would explain why i almost always die in a firefight against them

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
#11 Posted by deactivated-58b6232955e4a (15594 posts) -
NC player calling TR op.
#12 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kevin75"]

wis3boi

Conglomerate weapons do more damage per hit than either faction. TR has the least damage per hit. Vanu is the middle ground. TR is also the faster firing, NC the slowest, and Vanu the middle again.

^this. NC weapons and vehicles hit like a truck but they are rather slow

#13 Posted by Mrcod11 (3059 posts) -

All sides have their pros and cons. The difference is teamwork and skill.

#14 Posted by Swiftstrike5 (6950 posts) -

If I remember from the beta, TR is supposed to have the strongest infantry because they have the weakest vehicles. NC has the strongest vehicles, but the weakest infantry. Vanu, I believe, are in the middle.

I tend to like NC weapons though, simply because they feel more inline with BF2/BF2142. The high damage, high recoil requires a lot of weapon control.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#15 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Vanu are OP cos of Scythes

#16 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1731 posts) -

I'd say learn to use your guns better or that maybe NC type guns arn't really your play style. Problem really comes into play as an NC player is recoil. However, this can be lessened when controlling your fire or by using a gun with less recoil and equipting a forward grip.

I can walk through TR/VS with the GD-2S/grip gun no problems until I've get tagged and my gun jumps or I'm side stepping into a slope while aiming. I believe TR have a better choice of guns for light assault over NC as you want guns that shoot faster in CC.

Only truly OP thing I can think of in the game right now are magriders and their maneuverability and the next to no weapon drop comparably. NC/TR tanks don't do enough damage against Mag tanks imo.

#17 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

No they aren't OP, the NC is underpowered, even the devs have admitted it.

#18 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -
I installed this game then I went to turn it on and it told me I needed an account with Sony. So I log in with my account and then bang its telling me I need to pay a premium just to get past the 15 minute queues. I uninstalled the game almost instantly and went back to enjoying Team Fortress 2.
#19 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1731 posts) -

Quick question regarding tank shell drops... Has anyone noticed the velocity of tank shells change from time to time? I've noticed that when using the notches on the crosshair I could hit and miss targets without changing the arc in my shots. This happens at any distances moving or sitting still.

It's not something that happens all the time but it confuses the hell outta me when it does lol.

#20 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1731 posts) -

I installed this game then I went to turn it on and it told me I needed an account with Sony. So I log in with my account and then bang its telling me I need to pay a premium just to get past the 15 minute queues. I uninstalled the game almost instantly and went back to enjoying Team Fortress 2.SKaREO

I've gotta pay to have reserved slots on my fav TF2 servers as well. Not defending anything, just saying.

#21 Posted by with_teeth26 (8338 posts) -

I installed this game then I went to turn it on and it told me I needed an account with Sony. So I log in with my account and then bang its telling me I need to pay a premium just to get past the 15 minute queues. I uninstalled the game almost instantly and went back to enjoying Team Fortress 2.SKaREO

you could have selected a different server... i've never once had to wait in a que.

I feel the TR and NC are pretty balanced against each other, the Vanu i'm not so sure about, some of their vehicle attachements seem a bit too effective compared to the starting ones.

#22 Posted by Jebus213 (10011 posts) -

TR has better teamwork.

That's why I play them.

#23 Posted by Wasdie (53489 posts) -

Probelm with NC weapons is that their slow rate of fire makes them useless in close quarters and even in some medium range engagements.

The TR's heavy assault weapon the CARV-S is just blatantly OP though. It may not do a ton of damage, but it's super accurate, has a very high rate of fire, and the bullet deviation is really low. Best spraying wepaon in the game.

#24 Posted by Wasdie (53489 posts) -

TR has better teamwork.

That's why I play them.

Jebus213

No one side has better teamwork. Some sides have outfits that are more coordinated. The Enclave has a massive 100+ player zerg that they control. They aren't necessarily better, there are just a lot of them and they overwhelm positions.

#25 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -

I'd say learn to use your guns better or that maybe NC type guns arn't really your play style. Problem really comes into play as an NC player is recoil. However, this can be lessened when controlling your fire or by using a gun with less recoil and equipting a forward grip.

I can walk through TR/VS with the GD-2S/grip gun no problems until I've get tagged and my gun jumps or I'm side stepping into a slope while aiming. I believe TR have a better choice of guns for light assault over NC as you want guns that shoot faster in CC.

Only truly OP thing I can think of in the game right now are magriders and their maneuverability and the next to no weapon drop comparably. NC/TR tanks don't do enough damage against Mag tanks imo.

slimjimbadboy
Forward grip only effects horizontal recoil. Compensator effects vertical. That said, unlock the EM6 + compensator + red dot + high velocity ammo... Made a big difference to me, now I can 9 times out of 10 take on 2 - 3 other faction members with my shield on as a NC HA.
#26 Posted by Zubinen (2555 posts) -
Vanu feels underpowered to me, Scythes need more protection from missile spam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmBlk3IgQc4&hd=1
#27 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -
Yeah, but... TR lack in the whole swag department. So it evens out.
#28 Posted by mirgamer (2434 posts) -

All factions will claim they are underpowered compared to the rest. There are some basis to it and some are false but the only thing thats sure is that some faction classes certainly have more advantages over the rest. TR is good for infantry CC because of higher rate of fire, the Vanu has more maneuverable tanks etc etc. To demand perfect balance within a specific classes like Heavy Assault is an excercise in futility, they are not meant to be that way plus there are too many variables considering this is a game that has a very huge scope.

Just select the one you feel most comfortable with...best case, the one that fits your preferred class playstyle.

#29 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

Vanu are OP because Stephen Hawking is their leader

seanmcloughlin

FTFY

#30 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -
Lol why would I expect a full argument with sheets and stats? It's always "HE KILLED ME FIRST, THEY'RE OP" TR just has the most people that's all.
#31 Posted by mitu123 (155201 posts) -

We're not overpowered... We're just awesome! :Dtrastamad03
Almost the same thing genius!>.>

#32 Posted by Iantheone (8242 posts) -

Anyone else think the Terran Republic is a tad overpowered. I play as the New Conglomerate and this point was hit home when I met a TR player who was also playing a Heavy and I began shooting first and had my shield activated second. By all accounts I should have emerged the victor of the skirmage since accuracy wasn't playing a role and that I began shooting first having superior firepower (supposedly). Blew through his shield and yet I lost. Not that this was the only time I had ever lost but the other times could be chocked up to accuracy and their supperior fire rate, but I'm now convinced that it the reason I simply don't like fighting them is they are simply too overpowered.

Anyone else notice that the TR is a tad bit overpowered?

If you are wondering with the Vanu Soverty the battles rage a lot more evenly and their accuracy is something to be reconned with.

Kevin75
Probably has moer so to do with that he was a better shot than you, had a lower ping, had a higher ping, got lucky or any combination of those factors.
#33 Posted by bod1492 (25 posts) -
yes i think they are because we every i got in to combat with them some how they end up wining they are to over powered. i think they should make them a little weaker in fire power because i thought the NC where the ones to have the stronger guns. thats why i played them. I do fine ageist the V S but when i fight them even when i have my friends some how one of them kills like 2 of us at once. its just not fair
#34 Posted by Wasdie (53489 posts) -

Locking an old thread.

(TR isn't OP anymore)