Physical Memory Dump?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Meatwad630 (485 posts) -
I've had my laptop for a little over a year and I have never experienced this problem before.  During the past week my system has randomly gone to a blue screen in which it tells me that the physical memory is being dumped.  Is this something I should worry about?  The screen will just do this during regular usage or even while the screen saver is on.  Any help is appreciated.
#2 Posted by Solaris222002 (979 posts) -
Yes that is the BSOD and you should worry. This is just from personal experience, so somebody here will probably knows how to fully fix it. When you on the BSOD copy down the Stop Code, it'll be "STOP (bunch of numbers)" and type that into Microsofts help center and see if you can fix it from there, I dont know which code you got so I cant really help to much. Also defrag your computer, that worked occationally for me.
#3 Posted by Meatwad630 (485 posts) -
Well, I'm looking through the Event Viewer and I found the times when the Memory Dumps occured.  I looked at the properties and these are the numbers that showed up:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xf688a2bc, 0xa8fe6b20, 0x00000000).

I honestly have no clue what all that means and I'm not sure what to do with the information either.
#4 Posted by Jiggly_Wiggly (1912 posts) -
Try doing a virus scan, could be a virus, if you installed any new hardware or software uninstall it.
#5 Posted by Meatwad630 (485 posts) -
I ran a virus scan, a spyware scan, and the only new hardware I've installed are Bose speakers, but they didn't require any drivers, just plugged them into the audio port.
#6 Posted by KSlater85 (19738 posts) -
hmm... try to watch the stop screen for kernal names or stop codes should be some hint there... If worse comes to worse back up your data and try a system restore with the restore disks that came with the laptop.
#7 Posted by Renaud3 (25 posts) -
I am having the SAME problem....Blue stop screen.......We have a new Dell XPS gaming computer. My son plays Knight on Line and it started doing that same thing a few days ago.....ANY LUCK??????
#8 Posted by littlehelp (1264 posts) -
You can learn all about BSOD here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death#See_also It should be able to help you. :)