Petition to bring EA UFC 3 to PC.

#1 Edited by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

I don't think this will help as EA is a company built on **** shit. But here please sign this. With any luck people can prove that the demand is there, and EA won't have any excuses.

https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-bring-ea-sports-ufc-3-to-pc

#3 Posted by stuff238 (3284 posts) -

I don’t see why not. Those UFC games don’t cost much to make.

#4 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@zatpcc33: Thanks. I'll have to check that site out as I have never heard of it before.

#5 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@stuff238: Well EA doesn't really care about fans, or consumers. And as I said I don't have much hope as this was tried with EA UFC 2, and they refused to port it, even though they had 12000 people sign it, and even people like myself who weren't PC gamers at the time, and didm't now about the petition, but are huge MMA fans, and would have bought it upon switching over.

#6 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

@illusionary said:

@stuff238: Well EA doesn't really care about fans, or consumers. And as I said I don't have much hope as this was tried with EA UFC 2, and they refused to port it, even though they had 12000 people sign it, and even people like myself who weren't PC gamers at the time, and didm't now about the petition, but are huge MMA fans, and would have bought it upon switching over.

lol they care about consumers, of course they do. There is no demand of UFC on PC and hence why they don't port it. Simple business.

#7 Edited by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

Well apparently saying something negative about EA, and linking a petition is bullshit, and grounds for censorship. Who would have thunk it. And people wonder why fight game fans are consider the lowest form of intelligence in the gaming community.

#8 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@FelipeInside: This has been proven false before.

#9 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

@illusionary said:

@FelipeInside: This has been proven false before.

By what? 12,000 signatures? lol that's not even a number in EA's business plan. They deal in millions.

#10 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@FelipeInside: 12000 people saying they will buy the game is substanial enough to warrant a port as it would cover the cost of production and then some. There is no need to defend them.

Also "lol" doesn't show anything but insecurity.

#11 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (2784 posts) -

EA is not some guy, it is a group of employees hired for the purpose of making investors money. You guys put too much personal expectations out of a business. They will only change as the market changes so don't buy their games and turn around to complain time and time again.

#12 Posted by Todddow (880 posts) -

I'd rather petition EA to never make another game again.

#13 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

@illusionary said:

@FelipeInside: 12000 people saying they will buy the game is substanial enough to warrant a port as it would cover the cost of production and then some. There is no need to defend them.

Also "lol" doesn't show anything but insecurity.

Dude, I'm on your side. I feel for you. I had to change playing FIFA to Playstation because the numbers are low on PC.

I'm just explaining that a huge company like EA isn't going to put their production efforts into porting a game because of 12,000 signatures.

#14 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@todddow: Ah, a Star Wars fan, correct. I agree with this sentiment to a extent, They are doing some seriously shady shit with Battlefront series. I personally only played the original reboot, and it only severed to make me feel nostalgic about the old Battlefronts.

#15 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@FelipeInside: Yes, I am aware of the unlikelihood, as well as the reason for EA's reluctance. But the premise that they would spend some great amount of production on this is absurd to me. This is EA, they do the bare minimum.

#16 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

@illusionary said:

@FelipeInside: Yes, I am aware of the unlikelihood, as well as the reason for EA's reluctance. But the premise that they would spend some great amount of production on this is absurd to me. This is EA, they do the bare minimum.

Not great amount, but porting a whole game isn't as easy as copy and paste either.

I'm sure they have thought about it (same with Madden) but the business report shows it's not worth it for them at this stage.

By all means continue to fight the good fight though, I wish all sports games were on PC too.

#17 Posted by Todddow (880 posts) -

@illusionary: Between both Star Wars games, Mass Effect Andromeda, Battlefield 1, and the rehashed sports games they pump out every year, I think they absolutely suck as of late. The loot crate thing and Disney getting mad at them was just icing on the cake.

#18 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@pimphand_gamer: I think everyone is aware EA is not an individual. The "it's just businesses" mind set is most certainly part of the problem. And yes I agree don't buy them, then bitch. I don't own any of EA game ATM.

#19 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@todddow: Yeah. Mass Effect was one of my favorite series. But Andromeda just didn't have the caliber to match it's predecessors.

I would like a more competent developer to have the UFC licence, but hey that's not likely to happen.

There was a petition on Change.org that called for Disney to revoke EA's Star Wars licence. It had like 200k people signed.

#20 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

@todddow said:

@illusionary: Between both Star Wars games, Mass Effect Andromeda, Battlefield 1, and the rehashed sports games they pump out every year, I think they absolutely suck as of late. The loot crate thing and Disney getting mad at them was just icing on the cake.

- Andromeda was a letdown. It was too rushed but it had a huge hype to live up to.

- Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 1 are both great shooters, the former just got a bad rep because of the loot crate thing which is now basically fixed.

#21 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@FelipeInside: I played the beta of Battlefield 1, but lost interest when I moved to PC. Probably because I'm a friendless hoe.:(

Battlefront was a huge disappointment for me. I mean it lacked almost all of the things that made the previous series great. The only plus it had over the older ones was, well it was pretty. I'm not trying to be a nostalgic fanboy, I just got really hyped for a new Battlefront, only to be immensely underwhelmed

#22 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

@illusionary said:

@FelipeInside: I played the beta of Battlefield 1, but lost interest when I moved to PC. Probably because I'm a friendless hoe.:(

Battlefront was a huge disappointment for me. I mean it lacked almost all of the things that made the previous series great. The only plus it had over the older ones was, well it was pretty. I'm not trying to be a nostalgic fanboy, I just got really hyped for a new Battlefront, only to be immensely underwhelmed

Battlefield 1 - I agree is much more fun with friends.

Battlefront 1 was a bit of a disappointment for me too. It was fun but it got stale pretty fast. BF2 fixed everything wrong with the first one gameplay-wise, it's just a shame it got such a bad rep because of the progression system, which had it's issues but wasn't as bad as everyone made it up to be. They have fixed it now so the game is pretty solid.

#23 Edited by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@FelipeInside: Hmm. I don't trust EA. If they tried this mobile game reminiscent micro-transaction BS once, they'll do it again. It's never about the consumer with companies like EA, it's always them wondering how far the fanbase of a certain franchise will let them go before speaking out. Mark my words, they'll try again.

#24 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

@illusionary said:

@FelipeInside: Hmm. I don't trust EA. If they tried this mobile game reminiscent micro-transaction BS once, they'll do it again. It's never about the consumer with companies like EA, it's always them wondering how far the fanbase of a certain franchise will let them go before speaking out. Mark my words, they'll try again.

I agree, but at the end of the day you have to look at the important thing, which is YOU. Video games are entertainment, so if you have fun with a game then don't worry too much about other things. And trust me, Battlefront 2 is FUN. Pew Pew !!!

#25 Edited by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@FelipeInside: I have no doubt it was fun, the first reboot was fun, it just didn't compare to the older ones, for no reason other than incompetence.

It just makes me wish that anyone could make Star Wars games. Because not only is competition great for the consumer, but you just know some suits at EA are in a boardroom like " Well where the **** are they going to go if they don't like it? We own the rights to make Star Wars games."

#26 Posted by skipper847 (7281 posts) -

I thought it was going to say Petition to bring down EA.

#27 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

@illusionary said:

@FelipeInside: I have no doubt it was fun, the first reboot was fun, it just didn't compare to the older ones, for no reason other than incompetence.

It just makes me wish that anyone could make Star Wars games. Because not only is competition great for the consumer, but you just know some suits at EA are in a boardroom like " Well where the **** are they going to go if they don't like it? We own the rights to make Star Wars games."

Yeah I know what you mean but remember that EA is the publisher, the developer still has to bring out a good or bad game.

#28 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@FelipeInside: Oh, I'm not making excuses for DiCE. But you EA has the power here, they have the money, so in the end they get the final, and if they want, only say on what goes.

#29 Posted by UssjTrunks (11288 posts) -

This game is P2W junk. Not sure why you even want to play it.

#30 Posted by UssjTrunks (11288 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:
@illusionary said:

Yeah I know what you mean but remember that EA is the publisher, the developer still has to bring out a good or bad game.

EA controls the budget, deadlines, and monetization strategy of the game.

#31 Edited by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@UssjTrunks: Because I'm huge fan of MMA, and I don't play it online so I don't really know if it's P2W.

Unless you are talking about Battlefront 2, then in that case my answer is I don't. I have no real interest in it.

#32 Edited by schu (9901 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:
@illusionary said:

lol they care about consumers, of course they do. There is no demand of UFC on PC and hence why they don't port it. Simple business.

That is false. I'd buy it if it was on PC. You don't know what the demand is, just makin shit up.

#33 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

@schu said:
@FelipeInside said:
@illusionary said:

That is false. I'd buy it if it was on PC. You don't know what the demand is, just makin shit up.

lol I don't think you understand business matey. I'm sure there are thousands of people that would buy it on PC, but EA doesn't deal in thousands. They have probably done their business research models and realized there's not enough demand to warrant the port.

#34 Posted by iLLusionary (49 posts) -

@FelipeInside: And that's the difference between a Dev team built on passion, and one built on corporate greed.

#35 Posted by Addict187 (1047 posts) -

@UssjTrunks said:

This game is P2W junk. Not sure why you even want to play it.

P2W junk? how so, please explain. I played the last one a lot and never spent more then the $30 to buy the game at the time.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#36 Posted by ShepardCommandr (4939 posts) -

no thanks

EA can rot in hell.

I don't want any their bs games on pc.

#37 Posted by AinzGone (17 posts) -

hmmm cool